BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Off-Topic Discussions Board ***EuroSport***

06-27-2007, 06:11 AM   #1
Neema
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: a few BMWs

EuroSport (originally EuroSquad) is a team that Rizal and I started, we've changed the name to EuroSport after deciding that "Squad" sounded.............well just didn’t sound right hah. We have our old EuroSquad vinyl’s that we're changing to EuroSport, along with our team's signature on the forums.

So far we've got 4 cars which are all either black sapphire or jet black and are on DPE's and iForged, though there are no rules about color. Matter of fact, there are no rules except for 1) that the car obviously has to be European, 2) that it needs some decent wheels (BBS, OZ, DPE, HRE, iForged, Neez, Volk....and so on), and 3) that it is decently modified and looks clean and classy.

So far we have 2 E90's, Rizal and MonacoBimm, one E92 which is myself, and an E46 M3. I personally love our team's vinyl and think it looks classy. I was offered a position on EuroProjektz but didn’t want to pay the $200 entry fee and have to follow their strict guidelines, such as having to win at least one award at a show within a certain amount of time, having to completely finish the modifications within a given amount of time, and other things of that nature. I love teams like EuroProjektz and TWCompetition, but I just cant keep up with those guidelines at my age and with my limited funds and time. So we decided to start a nice team that was to consist of nice cars and cool people who could do photo shoots together, associate with each other, go to shows with each other, talk about cars and modifications with each other, and just over all have fun with it.

As the team grows, more and more members living in different areas can associate with one another. It is an international team; no restrictions on where you live. Say for example that you were able to recruit two more of your friends into the team, well that makes two more members that live in your area with which you can associate with and attend meets with. The logic behind this team’s growth thrives on the idea of having friends recruit other friends, which further allows the team to grow, mean while adhering to the team’s dynamic of being a group of friends , teammates, and fellow enthusiasts.

We're always looking into recruiting new people and its actually going well for us. We're not in it for money, bragging rights, or anything else. Just an awesome fleet of hot European cars and the cool people who own them. So that’s basically what EuroSport (was called EuroSquad) is. If anyone is interested in joining please PM either myself or Rizal.
Attached Images

LTMW Widebody+1M front bumper+Slek CF Lip|M3 Hood|StopTech BBK|M-Sport Rear Bumper+DD CF Diffuser|Custom Recaro Seats|KW V2|BavX LS3|M3 Side Skirts+Custom CF Lip|BBS CHR 19x10.5+BBS Lugs|LCI Taillights|RD Sport Anti-Sway Bars|GIAC S2|ER Intercooler+CF Shroud+Charge Pipe|Tial BOV|Injen Intake|MS downpipes|Custom Exhaust|BMS Oil Catch Can|M3 DCT wheel+TiD CF Paddles|BMW CF Trunk Spoiler|Aluminum Pedals

Last edited by Neema; 06-28-2007 at 04:30 AM..
Appreciate 0
      06-27-2007, 06:16 AM   #2
Neema
Major General
United_States
Rep

more
Attached Images

LTMW Widebody+1M front bumper+Slek CF Lip|M3 Hood|StopTech BBK|M-Sport Rear Bumper+DD CF Diffuser|Custom Recaro Seats|KW V2|BavX LS3|M3 Side Skirts+Custom CF Lip|BBS CHR 19x10.5+BBS Lugs|LCI Taillights|RD Sport Anti-Sway Bars|GIAC S2|ER Intercooler+CF Shroud+Charge Pipe|Tial BOV|Injen Intake|MS downpipes|Custom Exhaust|BMS Oil Catch Can|M3 DCT wheel+TiD CF Paddles|BMW CF Trunk Spoiler|Aluminum Pedals
Appreciate 0
      06-27-2007, 07:39 AM   #3
txusa03
Major General
Rep
Drives: TS330iPPSP6MT

Good ideas. But who decides what is cool/decent wheels? Basically, I want to know who is the judging panel that decide if a car can join your team? What if that person live all the way in the east coast, how will you get together for meet?

I think I can pass #1 but still working on #2 and #3. I have the ///M shiftknob (that's it ). Looking toward mtech steering wheel (but don't have $$$).
      06-27-2007, 07:59 AM   #4
Neema
Major General
United_States
Rep

The rest of the team decides those kind of things, though naturally it will be biased by Stean's and my own decision as we are, after all, the creators. But please, don’t take that as some sort of a snob like response because we are in no way trying to act like we're Team BMW North America it's self or something. We're just doing this for good times and the pleasure of admiring our stunningly modified European cars. And no worries about your location because one of our guys is in Panama!!

As the team grows, more and more members living in different areas can associate with one another. It is an international team; no restrictions on where you live. Say for example that you were able to recruit two more of your friends into the team, well that makes two more members that live in your area with which you can associate with and attend meets with. The logic behind this team’s growth thrives on the idea of having friends recruit other friends, which further allows the team to grow, mean while adhering to the team’s dynamic of being a group of friends , teammates, and fellow enthusiasts.

Haha its all good man, but just hit me up when your at #2, alright? And thank you for your interest!

Appreciate 0
      06-27-2007, 10:26 AM   #5
DasBlitz
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: bmw 328i 07

Garage List
2007 328i  [0.00]
Car club? eh, the only way I can ever see myself doing that is if it was a local thing. Even then car clubs just make no sense. It seems like something people do to be cool. Not to mention you guys changing the name just cus it sounds cooler now. Seems like something some bored kids though up.
      06-27-2007, 10:41 AM   #6
Swoop
Resident Noob
United_States
Rep
Drives: You Crazy w/ My Rear Fogs

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
2004 Acura TSX  [0.00]
Subscribed....curious......

A/W 335i e90 l Sirius l M6 Wheels l M5 Bumper l Eibachs l 20% Tint l CPE Exhaust & Standback l BLK Matte Trim l Xenon Interiors l Lux 4.0 l 8000k D1S l MTEC H7/H11s l Invisibulbs l BLK Matte Grill l Blacklines l Alum Pedals l Splt Armrest l Rear Fogs l RBT l K&N
Appreciate 0
      06-27-2007, 10:45 AM   #7
Neema
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DasBlitz View Post
Car club? eh, the only way I can ever see myself doing that is if it was a local thing. Even then car clubs just make no sense. It seems like something people do to be cool. Not to mention you guys changing the name just cus it sounds cooler now. Seems like something some bored kids though up.
Everyone is entitled to their opinion. But it makes perfect sense to the many hundreds of people who join different teams. Its not to be cool or because anyone is bored. Its just to have a little fun and associate with others that share the same interests and tastes when it comes to cars. If you look at teams like TWC and EuroProjektz, they have members from all around the world. We all keep in touch through phone, email, forums, instant messaging, and myspace, and Im sure that the international members of those big name teams do the same. Matter of fact, Im chatting with our guy from panama right now!

So it all comes down to what your in to. Some like the idea of being on a team just to feel apart of something that’s interesting to them and that they can feel a connection to. That’s really all its about and all it comes down too. No one here, on EuroSport at least, is taking this serious to the point of feeling like they've decadently modified a car that they now feel they must display in a grandiose or gaudy manner. We even let members know that they don’t have to display the EuroSport vinyl on their windshield if they chose not to do so. The point I am trying to make is that this is a team of down to earth, yet dedicated individuals who appreciate what their peer's have done to their cars and share their enthusiasm about European cars. That’s all

But please, I don’t want this to turn into a thread about why teams are good or bad, cool or lame. Its just a thread to spread a bit of awareness about what we are doing. So we would appreciate it that if anyone disagrees with the idea of it, or car clubs for that matter, that they kindly keep it to themselves, thank you

Last edited by Neema; 06-27-2007 at 11:40 AM..
Appreciate 0
      06-27-2007, 11:00 AM   #8
just4kickz
boku no namae ha...
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 BS 330i

Garage List
2006 E90 330i  [0.00]
Quote:
lol TWC has alot of young people... but not kids... 20-30s? and they all rock the finesttt!

"Akimbo shotguns. Broken wrists anyone? And don't give me that 'it's just a game' bull****. Where the **** are my akimbo interventions then?! One scope on each eye mother****er!!"
Appreciate 0
      06-27-2007, 11:09 AM   #9
Swoop
Resident Noob
United_States
Rep
Drives: You Crazy w/ My Rear Fogs

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
2004 Acura TSX  [0.00]
Personally, I liked the Euro Squad name better......

A/W 335i e90 l Sirius l M6 Wheels l M5 Bumper l Eibachs l 20% Tint l CPE Exhaust & Standback l BLK Matte Trim l Xenon Interiors l Lux 4.0 l 8000k D1S l MTEC H7/H11s l Invisibulbs l BLK Matte Grill l Blacklines l Alum Pedals l Splt Armrest l Rear Fogs l RBT l K&N
Appreciate 0
      06-27-2007, 11:15 AM   #10
DasBlitz
Major
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2007 328i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by just4kickz View Post
lol TWC has alot of young people... but not kids... 20-30s? and they all rock the finesttt!
I'm not aware of TWC and I was not stating car clubs are for kids. Merely stating that the OP changing the name of his car club makes it seem kiddish. Since they changed the name to be, cooler.
      06-27-2007, 11:34 AM   #11
Neema
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I'm not aware of TWC and I was not stating car clubs are for kids. Merely stating that the OP changing the name of his car club makes it seem kiddish. Since they changed the name to be, cooler.
We changed the name becuase we prefered it. I respect your opinions, yet do not see how you are warranting your information to be ture on our decision as to why we changed an aspect of our name due to the fact that we think it sounds "cooler." I can give you a fact, its not the reason we changed that part of the name.

Appreciate 0
      06-27-2007, 11:48 AM   #12
DasBlitz
Major
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2007 328i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boost_Nation View Post
We changed the name becuase we prefered it. I respect your opinions, yet do not see how you are warranting your information to be ture on our decision as to why we changed an aspect of our name due to the fact that we think it sounds "cooler." I can give you a fact, its not the reason we changed that part of the name.
Really well I read your post and this was the first line...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boost_Nation View Post
EuroSport (originally EuroSquad) is a team that Rizal and I started, we've changed the name to EuroSport after deciding that "Squad" sounded.............well just didn’t sound right hah.
That practically makes it seem like it didnt sound as cool. So how am I wrong you basically said it. Didn't sound right, didn't sound good, didn't sound cool. Say it how you want.

I am not trying to talk trash I merely stated that and then Just4Kickz I believe thought I ment everyone in car clubs were kids. When that wasn't what I ment so I restated.
      06-27-2007, 12:19 PM   #13
txusa03
Major General
Rep
Drives: TS330iPPSP6MT

I rahter see young folks keeping themself busy with car clubs then with drugs/alcohol/firearms clubs and getting themself in trouble with the law. But dont be street racing now.
      06-27-2007, 12:33 PM   #14
ga-bmwdrvr
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E21 320i, E90 330i

Quote:
Originally Posted by txusa03 View Post
I rahter see young folks keeping themself busy with car clubs then with drugs/alcohol/firearms clubs and getting themself in trouble with the law. But dont be street racing now.
+1, when I read about changing the name I thought it was because "squad" almost gives a gang-like impression, like "death squad" or something. Not because it did not sound cool. Anyway, good luck with the team. I'm an old fart so no customizing LOL. I am looking into building one of those "Cobra" replicas with the mustang drive train though
Appreciate 0
      06-27-2007, 12:48 PM   #15
OC Guy
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: AW 335D E90

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
Good luck with the Team/Club. There's nothing wrong with Car Clubs as long as the members represent their clubs well.

Current: 2010 Alpine White 335D LCI l 19" BBS LMs l KW V2 Coilovers l BMW Performance Grilles l MSport Front/Rear l Karbonwerke Trunk l F1 Pinnacle Tint 35% Former: E92 Space Grey 335i Latest pics
Appreciate 0
      06-27-2007, 12:50 PM   #16
SES_D
pewpew
United_States
Rep
Drives: F10 535i

Good choice in changing the same. Squad sounds childish and makes you guys sound "cocky". Sport is definately a more appropriate name for your club.
      06-27-2007, 12:59 PM   #17
spacedogg
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: Debadged

Quote:
Originally Posted by SES_D View Post
Good choice in changing the same. Squad sounds childish and makes you guys sound "cocky". Sport is definately a more appropriate name for your club.
+1
Appreciate 0
      06-27-2007, 03:17 PM   #18
evoi19
Lieutenant General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2022 G80C

So how do you all meet up? I mean you all live pretty far apart and i don't see how a team would be able to get together and hang out if all of you live hella far.
Appreciate 0
      06-27-2007, 03:27 PM   #19
MonacoBimm
Banned
Panama
Rep
Drives: Sapp. Black 330i(2nd e90)

Quote:
Originally Posted by evo119 View Post
So how do you all meet up? I mean you all live pretty far apart and i don't see how a team would be able to get together and hang out if all of you live hella far.
Well for me, I travel a lot, and Im going to be traveling to La for the Mothers meet. And hopefully Im going to college there next year. :rocks:
Appreciate 0
      06-27-2007, 04:44 PM   #20
Walked U
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: Too many to list

Hey you might have trouble with eurosport.

That name is already taken by the company eurosport that tunes vw's and audis.

http://www.eurosportacc.com/
Ferrari 575 SA, 458 Italia
Appreciate 0
      06-27-2007, 04:45 PM   #21
SteanLV
Philippines
Rep
Drives: Liberty Walk M3

we usually go to the big meets for e90 or when one of us goes to that city.. like if nema or monaco comes to vegas I could show them around. stuff like that
      06-27-2007, 04:46 PM   #22
SteanLV
Philippines
Rep
Drives: Liberty Walk M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walked U View Post
Hey you might have trouble with eurosport.

That name is already taken by the company eurosport that tunes vw's and audis.
were not for commercial purposes