BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

03-13-2012, 09:42 AM   #1
momo style
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 1m

Mid pipes + Akra slip on system

Hi

The mechanics are currently installing on my car the slip on + arka downpipes + the agency power midpipe.

The end section of the midpipe is reducing from 3 to 2.5 inches if Im not wrong to connect to the Akra slip on.

My question is: did anyone trimmed and welded the stainless steel end section of their midpipe ( either berk - agency power - oem - N55 - maddad ) to make a better opening for the flow to keep the 3 inches opening and connecting directly to the slip on?
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2012, 12:03 AM   #2
HP Autosport
Supreme Allied Commander
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3
Location: Santa Barbara, AP, Brembo, GIAC, Koni, Ohlins, Performance Friction, www.hpautosport.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by momo style View Post
Hi

The mechanics are currently installing on my car the slip on + arka downpipes + the agency power midpipe.

The end section of the midpipe is reducing from 3 to 2.5 inches if Im not wrong to connect to the Akra slip on.

My question is: did anyone trimmed and welded the stainless steel end section of their midpipe ( either berk - agency power - oem - N55 - maddad ) to make a better opening for the flow to keep the 3 inches opening and connecting directly to the slip on?
That is not where the majority of the restriction is after the DPs, your mid section is where the power is hidden, then the rear muffler.
Appreciate 0