E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > ConnectedDrive / I-Drive / Navigation Related Discussion > no other dealership?

06-12-2007, 12:10 PM   #1
TahoeOG
Major
Rep
Drives: e92 335i

no other dealership?

Hey everyone quick question. Yesterday my manager asked if i could pick up another employee from Honda dealership in madison NJ. He asked if i knew how to get there. I said, "yeah.... I have navigatin . BUT to give me the address in case of anything i'll punch it in the nav"

So he gives me the address and once i get to my car i start using the categories. Ok so i search under car and travel, then shopping, etc.. I could not find any freaken dealership in the idrive. DAMN it, am i looking in the wrong place???

Then last night i went to circuit city with my girl to buy her Garmin Nuvi and that thing was just amazing. All i did was type the name and BOOM it found what i needed. Why The F@# can't the idrive be like this??? I mean i love my idrive, don't get me wrong it does what i need and more. BUT, when a competition of under 1000 is so much better, it would get anyone mad. Anyway she purchased it and was happy. So while i was driving i asked her to locate warnock lexus because it was 5 minutes from where we were, and she looked and looked and coun't come out.

Anyway in the end of looking thru the hassle, i punched in the address and got their in no time... I mean even though all i had to do is punch in the address, i would of like to find it by name.

It's like if my girl is at a dealership and askes to pick her up and the place is closed, i'd have to ask her to get someone to tell her what city, or street and number she is in?... That would suck. The only dealerships i was able to find was BMW dealerships.

Someone please clarify that the idrive does not offer other dealers address, or am i looking in the wrong place.
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2007, 12:26 PM   #2
continentalg5
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW

When you finally got there did the navi say the name of the dealership or just the street name it was on? Maybe BMW doesn't want you to look at any other cars except for their own!
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2007, 01:38 PM   #3
jrios_jr
First Bimmer
United_States
Rep
Drives: 3333555

yeah same here.. i can only find bmw dealerships nothing else.... and i have new navi sofware
      06-12-2007, 02:33 PM   #4
bartman32
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: F87 M2

Garage List
2017 M2  [0.00]
It's kind of funny. I work in Consumer Electronics distribution and the maker of iDrive NAV is coming out with their own external device. It will not only say street names but also show icons of Points of interest. IE: McDonalds gets the golden arches. Maybe they'll upgrade iDrive to that point some day?
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2007, 02:52 PM   #5
TahoeOG
Major
Rep
Drives: e92 335i

yeah that sucks. When i got to the dealership it just said the number and street i was in, and said, "... you have arrived".... That's it. So i can't even look up by dealerships... So if i have to go to another dealership, i have to go online get the address and then write it down and then punch it in my idrive.

I think that's whack.. anyway i really NEVER go to another dealership and don't find a need to, just wanted to know if i'm looking in the wrong places or not.
Appreciate 0