ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Roadster and Coupe > General BMW Z4 Forum
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

06-06-2007, 06:31 AM   #1
Caddyshk
M = Midlife Crisis
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2006 Z4MC Interlagos

Had a Bad Day - Z4MC to the Rescue

Had a real bad career day yesterday. While licking my emotional wounds last night, I decided to take the car for a spin, followed up by a couple of Bud's - I'm feeling all better now. Z4MC just seems to make all the problems of the day go away
SS Race Cans, RE X Pipe, DKF Sec 1, Fabspeed Headers, OE STB, AS Shifter, Dave Z CDV, GC Coil Overs, Stoptech lines, Hawk DTC Pads, RE Clutch Stop, RE Transmission Mounts, Vibra-Technics Engine Mounts, Poly FCAB & RTAB, LeatherZ M Shift Boot, Tekarbon Rear Spoiler, CF Grills, Advan RS DGM
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2007, 06:41 AM   #2
155MPH
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: E89 Z4 sDrive28i M Performance

Garage List
Now, if you could only figure out how to fold that roof down!
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2007, 07:07 AM   #3
inTgr8r
Lieutenant General
Canada
Rep
Drives: M2 Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caddyshk View Post
Had a real bad career day yesterday. While licking my emotional wounds last night, I decided to take the car for a spin, followed up by a couple of Bud's - I'm feeling all better now. Z4MC just seems to make all the problems of the day go away
Absolutely amazing how it can alter one's perspective....
Been there done that, a few times.

- Hope things get sorted out for you.
'07 Z4 M Coupe Alpine White (sold)
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2007, 07:17 AM   #4
Caddyshk
M = Midlife Crisis
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by inTgr8r View Post
- Hope things get sorted out for you.
Thanks! Nothing too serious, just the dissapointment of not getting the promotion I've aspired to for the past 7 years. Looks like I've found principle in Peter at 48 years old and just need to accept it
SS Race Cans, RE X Pipe, DKF Sec 1, Fabspeed Headers, OE STB, AS Shifter, Dave Z CDV, GC Coil Overs, Stoptech lines, Hawk DTC Pads, RE Clutch Stop, RE Transmission Mounts, Vibra-Technics Engine Mounts, Poly FCAB & RTAB, LeatherZ M Shift Boot, Tekarbon Rear Spoiler, CF Grills, Advan RS DGM
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2007, 08:41 AM   #5
155MPH
Major
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Very sorry to hear that.
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2007, 08:59 AM   #6
Yal
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '03 Z4 2.5 Maldives Blue

Quote:
Thanks! Nothing too serious, just the dissapointment of not getting the promotion I've aspired to for the past 7 years. Looks like I've found principle in Peter at 48 years old and just need to accept it
You're probably too good at your job and they don't think anyone could replace you. That, and they don't want to take someone really proficient and put them in a place where you'll be less proficient at your job.

I was told that i'll never make management (next step up) because I keep doing my job better than my predecessor and they don't want that to stop.
      06-06-2007, 09:36 AM   #7
takedown8
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2005 BMW Z4 3.0i

Sorry to hear that Caddyshk. These Zed's are great at lifting the spirits. If the job market is strong, maybe consider switching companies for one that appreciates you?
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2007, 11:05 AM   #8
Ski
Hockey freak
United_States
Rep
Drives: Bimmer's

Quote:
Spirited drives are fun, makes your troubles disappear..and of course a few beers helps too..

My Jet Black's
'03 3.0i Z4 Loaded
'02 325Ci Loaded
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2007, 11:05 AM   #9
Caddyshk
M = Midlife Crisis
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by takedown8 View Post
Sorry to hear that Caddyshk. These Zed's are great at lifting the spirits. If the job market is strong, maybe consider switching companies for one that appreciates you?
Tough to leave after 22.5 years - I'm doing OK ($$$) and I like my job (Automotive Parts & Tires Logistics Manager for that large Canadian Retailer), however, I always believed I could make it to the next level - 5 years of University down the drain
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2007, 11:11 AM   #10
zednik
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2006 Z4 3.0i

Some wise soul once said "living well is the best revenge".

Last night I got an e-mail from an annoying customer who was whining at me about some FINGERPRINTS I supposedly left on his expensive guitar.......He had to wipe them off and said he was contemplating a lawsuit...........he doesn't have a Z4.....but I do and I'll be driving it with the top down on a glorious sunny morning. He has to wake up and be himself....poor devil.:b urnrubbe:b urnrubbe
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2007, 12:15 PM   #11
inTgr8r
Lieutenant General
Canada
Rep
Drives: M2 Comp

Fingerprints???
Lawsuit???

LOL what next.
'07 Z4 M Coupe Alpine White (sold)
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2007, 12:41 PM   #12
Bluesharp
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2007 Z4 Roadster, Montego Blue

Quote:
I'm sorry to hear about your dissappointment, but man o man, you got that right about the Z making you feel better. I call it "top down therapy", but with your M Coupe, it might be more along the lines of g-force therapy.

The truth is, my whole reason for buying Bluesie was to console myself after a particularly trying personal tragedy. . . .And I must say, it WORKS!!! This car has brought me more happiness than anything has in recent years, and I count it as one of the best decisions I've ever made. Nothing... and I mean NOTHING. . . is more important than enjoyment in life.
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2007, 02:41 PM   #13
fire-n-ice
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2003 Z4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluesharp View Post
The truth is, my whole reason for buying Bluesie was to console myself after a particularly trying personal tragedy. . . .And I must say, it WORKS!!! This car has brought me more happiness than anything has in recent years, and I count it as one of the best decisions I've ever made. Nothing... and I mean NOTHING. . . is more important than enjoyment in life. :thumbsup:
I couldn't agree more my dear . My Z has put many a smile on my face in gloomy times.
Caddyshk: Here's to you hon
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2007, 03:36 PM   #14
Dammmittt
My favorite sign.
South Korea
Rep
Drives: 2007 M Coupe

There's nothing like pushing a car to it's limits to put a smile on a man's face. Well...almost nothing

07 ///M Coupe (Premium Package) Black Saphire Ext. Imola Red Int.

Best Website EVER!
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2007, 04:13 PM   #15
takedown8
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2005 BMW Z4 3.0i

Caddyshk, you said in another thread that you've gotten a lot of guff at work about your Zed. You think that could've contributed at all to your not getting promoted? I know it sounds ridiculous, but just wondering.
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2007, 04:16 PM   #16
Caddyshk
M = Midlife Crisis
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by takedown8 View Post
Caddyshk, you said in another thread that you've gotten a lot of guff at work about your Zed. You think that could've contributed at all to your not getting promoted? I know it sounds ridiculous, but just wondering.
Its been said I'm not hungry enough
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2007, 04:18 PM   #17
fire-n-ice
Lieutenant
Rep

Awww Caddyshk...I"ll feed you. I LOVE to cook. You like venison and home-grown veggies and fruits?
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2007, 04:37 PM   #18
155MPH
Major
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by fire-n-ice View Post
Awww Caddyshk...I"ll feed you. I LOVE to cook. You like venison and home-grown veggies and fruits?
Me, Me, I like venison!
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2007, 04:53 PM   #19
enfield
Civilian
Canada
Rep
Drives: Jaguar F-Type V8 S

Sorry to hear that Caddy. I think you are a great guy and deserve the best. Hang on! Wait a tick. You have the best.... A great wife who 'allowed' you to have a Z4M and your great brain that made you get the Z4M Coupe.
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2007, 05:27 PM   #20
Bluesharp
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2007 Z4 Roadster, Montego Blue

Quote:
"Hungry enough?" HUNGRY ENOUGH???!!! Man, that sort of thing pisses me off.

It translates into "not willing to sacrifice your whole being to make me money." Fuck that. (sorry for the language.)

Life is about balance, and "hungry enough" is a code for "totally scewed values". Personally, I'm all for success in career, but I'm of the camp that believes in a reverse peter principle... that you should rize to your highest level of personal satisfaction. Ambition for ambition's sake is the male equivalent of the perfect model's body for women... a scam our society plays on us by messing with out self image. A man's value has a helluva lot more to do with integrity and perspective than it does on how fricking "hungry" he is. Grrrr.
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2007, 05:30 PM   #21
fire-n-ice
Lieutenant
Rep

Bluesharp: I could NOT agree more! And you don't have a thing to apologize for. We're all adults here and reality is reality. You're dead on.
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2007, 05:33 PM   #22
ward
Major General
Rep
Drives: F

Quote:
I was hungry today so I took my Z4 out to get a burrito, and some idiot in an Acura RDX ran a stop sign and almost crashed into me (he was in a hurry to make a yellow light)

my hunger almost got my little car smashed up today!
Appreciate 0