BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

04-20-2012, 10:29 AM   #1
hybris4u
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW 1-serie M Coupé and BMW X5

Contact in the M-division?

Anyone have an email to the BMW M-division and the BMW connected drive people? Im really upset regarding the media adapter and functionality in my 1M. After 4 months BMW has still not resolved the issue and I want to contact some people regarding this.

Many thanks for any help!
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2012, 10:59 AM   #2
clived
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Evolved 1M

Why an M-division contact? What works differently about it in a 1M than any other 1 series?
      04-20-2012, 11:08 AM   #3
JohnCena
Banned
Rep
Drives: VO

Garage List
Matt Russel?
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2012, 12:09 PM   #4
hybris4u
Captain
Rep

Well the M-division as they are bragging about their "M" experience. No other reason at all.
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2012, 12:39 PM   #5
kazin
Private
Rep
Drives: a

Could you give more details about the problems your experiencing? My media functionality is not up to my standards either, although I'm curious as to whether or not that's the fault of my phone or the fault of BMW.

Either way though, contacting M Division would probably be a waste of time as they would just redirect you. As far as I'm aware M has everything to do with the way the car drives not with any infotainment device that is shared across the platform. You would probably have better luck contacting a division within the general directory.
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2012, 12:45 PM   #6
hybris4u
Captain
Rep

Have apps and all the stuff for iPhone connectivity. Media adapter etc. Its works very very very intermittently. They have changed the media control unit in the back and result=even worse, they changed the connectivity in the armrest and result=no improvement. Connected to BMW engineers but no codes or errors. Then the latest check they found that a cable seems to be badly connected. It actually seems that it has the wrong connection in the ends of the cable. So they think its the wrong cable for connecting the armrest to the media unit in the back. My errors are intermittent loading of the phone and connectivity when using the media adapter. Did try 3 different media adapters but no improvements. My current media adapter and phone was tested in a new X3 and there it worked without any issues... Really tired of spending this amount of time to get this to work in a brand new M-car. Not a "M-experience". The car is wonderful in every other way but this is not ok!
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2012, 12:48 PM   #7
hybris4u
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by kazin View Post
Could you give more details about the problems your experiencing? My media functionality is not up to my standards either, although I'm curious as to whether or not that's the fault of my phone or the fault of BMW.

Either way though, contacting M Division would probably be a waste of time as they would just redirect you. As far as I'm aware M has everything to do with the way the car drives not with any infotainment device that is shared across the platform. You would probably have better luck contacting a division within the general directory.
I know they will redirect but I hope they put some extra attention on it as its an M-car that is supposed to be the premium of the BMWs.

The real people I would like to connect with is the "BMW connected drive people". I think they are lousy to release this kind of issues! And the fact that you need to start the BMW Apps and it don't work in the background is another lousy detail in their software design. And why not let all this work over BT!!! Come on!
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2012, 07:54 PM   #8
ThumpersM3
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 X3MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by hybris4u View Post
Anyone have an email to the BMW M-division and the BMW connected drive people? Im really upset regarding the media adapter and functionality in my 1M. After 4 months BMW has still not resolved the issue and I want to contact some people regarding this.

Many thanks for any help!
BMWNA is very aware of the problem, solution has been found and new replacement cradles are coming.Please be patient,just leave your info at your dealer to be notified of when they get the new replacement. In the mean time,I've been using the Apple white cable, it works fine but it is limited to most functions (no videos possible on cable for example).

Like guys said above , this has nothing to do with the M-division.
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2012, 02:08 AM   #9
eeghie
Kind of a big deal
Rep
Drives: an 1M not often enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by hybris4u View Post
I know they will redirect but I hope they put some extra attention on it as its an M-car that is supposed to be the premium of the BMWs.
Sorry to hear you're having such an ordeal.

IMO don't even bother contacting M on this. M considers themselves premium in driving experience and therefor BMW AG's multimedia features are mostly left untouched by them. At best they'd share your frustration, but i doubt it will help you get resolution.
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2012, 02:29 AM   #10
HERR FSTIR
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: LBB M2C, VO 1M, GSA 1200

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by raysfx4 View Post
BMWNA is very aware of the problem, solution has been found and new replacement cradles are coming.Please be patient,just leave your info at your dealer to be notified of when they get the new replacement. In the mean time,I've been using the Apple white cable, it works fine but it is limited to most functions (no videos possible on cable for example).

Like guys said above , this has nothing to do with the M-division.

I am in the same boat as Hybris4u, but haven't had the opportunity to let my dealer try to fix the problem. It is pretty annoying to spend so much money on items which don't work on a brand new car. They do a lot of testing on these cars - couldn't they hook an iPhone up to the adapter before the car leaves the factory just to make sure everything works okay?

It is reassuring to hear about the updated adaptor. But it would be even better if BMW sent me an email saying "sorry your $55,000 new car doesn't work properly, but we're working hard to make it right. We anticipate the updated adaptors will be available within x weeks/months. We will send you an email containing a fedex tracking number for your replacement media adaptor as soon as the new adaptors become available."
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2012, 02:30 AM   #11
hybris4u
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by eeghie View Post
Sorry to hear you're having such an ordeal.

IMO don't even bother contacting M on this. M considers themselves premium in driving experience and therefor BMW AG's multimedia features are mostly left untouched by them. At best they'd share your frustration, but i doubt it will help you get resolution.
Yes I know but as with all companies there are different people that care more or less. I would just assume some people in M care about the experience with their cars. Yes they are all based on ordinary BMW cars I know. There is no "M" connected drive even if I wish they did that. Imagine having performance info sent to the phone, lap times, different car performance info around the track etc etc. Would be stellar!

I hope the new media adapter thing is the solution. But the funny part is that it looks like the cable from the armrest to the media controller unit might be the wrong one according to my dealer. Its seems it don't connect well to the stuff in the plat of the armrest. So will be interesting if a new media adapter would really solve that or if the thing in the armrest needs a change also?
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2012, 02:31 AM   #12
hybris4u
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by HERR FSTIR View Post
I am in the same boat as Hybris4u, but haven't had the opportunity to let my dealer try to fix the problem. It is pretty annoying to spend so much money on items which don't work on a brand new car. They do a lot of testing on these cars - couldn't they hook an iPhone up to the adapter before the car leaves the factory just to make sure everything works okay?

It is reassuring to hear about the updated adaptor. But it would be even better if BMW sent me an email saying "sorry your $55,000 new car doesn't work properly, but we're working hard to make it right. We anticipate the updated adaptors will be available within x weeks/months. We will send you an email containing a fedex tracking number for your replacement media adaptor as soon as the new adaptors become available."
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2012, 06:07 AM   #13
clived
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Evolved 1M

Quote:
Originally Posted by raysfx4 View Post
BMWNA is very aware of the problem
Will they be influencing the OP's Swedish dealership? ;-)
      04-21-2012, 07:08 AM   #14
hybris4u
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by clived View Post
Will they be influencing the OP's Swedish dealership? ;-)
Yes send over some people from the US with some big guns and power! Aircraft carrier or something should get them to fix my media adapter! ;-)
Appreciate 0