E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications (exterior/interior) > Car Colour options need opinions!

03-15-2012, 03:03 AM   #1
willbowe
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: e92 m3 e90 335 e46 m3

Car Colour options need opinions!

So i recently traded in my 325 for a 335 but I'm getting tired of the same boring black,So I've come up with a few options I'm looking into tell me which one you think would look best.

1.matte black with gloss carbon finer trim/add ons

2.matte blue with gloss carbon fiber

3.matte blue with black matte trim and gloss carbon finer lip/hood/trunk/mirrors roof?

also open to other ideas
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2012, 07:44 AM   #2
rollinstone157
Brotographer
United_States
Rep
Drives: F30 335xi

In my opinion, mixing and matching gloss and matte finishes on cars looks really stupid and unfinished (matte wheels and window trim on a gloss car notwithstanding), and entirely unpainted large CF parts (excluding the roof a la m3 and m6) look cheesy on anything less than a dedicated track/race car. If you want to do matte blue, I would go for matte silver/gunmetal dry CF parts (don't skimp and go Di-Noc, it looks really fake over large areas due to slight waves in the pattern) and silver/gunmetal wheels. Expensive? Yes. But will it look absolutely killer? You bet!
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2012, 02:39 AM   #3
willbowe
Private
Canada
Rep

yea i agree with you completely my only issue is i already have the gloss carbon fiber parts so id feel kinda retarded wrapping them ya know? maybe gloss blue/gloss carbon/ but just the trim i gotta figure out.....matte grills/window pillars etc should they go gloss to? aahhhhh the choices need help shah

Last edited by willbowe; 03-20-2012 at 01:07 AM..
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2012, 02:54 AM   #4
willbowe
Private
Canada
Rep

update i was thinking of doing this let me know what you guys think

Body-matte blue

Lip-gloss carbon

Hood-gloss carbon

Trunk-gloss carbon (csl style)

Mirrors-gloss carbon

Pillars-gloss carbon

Shark fin-gloss carbon

Emblems-carbon

rims vmr 710s matte black

I'm open to keeping the pillars matte and the shark fin blue also maybe switch he grills to gloss carbon swell ahhhh the choices -__-
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2012, 10:43 AM   #5
rollinstone157
Brotographer
United_States
Rep
Drives: F30 335xi

What would you do the roof? If you're going to do the carbon look everywhere, and a carbon shark fin, then you have to do a carbon roof. Matte fin, matte roof; or carbon fin, carbon roof. And if you're going to get the carbon trunk, paint/wrap it. I think the look of completely unpainted large body parts in carbon (excluding the roof) looks cheese. And if you do the hood and trunk, but not the roof, that will look even more strange...If you really are heart-set on carbon, do it right you know?
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2012, 01:20 PM   #6
dwells
ಠ_ಠ
United_States
Rep
Drives: Monaco Blue 335i coupe

I think matte and gloss can work together if done right. I'm wrapping my car in matte/satin Space Grey, but doing the roof, grilles, and window trim in gloss black. Maybe the mirrors too. Wheels are likely going to be BBS LM with polished lip and diamond black center.
      03-28-2012, 01:25 PM   #7
willbowe
Private
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by rollinstone157 View Post
What would you do the roof? If you're going to do the carbon look everywhere, and a carbon shark fin, then you have to do a carbon roof. Matte fin, matte roof; or carbon fin, carbon roof. And if you're going to get the carbon trunk, paint/wrap it. I think the look of completely unpainted large body parts in carbon (excluding the roof) looks cheese. And if you do the hood and trunk, but not the roof, that will look even more strange...If you really are heart-set on carbon, do it right you know?
good call i was up all night trying to visualize it and ya ill probs wrap the trunk as well and the fin and just leave my hood carbon if anything
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2012, 01:26 PM   #8
willbowe
Private
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwells View Post
I think matte and gloss can work together if done right. I'm wrapping my car in matte/satin Space Grey, but doing the roof, grilles, and window trim in gloss black. Maybe the mirrors too. Wheels are likely going to be BBS LM with polished lip and diamond black center.
nice! send me some pics once your done i really wanna see and matte/gloss combo
Appreciate 0