E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > New & Preowned BMW Ordering / Pricing / Tracking Information Forum (including European Delivery) > BMW Dealer Reviews + Ratings Forum > Dealers in or around Mobile/Pensacola?

11-03-2005, 10:01 PM   #1
Delcis
Registered
Rep
Drives: E34 535i 5MT

Question Dealers in or around Mobile/Pensacola?

Does anyone have experience with dealers near Pensacola, FL (e.g. Mobile, Fort Walton, Tallahassee, Mongtomery, Birmingham)?

I've had a hard time finding a dealer that will go lower than $2000 over invoice, which is nuts, and most have doc/misc fees of around $400. One has claimed that there is a $400 "local advertising" fee (charged to the dealership) that cuts into their profits, yet this fee did not show up on the purchase worksheet that was created for me on my visit.

[update: learned some interesting stuff on MAACO and "training" fees, but it still sounds like a bad deal overall]

I am a bit mystified by this situation. Any thoughts? Another little tidbit, most dealers seemed shocked and surprised that I want a manual transmission.

Last edited by Delcis; 11-03-2005 at 11:22 PM..
Appreciate 0
      11-28-2005, 08:52 PM   #2
jaybird124
Major
Rep
Drives: 2017 M3 ZCP

I'm not sure if we'll be able to meet your request or not, but I sure would like to take a look at what exactly you're looking for. My name is Jay and I work at Quality Imports in Fort Walton Beach. Shoot me an e-mail (jaychastain@qualityimports.com) of what you're looking for and I'd be happy to see if we can make something work.
Have a good one!
Appreciate 0
      11-28-2005, 09:23 PM   #3
wantmye90
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 06 BMW 330

If you ask a dealer what they'll sell the car for they are going to be very conservative. BUT, if you pick out a car, pull out the check book and offer $500 over invoice plus maybe $200 doc fee I would bet they'll change their position. These days, a sold unit is a good thing. Plus there's many incentives to both the sales person and the dealership to sell units. They'll make enough money on the next guy. Good luck!
Appreciate 0