E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - NY / NJ / CT / PA > Got a speeding ticket earlier today.....

06-08-2007, 02:13 AM   #1
E90BST
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 335i 6MT & CBR600RR

Got a speeding ticket earlier today.....

So tonight I went out for a cruise since I dont have work tomorrow (gotta love summer fridays). I'm driving on the LIE West with barely any cars on the highway, so I stepped on the gas and was at about 80-85 mph when out of nowhere this nassau highway patrol flashes and pulls me over (right before Exit 33). So he gave me a speeding ticket but he purposedly didn't put down how fast I was going so on the ticket he wrote "Not Reasonable Speed". Before this ticket, I hadn't gotten a ticket for the past 7 years. So the officer said thats pretty much a slap on the wrist. My 2 other speeding tickets in my lifetime all had a exact mph number on the ticket. This is the first time I've gotten a ticket that says "not reasonable speed". I checked the dmv site and it's 3 points for "MPH over speed limit not indicated".

Has anyone received a ticket for "not reasonable speed" in nassau county??? Should I go and plead not guilty and hopefully they'll drop it down to a lesser charge and points or just go and plead guilty?? Or maybe get a lawyer?? (Any recommendations). I would hate to have my insurance go up b/c of this. It says on the nassau county site that it requires a court appearance.... help me out fellas!! Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2007, 06:37 AM   #2
OEKlM
Lieutenant General
Philippines
Rep
Drives: N/A

Garage List
plea not guilty.... itll more than likely get dropped to a no points ticket .... considering that you havent gotten a ticket in so long, they'll probably let it slide..unless the judge is an ass =)
      06-08-2007, 08:53 AM   #3
itsbrokeagain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1999 528iT, E53 X5, E46 325xi

I had a n00b NYPD officer try to give me a reckless driving ticket..and I hadn't gotten a moving violation ticket in probably 6 years. Pled not guilty through the mail with a letter stating my reasons why (couldn't even read his freakin handwriting on the ticket and he put my plate down wrong).

They made me go to court anyways. They gave me a lawyer (since reckless driving is a misdemeanor..and I wasn't even driving like that...some old lady panic braked right in front of me and I jumped out of the way to avoid plowing her bumper). And the lawyer got it knocked down to disorderly conduct (no points) and $200 fine. I gladly paid the fine and got the heck out of there.
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2007, 09:07 AM   #4
LI E90
Colonel
Rep
Drives: E90

Quote:
Originally Posted by E90BST View Post
So tonight I went out for a cruise since I dont have work tomorrow (gotta love summer fridays). I'm driving on the LIE West with barely any cars on the highway, so I stepped on the gas and was at about 80-85 mph when out of nowhere this nassau highway patrol flashes and pulls me over (right before Exit 33). So he gave me a speeding ticket but he purposedly didn't put down how fast I was going so on the ticket he wrote "Not Reasonable Speed". Before this ticket, I hadn't gotten a ticket for the past 7 years. So the officer said thats pretty much a slap on the wrist. My 2 other speeding tickets in my lifetime all had a exact mph number on the ticket. This is the first time I've gotten a ticket that says "not reasonable speed". I checked the dmv site and it's 3 points for "MPH over speed limit not indicated".

Has anyone received a ticket for "not reasonable speed" in nassau county??? Should I go and plead not guilty and hopefully they'll drop it down to a lesser charge and points or just go and plead guilty?? Or maybe get a lawyer?? (Any recommendations). I would hate to have my insurance go up b/c of this. It says on the nassau county site that it requires a court appearance.... help me out fellas!! Thanks.

take the day off go to court in Mineola, please not guilty, they will give you a lawyer, tell her/him it has been 7 years since your last moving violation, it will get knocked down, all they want is your money, they really don't care about the points on your license or insurance.......... good luck
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2007, 10:25 AM   #5
d3l0n
I love the ///M3, but I want 550hp ///M5
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW330iE90

Garage List
i received a ticket on LIE or Northern state where the office had no radar detector on him! He just tail gated me He put 101 on the ticket.. but i never got a ticket from them.. it was diffference from NYC traffic...

speaking of which.. a ticket from Nassau is a ny state ticket or nyc ticket? does it make a difference?
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2007, 11:40 AM   #6
trick50
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 335i Space Gray

Quote:
Originally Posted by E90BST View Post

Get a lawyer and that ticket will be knocked down to an equipment failure. (like a brake light out or something) with no points. I got a 92 in a 55 ticket some time ago on the LIE. Also got an 88 in a 55 and a 70 something in a 55 also a 64 in a 55 my lawyer had them all reduced to equipment failures (all of the tickets were across a few years) I have been good now...and haven't had a ticket in almost 2 years.

My lawyer in nassau is absolutly money...And with equip violation tickets your insurance rates do not go up.

If you want his number let me know. He only does nassau because has all of his connections in Nassau as he is a retired Nassau Police Leutenant.
07 E92 335i,Sport,I-drive,Cold Weather,Bluetooth,Beyern Mesh 19",M-Pedals,Rear Fogs,Gp Thunder,Carbon Roundels,Coming Soon JB2,Vorsteiner Decklid,OEM Aero LipRIP9/8/06-12/11/07 Gone but never forgotten
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2007, 03:07 AM   #7
Simple1
Major
No_Country
Rep
Drives: G05 X5 40i M Sport

send me that number trick50, I just got a ticket tonight 79 in a 50 on the belt parkway!!! going home from my girl friends

PS I think it's time for her to move in, all this getting a ticket shit aint cool at all, lol

F80 M3 Euro Delivered = Gone too Soon

e90 335i debadged = Gone but not forgotten
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2007, 03:14 AM   #8
Neema
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: a few BMWs

God damn those speeding tickets......I've gotten 5. Though since V1 I have most deff. been saved a few times no doubt. No its time to step it up and get a Blinder Xtreme kit, or a Laser Interceptor kit....
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2007, 06:00 AM   #9
nyc3r
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90

I stay within speed limit or with traffic.. but there are tons of ppl driving crazy on the BQE and LIE.. last time I saw some old guy speeding in his hyndai suv and almost ran into the car in front of him (his breaks were screaming)... then I got behind me and tailgated me... so I taped took off on him... can't stand tailgaters... I'll take that number too just in case..
Appreciate 0