E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > ConnectedDrive / I-Drive / Navigation Related Discussion > Scrolling issue (iPod adapter + PROGMAN 25.1)

06-18-2007, 08:26 PM   #1
johnc_22
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2007 E90 335i

Scrolling issue (iPod adapter + PROGMAN 25.1)

I just got my car back from getting the iPod adapter installed at a local dealer. I can tell the software is newer because of the color changes and POI search. The work order says "PROGRAMMED COMPLETE VEHICLE WITH SOFTWARE VER 25.1". I have no idea if there is a minor revision number or not. This update also fixed an annoying problem with Sirius where when I was on the "All Channels" view it would not let me scroll past the first window of channels without fighting the control knob (haptic kickback is there but you can force it if you try).

Here's my problem. The scrolling issue I describe above is now present in the iPod interface. If for example I'm on CD3 (albums) it shows me the first screen of albums but to scroll past the bottom of the window I have to fight the control knob.

WTF? Anyone else experience this? It saddens me deeply to think that I've got to take my car back once again (they had it over the weekend due to difficulties programming) to see if they can fix this but it is SUPER ANNOYING for a feature I just shelled out a good bit of $$$ for.
      06-18-2007, 10:06 PM   #2
digitaljeff
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2006 325i SG Premium , Sport*

I have the same problem

I hate this. I have had the kit for about 6 month and I love it but this issue with the scroll is upsetting me.
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2007, 07:15 AM   #3
johnc_22
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2007 E90 335i

Thumbs down

Have you had the dealer try to fix it? It is pretty much a show-stopper - it feels like I'm breaking something when scrolling through the list.

EDIT: Using the iPod on the way to work this morning made me realize this is worse than I thought. No only does it do this for the list of albums but once you select an album you can't scroll to the bottom of the album, only whatever fits in the first screen of data.

!#%$@^%$^@$%%!$# - I write software for a living - what kind of idiot considers this acceptable? Do they even test this sh*t?

Last edited by johnc_22; 06-19-2007 at 08:41 AM..
Appreciate 0