E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Off-Topic Discussions > America trip

04-02-2012, 02:45 AM   #1
dobbo99
Major
Rep
Drives: E39 530 oldskool

America trip

Im/we are off to the US for our honeymoon in September, and although its 5months away I still wanna get a few ideas in place now.

3 nights in New York, 4 nights in Vegas, 10 nights in LA (staying on venice beach)

Ive been NY a couple of times before, so I know whats what there, but the others Im not so sure about.

Any suggestions as to what we take in whilst there? Obviously there is all the well known touristy stuff, but I just thought there will be a few other ideas people will have.
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2012, 03:34 AM   #2
Chris100
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 320d M Sport Highline Coupe

TBH I would avoid LA, maybe do a couple of days there to see the sites but 10 days is way too much. If you want to chill out for 10 days I would advise heading to Hawaii.

As for Vegas, Pick a nice hotel (Venetian, Cosmo and Aria are my favorites) Grand Canyon helicopter trip is a must and see a few shows which there are plenty of.

While in Vegas I would also recommend hiring a Camaro for a day and driving out to death valley or one of the other national parks which takes your fancy.
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2012, 06:16 AM   #3
Giff
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E90

LA is a bit of a dump and its a lot nicer further north. I quite enjoyed making a Dodge Charger airbourne in San Francisco while pretending to be chased by a certain Mustang..
Vegas, hire a car, stay in motels and drive over to the Grand Canyon stopping at the Hoover Dam.
New York, hire a car, stay in motels out of the city and drive up to Niagra, the crossing in to Canada is amusing too.
I know it sounds like a driving holiday but stopping in the small towns on the way you get to meet a lot of interesting people and see the real America.
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2012, 12:58 PM   #4
Dannyrado
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: A big gold navara

Well i'm going to go against others here, i've been to LA twice, and i've booked this morning to head back, but this time we're driving down to San Diego.

I like LA, i love the weather, the gookiness of Santa Monica, some wonderful restaurants, six flags, lovely hotels, and laughing at all the weirdo's. But i guess i'm out numbered. Depends i suppose on what you want from a holiday, i can't stand the usual tourist crap, tbh, i like to go and find stuff.

There are some great car shows in LA, also a trip to 'in and out burger' to watch the planes at LAX is awesome, but only if you're a little obsessed with aircraft like me.

I've said it before on here, but virgin america are worth looking at for your internal flights they knock lumps out of the crap we have in europe. If it were me i'd get the cheapest NYC fare you could then do the rest on VA.