E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - NY / NJ / CT / PA > Calling all procede users..

04-24-2012, 06:03 PM   #1
RevC
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: a couple fast toys

Calling all procede users..

was wondering if you guys could help me out, i hate reading directions and am not well versed to the procede tuning interface coming from jb after years im trying to update my procede to the new firmware and 4-19 maps, i have the keyspan uhs19 cable (don't know if thatll work or is recommended but i had it laying around from my old tune). How exactly do i update to 4-19 maps through the user interface? when i plug in, the computer won't recognize the cable 2/5 times so im worried if it crashes during upload, it will corrupt something in the procede.. do i turn the car on (ignition) or leave it off when uploading the firmware? i have the readme file which ill attach here, does it look complete and/or anything else i should be doing? im running windows 7 on the laptop, maybe try reinstalling the drivers to be on the safe side? thanks in advance

update Process:

Step 1: Update to firmware #111 as usual (laptop plugged in to a AC socket) using the Procede User Tuning Interface v5.34 or later (downloadable from procedetuning.com)
Step 2: After firmware update is complete (0-100%) and Procede resets, turn ignition power fully OFF and wait 2 seconds
Step 3: Turn ignition power fully ON
Step 4: Upload the appropriate 4-19 map
Step 5: Once uploaded, go to Mode 3 on the Command Center and do commands 12 thru 1 (12, 11, 10, 9, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1 in that order). It's also a good idea to wait 10 seconds once Command 3 is executed (DME reset) before progressing to 2 and then 1.
Step 6: Go to COMMS menu in user software and select "Reset Procede". This will take a few seconds. With the newer user software, you will have to manually go offline/online since the software will not automatically recover from the Reset.
Step 7: Turn ignition power fully OFF and wait 5 seconds
Step 8: Start car and begin driving!

SGM e92 335xi|Helix|AFE|AWE|PROCEDE|SYNAPSE|ER|OSS|BMW PERFORMANCE|P3|always growing..
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2012, 06:31 PM   #2
TT3 iN NyC
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3CS

Yes, install the USB drivers. Try running the user interface in XP mode
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2012, 06:52 PM   #3
themyst
Major General
South Korea
Rep
Drives: '16 MK7 GTI

Your cable may not be compatible if it worked on your JB4. Worst case buy the 6ft Sabrent USB to serial cable off amazon for $12.99. Never had any problems or disconnects with that cable on Procede.
      04-24-2012, 07:26 PM   #4
RevC
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: a couple fast toys

Quote:
Originally Posted by themyst View Post
Your cable may not be compatible if it worked on your JB4. Worst case buy the 6ft Sabrent USB to serial cable off amazon for $12.99. Never had any problems or disconnects with that cable on Procede.
hmm okay, im not sure i ever really used it with the jb tune, it was just ran into the glovebox of my last car. it's possible it was the cable just being through wear and tear so i picked up a new one for~40 bucks. went to the store and I asked for the best serial to usb for windows/mac and was handed a keyspan tripplite UH19. when i came home i realized its the same cable in black LMAO. installed the drivers and plugged in the cable and it is working FLAWLESSLY (weird). im 40 bux down but at least its working now so fair trade off. whatever was happening i guess it was related to the actual hardware. im updating by opening up the ecu box directly now--the only problem i have now is if i want to run it to the glovebox again haha, way to short. will any extended usb cable work (the actual connector has a usb connection to plug into) or does the keyspan have an upgraded usb wire? thanks guys

this is the wire i purchased.

SGM e92 335xi|Helix|AFE|AWE|PROCEDE|SYNAPSE|ER|OSS|BMW PERFORMANCE|P3|always growing..

Last edited by RevC; 04-24-2012 at 07:43 PM..
Appreciate 0