BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

05-13-2012, 10:48 AM   #1
Artemis
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 Competition

Through the Looking-Glass: Porsche enthusiasts about the 1M

A room with a view. Quite balanced conversation.
http://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/topic.asp?t=1148022

OP's finding: "They [Cayman R and 1M] both price themselves around the same mark too, although I have to admit being a little concerned by the lack of movement on Cayman stock recently which suggests they are priced too high (sorry owners) but equally 1M's are still priced on or around new but hard to find, despite there being approx. double the amount in the UK than Cayman R's."
      05-13-2012, 11:13 AM   #2
ozinaldo
Brigadier General
Portugal
Rep
Drives: 1M

Some interesting conversation and feedback over there. TT RS lovers seem to hijack the basic topic though.
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2012, 11:27 AM   #3
VO 1M
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 1M Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozinaldo View Post
Some interesting conversation and feedback over there. TT RS lovers seem to hijack the basic topic though.
lol was thinking the same.
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2012, 01:10 PM   #4
Aussie_in_London
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 1M, i3 & track built Astra OPC

The only problem with Pistonheads, alot of experts with alot to say but little experience to back it up, most haven't even seen a 1M let alone test drove one, but still alot of chat from the gallery, that is PH
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2012, 04:26 PM   #5
b33g33
Give '///M' Hell!
United_States
Rep
Drives: Einser Rex

After reading the 1st page of comments it's clear to me that most of these people have not seen a 1M in person, let alone driven one.

I'm fan of the Cayman and I'm sure the new one will be even better but the R is slightly better equipped than a go-kart and doesn't even come close to the 1M in terms of versatility while the 1M is very close to the R is performance.
The 1 series M is the most badass, coolest, sickest BMW to debut since the 1988 M3. The E30 M3 finally has a successor. Please welcome the stupidly fast, wickedly tempered, awkwardly named, possibly perfect little son of a benchmark - Automobile Magazine, August 2011

Appreciate 0
      05-14-2012, 08:51 AM   #6
v1k0d3n
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2C /// (and x3 for the wife)

good discussion...but like threads on here, it's highly opinionated. the OP was looking for opinions, so i get it (and at least it was pretty civil and for the most part pretty accurately based). cars ARE personal though...everyone has their inputs, be them accurately planted and logical or not. i can't ever say that i've bought a car that I regret...I seem to get better and better cars as I get older, and for that I consider myself extremely lucky. the 1M is my best car to date...and i'll enjoy this ride until it's last.
Appreciate 0