E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > What if the PROcede fuse pops out?

06-20-2007, 01:22 AM   #1
CaptOz
Captain
Australia
Rep
Drives: Porsche 911 Carrera S

What if the PROcede fuse pops out?

I noticed that when I used the fuse adaptor to give power to the PROcede, the fuse does not fit as snugly as it did before. I was wondering.... if the fuse were to pop out while driving, would I lose power to just the PROcede or the whole ECU? Would this then stop the car or just give an error?

Cheers.
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2007, 01:23 AM   #2
OpenFlash
United_States
Rep
Drives: A Lot

Garage List
Why is the fuse not fitting snugly? In fact, if you have the big 50amp fuse in your car, it should fit even more snugly that it did before.

shiv
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2007, 01:33 AM   #3
CaptOz
Captain
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiv@vishnu View Post
Why is the fuse not fitting snugly? In fact, if you have the big 50amp fuse in your car, it should fit even more snugly that it did before.

shiv
I have the standard 40 AMP fuse on my 335i (Australian RHD version) and I used the adapter where the fuse leg pokes through the adapter’s rectangular hole. The fuse does not sit in as “deep” as before. It’s a fairly snug fit but I noticed the fuse popped out a few times when I was jiggling the harness into position.

I don’t expect it to pop out again unless I hit a large pothole or vibration loosens it over time. I was wondering what the symptom would be if the fuse did pop out so I would know what to expect.

Cheers.

P.S. I love the PROcede. Am I the first Australian buyer???
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2007, 01:57 AM   #4
j|rz44
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 335i|E92

Garage List
07 335i  [0.00]
No worries man....
It aint poppen out! and if it makes you rest at ease, tape it down...

GL
      06-24-2007, 08:49 AM   #5
oskywawa
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i Sedan

Garage List
2007 335i Sedan  [0.00]
i hope someone can help here... i was using a cigarette plug splitter (turns one outlet into 3) and i seem to have blown the fuse for it... I think this is the case as now the ligther outlet in the middle console does not work either. From what I can gather fuse "30" is the one I need to chagen, but I can't seem to find any extra fuses or the plastic forceps the owners manual mentions... any help here?
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2007, 12:05 PM   #6
stressdoc
Dominica
Rep
Drives: BMW i8; Toy 4runner TRD pro

OT, start a new thread with this Query. If the 30 amp fuse blew, you might want to up the amperage to a 40 or 50. What are powering up that is drawing so much current? You don't need the tweezers, you can replace without, it's just convenient, try not to touch the metal parts of the fuse, skin oils start to oxidize the surface.
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2007, 04:40 PM   #7
chbrules
MSVConrad++
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 2006 325i | E92 2007 335i

Well, ya, if the amp popped out it'd kill the power to whatever it was powering through its circuit.
      06-26-2007, 01:37 AM   #8
docbeemer
First Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: E92 SG 335i

THIS HAPPENED TO ME DURING INSTALLATION. I was just about to finish the install and close everything up when I noticed that the fuse (40 A) was no longer in the slot- or the jumper! I searched and searched in and around the engine bay, under the car- everywhere. I determined that it had fallen BEHIND the ECU bay and was not accessible without somehow unscrewing the whole ECU bay from the firewall. So I borrowed a car and drove around trying to find a 40 A fuse. On a weekend I could only find a 30 A one so I used that until I tracked down a 40.

Just a heads up for people. It is possible for the fuse to pop out and to lose it in the engine bay. Also on right hand drive engines the ground cable (-ve terminal) from the procede is only JUST long enough to get to the bolt on the body. Shiv- maybe for right hand drive models an extra 2 inches of length on the ground cable would be useful.
      06-26-2007, 01:43 AM   #9
CaptOz
Captain
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by docbeemer View Post
Also on right hand drive engines the ground cable (-ve terminal) from the procede is only JUST long enough to get to the bolt on the body. Shiv- maybe for right hand drive models an extra 2 inches of length on the ground cable would be useful.
I just bought some wire and connectors to extend the earth wire.

Cheers.
Appreciate 0