E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > My car got the hickup bug

06-15-2007, 07:47 AM   #1
txusa03
Major General
Rep
Drives: TS330iPPSP6MT

Unhappy My car got the hiccup bug

Yes, this is true. I came out to the garage this morning and I noticed that all my windows are down, all the doors are unlocked, and the sunroof is fully opened. I thought I was dreaming but then i remember other members on e90post who had the same problem with their car. The irony here is that I made a comment about how this might be a users error when a member had this happened to him a while back (Karma at its best). Funny how this ended up happening to me. It could have been worst had I parked outside at night.

Ok, I am wrong and that there is some kind of bug with our car. Here is the breakdown on why it is not a user error. The most important theory is that we cannot open/close our sunroof on a 06 e90 sedan (production date of March/April 05). The second point is it was really hot and super humid last night when I came home so there is no freaking way I was driving with all windows down and sunroof opened. Next, I had on these basketball shorts with no pockets so there is no chance I sat on my key (but that would only explain the windows down and not sunroof opened). Last thing is that no one could have messed with my keys since I was home alone and I set the house alarm so no one could have gone in or out of my house while I slept.

I will call my dealer to report this and see what they say. I am afraid there is no solution for this at the moment. I am going to spend some time reading other posts to see if other members got a fix from the dealer. Here are other posts with the same issue.

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showth...t=windows+roll

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7542

Last edited by txusa03; 06-15-2007 at 07:45 PM..
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2007, 08:29 AM   #2
btc
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 06/330i/SB/TERA/AL

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
Maybe holding a cell phone and key fob in the same hand while you are talking on the phone could cause interfering. I heard that Nissan have this problem.
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2007, 03:53 PM   #3
e90owner1
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 335i

maybe it was in ur pocket and u accidentally held unlock? or a phone pushed on it?

holding unlock will roll all windows, including sunroof down
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2007, 04:41 PM   #4
Revlis
Now With 33% MORE Sarcasm Free!
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4 i3 X3

Fob can and will open Sunroof... FWIW

Oh and Hiccup Bug??? Bah, that would be a fuel pump, not windows... At least that's what I was thinking reading your title.
      06-15-2007, 07:45 PM   #5
txusa03
Major General
Rep
Drives: TS330iPPSP6MT

Guys, I did not know that holding down the open button on the fob also open the sunroof. I did a test and yes the sunroof did open. I have no clue what happen then. Lets hope if I ever park out at night, the car behave it self cause I do not want to deal with water. I will talk to my SA later to see what he say (not expecting much). Thanks for reading.
      06-15-2007, 08:25 PM   #6
Couch
Colonel
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

Garage List
2007 E92 335i  [0.00]
The strange thing about this is that it seems it's only happened while people have been at home.

So either the fob is some how getting pressed unknowingly, or garage door transmitters are somehow interfering. Well just another hunch, but who knows.
Appreciate 0