E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > where to complain??

06-11-2007, 03:47 PM   #1
viva
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: E90

where to complain??

ok guys i need to contact bmw canada to complain some big concern about my car...but seems like the customer service ppl wont give it to me...:mad:

i need to e-mail the leter to the sales manager of bmw canada perhaps? but anyway i can find that out??

any help would be strongly appericate

Thank you

Andy
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2007, 03:56 PM   #2
E90Fleet
Lieutenant General
South Africa
Rep
Drives: BMW

Whats the problem ?
      06-11-2007, 04:06 PM   #3
viva
Enlisted Member
Rep

here is the story....

Enjoy

To Whom may concern:

To further my serious concern, this is the final letter that I would discuss to whom that is actually responsible for my serious frustration and concerns.

On 14/2/2007, I visited BMW Town & Country to place an order for the 335xi sedan from Stephen Lau, one of the sales representative there. His service is excellent, explain every detail, walk through all the policies with me and I appericate his great work.

On 3/5/2007, I visited Town & Country again to pick up my car, everything went well until 3 weeks later, the car starting to have some strange activities.

On 29/5/2007 night, after a drink with my brother in the park, when I press the start/stop button as usual to start the engine, the engine seems to struggle a little bit (around 2 seconds) before it starts off, but since it's only 2 seconds, I wasnt aware it would be a problem...so I took off and drive the car home.

On 30/5/2007, I got up around noon and planning to have lunch with my friends since that was my weeky day off. Same thing happens when I tries to start the engine, it lags for about 2 sec, and this time I was aware...so I call Stephen Lau and told him what was happening, and he said that perhaps I didnt close the cover porperly. After I check it, the car seems fine again so I took off and went to lunch with my friends. Because the car didnt lag or anything after lunch (it starts normally) so me and my friends decided to go shopping. When we almost arrive to the shopping mall, the engine lights comes on on my dash. So I have to call Stephen Lau again...but at that time he's with another customer, so I decided to call him later. 4 hours later, we finished shopping, and head back to the car, this time when I press the start/stop button, the engine lags for 3-4 seconds, and even after it starts, the rpm meter (whatever you call it) went up and down, and all my friends can actually feels the engine is shaking, struggling...VERY SCARY...so we decided to head back to Town & Country for an answer. While we are on the way (Normally 30 mins drive), the engine lights comes on again, and I personally can actually feels that the car is losing power. Finally, after around an hour drive (because of the heavy traffic, we have to drive very slow), we arrived to the dealer safe. Stephen Lau greets me with a friendly smile and nicely direct me to the service department. The person who serve us (I believe his name is Keith) told me right the way is the "fuel pumper" problem...which makes me assume that this is a KNOWN issue from factory defect since I ONLY told him the car cannot starts porperly. He also told me that it wasnt a BIG problem but for safety, he did offer me to arrange a time to drop off the car to let them check it. So I end up arrange the next morning to drop off the car and also arrange a loaner. The same night, my car starts off very scary again in the parking, at one point I really think that my car is dying...it also makes me cannot fall asleep that night because I'm VERY concern about my car...something that shouldnt have happened for such a high-end, high-performance, high-rating car...

The next morning, 31/5/2007, I spend 1 whole min to start my car in my parking, and I drove it to the dealer right the way. I told the service department that my car totally not drivable now, and request a immediate check up, they only told me that as soon as they have time they will look at my car, and I end up picking up a mini cooper as loaner...
Everything went well until the next morning, 1/6/2007, while me and my girlfriend are in the mini cooper inside my parking, getting ready to go to work as usual...the mini couldn't starts!!! What in God sake could that happen??? I've spend 5 mins on JUST pressing the start/stop button and check every possible thing that could have make the car won't start and Useless...IT JUST WONT START...SO, me and my girlfriend both have to walk to work...and we end up around 20 mins late to work...both of our boss get mad with us, none of you could ever imagine how embrassing and frustrating when we have to walk all the way to work...I called Town & Country with my complain about the loaner, they promise me that they will arrange another loaner for me...and they end up giving me a 328i as a loaner...and I told them that I will keep my rights for any complains and what-so-ever.

So, on 4/6/2007, I called to the customer service from one of the BMW web sites, and a guy's name Steve pick up the phone. As soon as he pick up the phone, I begins to let him know my concerns and see/hope he will direct me to the right person, but he told me that the problem "seems" to be solved because he saw that Town & Country had offer me a loaner car to use...and he also end up telling me that he will "for sure" check with the Town & Country people, and "definitely" see what is the status of my car...

BUT, on 7/6/2007, I called up to the customer service and tries to look for Steve to see whether he had gather the information that he promised, but the agent tells me Steve is off and that he could see a note in my file there but he needs to call me back for further information.
Today is 11/6/2007, and yet there's nothing, and I mean NOTHING from BMW until now...and that's even more frustrating when the customer service agent told me that the actual parts that they need for my car is now back order...

Up to this point now I still havent receive any call from BMW Canada yet, I dont think I deserve to drive a 328i loaner when I'm paying for a 335xi, as well as such a horrible experience with both customer service and the service department from BMW Canada. My parents were very upset as well, because including my car, we had already got 6 car (two X5 and four 3 series between 1997 until now) from Town & Country, we dont believe that we should be treat in this way...

I DO NOT think I should pay this month's lease since I only actually OWN my car for 3 weeks. And DO NOT tell me again that the problem is being solved when they already offer me a loaner car to use because that is not what I want. That's totally BMW Canada's responsibility to fix this problem and will also compensate all my lost due to this incident.

In summary, through this incident I found TCBMW lacking in common business courtesy in business communications, unmotivated to maintain customer satisfaction, and demonstrating a very low regard for their customers as nothing less than hapless victims to be fleeced and manipulated. I also found a lack of transparency and honesty in the way TCBMW (or BMW Canada at large) handled this incident as they were far too eager to exploit their customers for short term gains, and had no intention of retaining their long-term loyalty. Given the highly competitive luxury car market, I cannot help but to wonder how BMW hopes to increase market share against stiff competitors that place customer satisfaction above all else?

I will provide a copy of this letter to BMW Canada and BMW International. Also, I will not hesitate to share my experience in any online forum, printed media, medium of any form, and any consumer review/alert.
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2007, 04:22 PM   #4
PMP
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2006 330i Sedan

That day with your friends, when you went out because it was your day off, before you went shopping, what did you eat? Also, what were your friends wearing? These might be a important details ... maybe even the one detail you left out of your very comprehensive letter that will solve the mystery.

Just busing your balls. So, essentially, what you are upset about is that your car needs a new fuel pump an while it is in the shop you are driving a 328i instead of a 335ix? And, you feel as if the dealership is not keeping you informed on the progress of the repair?

Maybe you should ask for some kind of restitution ... like maybe a free alignment when needed or maybe a credit to use in the shop. I can see your point about leasing a very expensive car and then actually driving a less expensive loaner for more than a month. Seems like a rip. At the very least, BMW should give you an extra month or take a month off the payments.
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2007, 04:23 PM   #5
Bimmer335i07
BK Employee of the month! / Moderator
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i Sedan

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
Seems like the typical BMW service that people have been getting lately about the fuel pump. I remember this one thread where the guy waited around 3 months for the part. But then again, BMWFS took off 3 months lease payments for him because he did not have his car. I hope that BMWFS will waive the payments on how many months it takes for you to get your car back.

GL!

Sponsored by: Pics of the ---> Barbera Beast <---
Martino Auto Concepts (Like them on Facebook MAC) Factory Trained & Authorized by BMW of North America

Matt@Camber-Toe (Like them on Facebook Camber-Toe)
LuxAngelEyes (Like them on Facebook LuxAngelEyes)
LTBMW (Like them on Facebook LTBMW)
OEMconcepts (Like them on Facebook OEMconcepts)
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2007, 04:25 PM   #6
Revlis
Now With 33% MORE Sarcasm Free!
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4 i3 X3

I would work on keeping the letter simple. Don't try to get creative or sound official. If you're not an attorney, you won't be able to get the legalese right and it reads poorly.

Spell check your letter as well. It's the little things that separate the customer that's just out of his tree and the customer who is taken seriously.

Keep your Cool. If sending this letter to BMW will make you feel better, then do so. But I doubt you'll get the results you are after. You need to take it up with the Manager at your BMW center.
      06-11-2007, 04:28 PM   #7
viva
Enlisted Member
Rep

i totally understand those, but all i need is where do i send this letter to? i cant find the email address
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2007, 04:32 PM   #8
canucklion
pull my finger to get your kinder® surprise
Canada
Rep
Drives: circles around you

agreed, a few tips.

1) spell and grammar check your letter. The letter is filled with spelling and grammatical errors. If English is not your first language, get someone else to proofread the letter. It was pretty hard trying to understand what you wrote in your letter.

2) No need to describe your day in your letter, keep it simple and stick to the bare minimum facts.

3) Keep your cool, don't threaten. Because let's face it, no one likes a threatening letter, the nicer you are, the easier it is to get things done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revlis View Post
I would work on keeping the letter simple. Don't try to get creative or sound official. If you're not an attorney, you won't be able to get the legalese right and it reads poorly.

Spell check your letter as well. It's the little things that separate the customer that's just out of his tree and the customer who is taken seriously.

Keep your Cool. If sending this letter to BMW will make you feel better, then do so. But I doubt you'll get the results you are after. You need to take it up with the Manager at your BMW center.
      06-11-2007, 04:33 PM   #9
canucklion
pull my finger to get your kinder® surprise
Canada
Rep
Drives: circles around you

don't email, find a physical address to mail the letter to.
Quote:
Originally Posted by viva View Post
i totally understand those, but all i need is where do i send this letter to? i cant find the email address
      06-11-2007, 04:38 PM   #10
Gort
Klaatu Barada Nikto
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2017 X3-35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by canucklion View Post
don't email, find a physical address to mail the letter to.
Yes and by registered post or courier so that you get a signed receipt.
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2007, 04:42 PM   #11
JSpira
Freude am Fahren
Austria
Rep
Drives: Fünfer, Dreier, +

Quote:
agreed, a few tips.

1) spell and grammar check your letter. The letter is filled with spelling and grammatical errors. If English is not your first language, get someone else to proofread the letter. It was pretty hard trying to understand what you wrote in your letter.

2) No need to describe your day in your letter, keep it simple and stick to the bare minimum facts.

3) Keep your cool, don't threaten. Because let's face it, no one likes a threatening letter, the nicer you are, the easier it is to get things done.
All good advice. Esp. the part about making sure it's written in something that resembles English. The recipient might otherwise toss it around the part that starts "me and my friends..."

Jonathan

E90 2006 330xi
E90 2006 325i
E39 2003 530i Sport*
E46 2000 328Ci*
E36 1996 328iS*
E36 1992 325i*
E30 1991 318is
E21 1982 320iS*
E21 1979 320 (6-Zyl)*
*retired

Nominated: Most Contributing Member
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2007, 04:47 PM   #12
PMP
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2006 330i Sedan

I wonder of something like this wouldn't get better results:

To Whom It May Concern:

I need your help in solving a very frustrating problem. My BMW 335xi sedan, which I purchased from Town & Country BMW on May 5, 2007, has been in the repair shop since May 31, 2007. The dealer told me that the problem is with a defective fuel pump. Since the car has been in the repair shop, I have been provided a BMW 328i to drive.

My problem is that the repair shop has been unable or unwilling to provide me with a reasonably firm date upon which I can pick up my repaired car. Also, although I am glad that I have a loaner car to drive, because I leased my car for a fixed term, for all intents an purposes I am driving a 328i for the price of a 335xi.

Although I am frustrated, I would be mollified if you were to assist me in communicating with my dealer and helping me find out when I will get my car. Further, I would like (something financial) to reimburse me for the loss of use of my more expensive (to lease) car during this repair.

Most Sincerely,

You
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2007, 04:50 PM   #13
elucas730
I'm just here for the turbo
Rep
Drives: 2004 STi, 2007 335i

You lost me on:

Quote:
Originally Posted by viva View Post
To further my serious concern, this is the final letter that I would discuss to whom that is actually responsible for my serious frustration and concerns.
      06-11-2007, 04:54 PM   #14
Revlis
Now With 33% MORE Sarcasm Free!
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4 i3 X3

Quote:
Originally Posted by PMP View Post
I wonder of something like this wouldn't get better results:

To Whom It May Concern:

I need your help in solving a very frustrating problem. My BMW 335xi sedan, which I purchased from Town & Country BMW on May 5, 2007, has been in the repair shop since May 31, 2007. The dealer told me that the problem is with a defective fuel pump. Since the car has been in the repair shop, I have been provided a BMW 328i to drive.

My problem is that the repair shop has been unable or unwilling to provide me with a reasonably firm date upon which I can pick up my repaired car. Also, although I am glad that I have a loaner car to drive, because I leased my car for a fixed term, for all intents an purposes I am driving a 328i for the price of a 335xi.

Although I am frustrated, I would be mollified if you were to assist me in communicating with my dealer and helping me find out when I will get my car. Further, I would like (something financial) to reimburse me for the loss of use of my more expensive (to lease) car during this repair.

Most Sincerely,

You
Viva, Seriously, Sign your name to this, send it via registered letter to your dealership, and wherever else you feel you need to.

Bound to get better results.

06-11-2007, 05:02 PM   #15
achien
AC
Canada
Rep
Drives: E90 Post Members Crazy

Address the letter to Arthur J. Madjarian, GM of T+C BMW, if you need further escalation, try writing to Lindsay Duffield, CEO of BMW Canada.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revlis View Post

Quote:
agreed, a few tips.

+1, Keep it simple, address what the problem is (fuel problem) and why you needed his help (get the fuel pump parts and have it re-installed). Skip the details on how you got there.

Be firm but professional in your letter.
      06-11-2007, 05:06 PM   #16
dmboone25
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2024 Golf R / 2022 718 Spyder

Garage List
2007 E92 328i  [10.00]
2007 328i  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gort View Post
Yes and by registered post or courier so that you get a signed receipt.
+1 this is always a good idea.