E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > New & Preowned BMW Ordering / Pricing / Tracking Information Forum (including European Delivery) > I Didn't Know This re military sales

06-08-2007, 01:51 AM   #1
THE JEDI
Major
Rep
Drives: 2005 Z4 2.5i

I Didn't Know This re military sales

Well I just found out that if your in the Military that you can only purchase a car from the BMW Military Sales dealer in that country that your in...wow....now I know why my buddy who sells makes such a killing could you imagine being a Dealer and they say all these people are your, ahahahahhahahahaha...damn sign me up for a Franchise.
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2007, 02:26 PM   #2
smellthebeans
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: LPCs

Garage List
1990 325i  [0.00]
?
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2007, 03:03 PM   #3
Bram335
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 335 AW

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE JEDI View Post
Well I just found out that if your in the Military that you can only purchase a car from the BMW Military Sales dealer in that country that your in...wow....now I know why my buddy who sells makes such a killing could you imagine being a Dealer and they say all these people are your, ahahahahhahahahaha...damn sign me up for a Franchise.
I lost you close to the end buddy.
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2007, 03:22 PM   #4
Revlis
Now With 33% MORE Sarcasm Free!
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4 i3 X3

Uh...
Attached Images

06-08-2007, 03:24 PM   #5
canucklion
pull my finger to get your kinderฎ surprise
Canada
Rep
Drives: circles around you

Jedi, you have made some strange posts in the past, but this one takes the cake
      06-08-2007, 03:55 PM   #6
Autobot
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 15 F22 M235 6MT

Not neccesarily true. If one is outside of the U.S. whether it be for TAD, TDY, or a deployment of any kind for more than 30 days a military member can qualify to buy one. Just go to the Pentagon Auto Sales or the others websites and see. Otherwise how would people like me in the Navy buy one when all we do is float out in the middle of the ocean? Thats how I got mine.
      06-08-2007, 04:02 PM   #7
am_ver
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: Audi A6

smoking... and not sharing it

2008 e93 335i, 6sp MT, Montego Blue, Saddle, Burl, ZSP, Bluetooth, iDrive, PDC, V1+CD
2007 e92 335i coupe, 6sp MT, Montego, Beige, ZPP, iDrive, PDC
2006 e90 325i, ZPP, iDrive, Arctic, Xenon
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2007, 04:03 PM   #8
canucklion
Canada
Rep

I don't think he's talking about buyer qualification, I think he's saying that military personnels within a certain locale can only buy from the 1 dealership that does military sales, I think that's what he's trying to say
Quote:
Originally Posted by Autobot View Post
Not neccesarily true. If one is outside of the U.S. whether it be for TAD, TDY, or a deployment of any kind for more than 30 days a military member can qualify to buy one. Just go to the Pentagon Auto Sales or the others websites and see. Otherwise how would people like me in the Navy buy one when all we do is float out in the middle of the ocean? Thats how I got mine.
      06-08-2007, 04:12 PM   #9
Autobot
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 15 F22 M235 6MT

Then in that respect he is correct, only through that one dealer. If you try to go to a regular dealer with the price printout or anything they will just look at you funny. They are not authorized to get anywhere near those prices which usually are anywhere from 3-7K below MSRP depending upon the type of car.
      06-08-2007, 04:16 PM   #10
achien
AC
Canada
Rep
Drives: E90 Post Members Crazy

Quote:
that's what I call a Monopoly...
      06-08-2007, 04:20 PM   #11
canucklion
Canada
Rep

not really though, they're getting the car, as autobot pointed out, anywhere from 3-7k below MSRP

monopoly is when you have to buy from 1 dealership with the SET price. No other choices. If you want to buy it, you have to buy it from that ONE dealership.

In this case, you can choose not to buy it from the military sales dealership, and buy it from a regular dealership, but why would you??? when you're getting 3k-7k discount!

so to conclude, I still don't know the point of this thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by achien View Post
that's what I call a Monopoly...
      06-08-2007, 04:25 PM   #12
Deebest
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 11' 535I X Drive

For 7k below MSRP I wouldn't mind being monopolized at all...

Got mine for 4k below MSRP fully loaded :rocks:
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2007, 04:39 PM   #13
achien
AC
Canada
Rep
Drives: E90 Post Members Crazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by canucklion View Post
not really though, they're getting the car, as autobot pointed out, anywhere from 3-7k below MSRP

monopoly is when you have to buy from 1 dealership with the SET price. No other choices. If you want to buy it, you have to buy it from that ONE dealership.

In this case, you can choose not to buy it from the military sales dealership, and buy it from a regular dealership, but why would you??? when you're getting 3k-7k discount!

so to conclude, I still don't know the point of this thread
Actually, you are right, monopoly is not exactly correct, may be "single source" is more appropriate.

The OP states he/she can buy from one (1) preferred dealership, with a pre-negotiated agreement with the military, in that particular country. A lot of companies have this "single source" vendor in place when purchasing supplies.
      06-08-2007, 05:06 PM   #14
canucklion
Canada
Rep

I rather have that over a regular dealership any day of the week
Quote:
Originally Posted by achien View Post
Actually, you are right, monopoly is not exactly correct, may be "single source" is more appropriate.

The OP states he/she can buy from one (1) preferred dealership, with a pre-negotiated agreement with the military, in that particular country. A lot of companies have this "single source" vendor in place when purchasing supplies.
      06-08-2007, 05:29 PM   #15
Revlis
Now With 33% MORE Sarcasm Free!
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4 i3 X3

Contractors working overseas also have this opportunity. I've got my Bro in Kuwait right now and he's eye balling a couple of M3s. The Thinking is buy two, sell one in the states make $10-15k on the sale of the one.
We'll see. I told him if he ships me an M3 he's never going to see it again...
      06-08-2007, 07:37 PM   #16
THE JEDI
Major
Rep

Quote:
I'm sorry if I have confused anybody..but BMW has it Military Sales dealers, so to protect them and not have them fighting over customers....they have a territory agreement..meaning you can only sell to Military folks that are in your area...and I was like damn....because in Japan....there are ton's of customers and they all belong to the dealer here....same for germany and or other places.....so i was saying if I was a dealer in the U.S. could you imagine if BMW only had 1 dealer for each of the 50 states...damn.....just think if only 1 guy could sell cars to the residents of CA..or Ny....... do you kow what kind of money he would make......my buddy works for BMW in Japan no wonder his house is so damn big...thats all I was saying I'm sorry for being...me
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2007, 07:42 PM   #17
THE JEDI
Major
Rep

Hey could ya teach me how to catch lighting in the bottle....please
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2007, 07:43 PM   #18
canucklion
Canada
Rep

but the thing is they sell to the military folks at a discounted rate though, as seen by the relatively huge discount, so it's not like they make massive money out of it, or is there something else I'm missing?

btw, bro, I kid a lot, glad you took no offense to it
Quote:
I'm sorry if I have confused anybody..but BMW has it Military Sales dealers, so to protect them and not have them fighting over customers....they have a territory agreement..meaning you can only sell to Military folks that are in your area...and I was like damn....because in Japan....there are ton's of customers and they all belong to the dealer here....same for germany and or other places.....so i was saying if I was a dealer in the U.S. could you imagine if BMW only had 1 dealer for each of the 50 states...damn.....just think if only 1 guy could sell cars to the residents of CA..or Ny....... do you kow what kind of money he would make......my buddy works for BMW in Japan no wonder his house is so damn big...thats all I was saying I'm sorry for being...me
      06-08-2007, 07:45 PM   #19
RANJHA
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW E90

Quote:
lmao
      06-08-2007, 09:31 PM   #20
THE JEDI
Major
Rep

Well the dealer seem to do well...and I'm sure BMW makes money because of the volume of sales......Pentagon sells well, so does Superior Motors, and hell the guys in Japan do pretty good...damn show room looks like a revolving door, hahhaha, and no offense taken man..I'm strange....what can I say
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2007, 09:32 PM   #21
ChadE
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 328i

Im so confused
"When you are passionate, you always have your destination in sight and you are not distracted by obstacles. Because you love what you are pursuing, things like rejection and setbacks will not hinder you in your pursuit. You believe that nothing can stop you!" - Coach K

Appreciate 0
      06-09-2007, 01:30 AM   #22
SoYank
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 E90 335i MT

Garage List
Quote:
It might have made a bit more sense if he'd used proper contractions.
Quaife ATB LSD • Short Shift Knob • Hartge Anti-Roll Bars • AP Racing Front Brakes • 19" Style 269
Appreciate 0