E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Since when did BMW endorse them, or any one else for that matter??!!

06-18-2007, 02:38 AM   #1
Neema
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: a few BMWs

Since when did BMW endorse them, or any one else for that matter??!!

LTMW Widebody+1M front bumper+Slek CF Lip|M3 Hood|StopTech BBK|M-Sport Rear Bumper+DD CF Diffuser|Custom Recaro Seats|KW V2|BavX LS3|M3 Side Skirts+Custom CF Lip|BBS CHR 19x10.5+BBS Lugs|LCI Taillights|RD Sport Anti-Sway Bars|GIAC S2|ER Intercooler+CF Shroud+Charge Pipe|Tial BOV|Injen Intake|MS downpipes|Custom Exhaust|BMS Oil Catch Can|M3 DCT wheel+TiD CF Paddles|BMW CF Trunk Spoiler|Aluminum Pedals

Last edited by Neema; 04-01-2012 at 05:34 AM..
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2007, 02:39 AM   #2
NoTrash
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: Lexus IS350

couple years ago they had an alpina z8 too......not really much of a big deal.
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2007, 02:52 AM   #3
Neema
Major General
United_States
Rep

Well I always knew that there companies like alpina, dinan, hamann, ACS, and so on....... But I always figured that they were on their own, and that BMW would never endorse them becuase I mean after all, BMW is BMW and those companies are separate entities. So it was strange to see an alipina car on BMW's website. I dont see Brabus cars on Mercedes' website, or Lingenfelter on Chevy, Mansory on Bently, Astin, or Rolls Royce, or anyone else's private tuning companies on the auto makers websites or in their ads

LTMW Widebody+1M front bumper+Slek CF Lip|M3 Hood|StopTech BBK|M-Sport Rear Bumper+DD CF Diffuser|Custom Recaro Seats|KW V2|BavX LS3|M3 Side Skirts+Custom CF Lip|BBS CHR 19x10.5+BBS Lugs|LCI Taillights|RD Sport Anti-Sway Bars|GIAC S2|ER Intercooler+CF Shroud+Charge Pipe|Tial BOV|Injen Intake|MS downpipes|Custom Exhaust|BMS Oil Catch Can|M3 DCT wheel+TiD CF Paddles|BMW CF Trunk Spoiler|Aluminum Pedals
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2007, 02:57 AM   #4
Neema
Major General
United_States
Rep

Its also strange for me to see BMW with Dinan for example becuase it kinda goes against BMW. I mean its great and all, but why would BMW want to support a company that is changing what BMW puts out as thier own car and claims to be the perfect car and "the ultimate driving machine." I figured that BMW would feel like their cars shouldnt be tamperd with, or that if anyone is going to make a 500hp M3 or a supercharged 7 series, that it should be BMW themselves and not dinan, acs, or whoever. Do you see what Im saying?

Appreciate 0
      06-18-2007, 02:57 AM   #5
E90Fleet
Lieutenant General
South Africa
Rep
Drives: BMW

Alpina has worked with BMW for many many many years

A number of BMW models, dating back many generations\, have used Alpina designed parts/systems. A recent example is the X5 4.8is engine, which was a Alpina design based on the BMW 4.4. Another was the Legendary E30 333i, developed here in South Africa by BMW Motorsport and Alpina.

As far as I can remember, Alpina cars have always retained their full BMW warranty in Germany
      06-18-2007, 02:59 AM   #6
E90Fleet
Lieutenant General
South Africa
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boost_Nation View Post
Well I always knew that there companies like alpina, dinan, hamann, ACS, and so on....... But I always figured that they were on their own, and that BMW would never endorse them becuase I mean after all, BMW is BMW and those companies are separate entities. So it was strange to see an alipina car on BMW's website. I dont see Brabus cars on Mercedes' website, or Lingenfelter on Chevy, Mansory on Bently, Astin, or Rolls Royce, or anyone else's private tuning companies on the auto makers websites or in their ads
Wasnt AMG a tuner, like ACS, which then became part of Mercedes

ACS is also partly owned by BMW
      06-18-2007, 03:34 AM   #7
vAnt826
Major
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by E90Fleet View Post
Alpina has worked with BMW for many many many years

A number of BMW models, dating back many generations\, have used Alpina designed parts/systems. A recent example is the X5 4.8is engine, which was a Alpina design based on the BMW 4.4. Another was the Legendary E30 333i, developed here in South Africa by BMW Motorsport and Alpina.

As far as I can remember, Alpina cars have always retained their full BMW warranty in Germany
Wow! I did not know the 4.8i was Alpina designed.
Appreciate 0