E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > ConnectedDrive / I-Drive / Navigation Related Discussion > Assistance Screens

06-06-2007, 06:48 PM   #1
UKFSR
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 318i M Sport

Assistance Screens

My iDrive screen is split into 2 parts. One being 2/3rds and the other part obviously 1/3rd. I have my Sat Nav on the 1/3rd side of the screen but the dealer quickly showed me how to change the Nav to the other side.

I have hunted high and low but cannot find out how to swich the different functions to the different sides of the display.

Can anyone help
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2007, 07:26 PM   #2
FrankoQ
Deny everything
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 330i; 2015 X6, S1000RR

Garage List
2015 BMW X6  [0.00]
2006 330i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by UKFSR View Post
My iDrive screen is split into 2 parts. One being 2/3rds and the other part obviously 1/3rd. I have my Sat Nav on the 1/3rd side of the screen but the dealer quickly showed me how to change the Nav to the other side.

I have hunted high and low but cannot find out how to swich the different functions to the different sides of the display.

Can anyone help
Move the idrive knob to the right. This will select the small screen.
Then press on the idrive knob and you will get a menu of what you can see
on that small screen.
Move the idrive knob to the left. This will put the focus on the bigger screen.
press the idrive knob or select menu button to get to the menus and decide what you want on that screen.

I need a drink

Appreciate 0
      06-07-2007, 10:28 AM   #3
UKFSR
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 318i M Sport

Mmm, tried that with no success. If I press the idrive whist in nav on the small screen, the menu just gives me the options to select the view of the nav along with journey information. It does not give me any option to move its position to the larger part of the screen.
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2007, 11:17 PM   #4
continentalg5
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by UKFSR View Post
Mmm, tried that with no success. If I press the idrive whist in nav on the small screen, the menu just gives me the options to select the view of the nav along with journey information. It does not give me any option to move its position to the larger part of the screen.
That is correct, the iDrive gives you an option to change the map type but a few other features as well like trip computer, onboard info, arrow display, current position, and a few more I believe. BUT you cannot for example (as far as I know) move the "current position" window to the bigger section of the screen and cannot have the audio window on the smaller section of the screen while the bigger section is something else. I hope that made sense If it doesn't I'll try to explain it better.
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2007, 06:21 AM   #5
japac1
Major
Rep
Drives: 2015 M4

Garage List
2007 335xi  [0.00]
Let me see if I understand you: You want to view the map on the larger screen? And right now you have the map displayed on the right, smaller screen (called the Assistance Window)? Just push Menu to get to the main screen on the larger, main window. Move to the right for Navigation, and use the idrive knob to work down to either Map facing north, Map direction of travel, or map perspective. The map in the assistance window will remain there until you select that window as discussed above in earlier post. Alternatively, using voice command, you can say "assistance window (then fill in what you want, ie, "map facing north", "current position" "off"".
      10-18-2007, 06:54 PM   #6
Hallucin8n
Hallucin8n
Australia
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i

How do i get rid of the split screeen ?
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2007, 07:50 PM   #7
continentalg5
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW

You can't, all you can do is make the assistance window blank.
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2007, 10:20 AM   #8
BBDDVV
Enlisted Member
Belgium
Rep
Drives: G31 530e

an other possibility is that the dealer first switched the assistent window the something else than a map view and then used the i-drive knob short cut to go from any large screen that is not the nav screen (e.g entertainment, heating or phone) to the nav screen. Simply hold the the I-drive nob to the right side for more than 2s.
This might have given you the idea that he switched, where it wasn't actually switching by quickly getting the nav screen in the main view.

This short cut works for all 4 directions; simply switch between the current main screen and the last main screen of one of the other 3 areas by holding the I-drive knob in the direction of the area (up = phone, right = nav, down = radio and left = heating).

Hope this helps...
Appreciate 0