M5POST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > F10 M5 Forum > F10 M5 Pricing, Ordering, Tracking, and European Delivery

05-16-2012, 10:59 AM   #1
whiteM5
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2013 M5

What are your ED Plans??

How long are you guys spending on your trip?

Anybody going to check out the nurburgring?

Any other fun roads or things to check out while over there that you'd consider can't miss?
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2012, 03:42 PM   #2
RPiM5
Major General
Rep
Drives: Mexico Blue F10 M5(Mika)

Hey, this is a good thread.

This is what I am thinking for my Euro Delivery trip.

I want to fly in on the 31st take a nice long nap, get up the morning of the 1st with a giant grin on my face and head to the Welt to pick up the M5. I think that we'll spend the first day in Munich and relax from our long flight from California. The next day we'll head south for Portofino, Italy for the night. Prolly spend the morning in Portofino driving around and then head to Monaco for our 2nd night. After Monaco, then making the long drive through France to Luxembourg City for the night. After that, heading to a BMW dealership near Koblenz to get the Break In Service complete before heading to Nurburg for the night. We'll either hit up the Nurburgring on the 5th or on the morning of the 6th. After Nurburg we'll then head back down to Munich to drop the M5 back off at the Welt and spend our last night in Munich before we fly out on the 7th. This is my first plan.

I have another one where we drive East to Vienna, then to Krakow Poland, then back to Germany through Berlin, and then to Nurburg before heading back down to Munich.

In either case, I'll have put enough miles on the M5 to break her in and get the break in service completed before I hit "The Ring," and then also have 336 miles of Autobahn back to Munich with a fully broken in F10 M5!

I think we might end up hitting the French Riviera instead of Eastern Europe, but we'll see.
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2012, 06:53 PM   #3
dingding
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2005 Carrera GT, 2012 750IAH

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPiM5 View Post
Hey, this is a good thread.

This is what I am thinking for my Euro Delivery trip.

I want to fly in on the 31st take a nice long nap, get up the morning of the 1st with a giant grin on my face and head to the Welt to pick up the M5. I think that we'll spend the first day in Munich and relax from our long flight from California. The next day we'll head south for Portofino, Italy for the night. Prolly spend the morning in Portofino driving around and then head to Monaco for our 2nd night. After Monaco, then making the long drive through France to Luxembourg City for the night. After that, heading to a BMW dealership near Koblenz to get the Break In Service complete before heading to Nurburg for the night. We'll either hit up the Nurburgring on the 5th or on the morning of the 6th. After Nurburg we'll then head back down to Munich to drop the M5 back off at the Welt and spend our last night in Munich before we fly out on the 7th. This is my first plan.

I have another one where we drive East to Vienna, then to Krakow Poland, then back to Germany through Berlin, and then to Nurburg before heading back down to Munich.

In either case, I'll have put enough miles on the M5 to break her in and get the break in service completed before I hit "The Ring," and then also have 336 miles of Autobahn back to Munich with a fully broken in F10 M5!

I think we might end up hitting the French Riviera instead of Eastern Europe, but we'll see.
Dave just FYI the drop off location in Munich is near the airport, you don't drop off t welt.

Last edited by dingding; 05-17-2012 at 07:00 AM..
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2012, 06:57 PM   #4
dingding
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2005 Carrera GT, 2012 750IAH

This is gonna be my 3rd ED. I plan to drive to zurich, spend one week in Switzerland, the drive to Paris drip off the car, spend a week there, then come back.
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2012, 08:55 PM   #5
Necromancer
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011.5 M3 Sedan

Appreciate 0
      05-16-2012, 10:39 PM   #6
whiteM5
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2013 M5

RPi- similar plan for myself. Munich to Vienna for night 1, Monaco night 2, Nice night 3, Luxembourg Night 4, Ring, then back to Munich for the opening weekend of Oktoberfest. I delayed my ED for 9/17, heard the Oktoberfest is a lifetime experience...
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2012, 11:40 PM   #7
zzzmmm
SICK
Rep
Drives: MCB F10 M5

Hey dingding, Im in TX also can you PM the dealer or TX tips, Id appreciate it. My dealer is giving me the wait list blah blah blah bs.
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2012, 01:12 AM   #8
BarryB
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 30Jahre M5 plus a few more M's

Garage List
Arriving fri am. Picking up sat ( no time yet). Leaving Munich Wed 5th
Hope to get in on a VIP M tour fri or mon. Need to get details from another thread.
We should definitely get together on Fri pm and or Sat.
60 Impala (43k orig mi)
15 Turbo S (Kobb tune and Kline exhaust)
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2012, 10:35 AM   #9
Necromancer
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011.5 M3 Sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiteM5 View Post
RPi- similar plan for myself. Munich to Vienna for night 1, Monaco night 2, Nice night 3, Luxembourg Night 4, Ring, then back to Munich for the opening weekend of Oktoberfest. I delayed my ED for 9/17, heard the Oktoberfest is a lifetime experience...
Boy that is a lot of driving. 5 hours of driving after pick up (Munich-Vienna)? Following day, 10+ hours to Monaco? What is the use of driving to Vienna? When you get there you will be going to sleep, getting up and driving half way across Europe. Why switch hotels night 3? Monaco and Nice are <30 mins apart. Then it is off to Luxembourg for that leisurely 11 hour drive!

I think you need to think this through a little better. Dump Monaco and Nice. Stay two nights in Vienna, one night Salzburg. You could spend 2 weeks in Vienna and not soak it all in.

Map this out like you were in the USA and see if you would do it...Arrive Cleveland get car. Drive to Louisville, KY-Night 1. Drive to New Orleans-Night 2. Drive to Baton Rouge-Night 3. Drive to Greenville, SC (BMW Performance Center)-Night 4. Drive to Columbus, OH for State Fair.
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2012, 04:17 PM   #10
M54ccibo
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: '16 GT4

I'm thinking about this too...

I am in the process of planning my drive as well. Kids vote Switzerland (chocolate and cheese) and Italy, wife definitely wants to do Tuscany.

Problem that we have is our kids will have just gone back to school the week before we leave so I cannot afford a 10+ day vacation. Question to those who have driven in that area, can you do a quick visit to Switzerland and then Tuscany in 7 days?
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2012, 09:35 PM   #11
BarryB
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 30Jahre M5 plus a few more M's

Garage List
Nurburgring.

Is anyone interested inn driving up on sun or mon? I would like to get a ride in the ring taxi. It would be great to have an M5 caravan up to the ring. 4hr drive +/-
Not sure about taking the virgin beast on the track.
60 Impala (43k orig mi)
15 Turbo S (Kobb tune and Kline exhaust)
Appreciate 0