E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > Canada > Canada Classifieds Section > Evolution Auto Performance - Exhausts & More - GVA

05-19-2012, 12:00 AM   #1
mapleridge
Banned
Rep
Drives: E90 N52 AT

Thumbs up Evolution Auto Performance - Exhausts & More - GVA

Hi All,

I had some pretty bad drone after installing a Magnaflow muffler on my detail addict custom made exhaust. The exhaust is a piece of art. Leo @ detailaddict did a great job designing it. It increases pipe diameter from 2.25" to 2.5" and from 2.5" to 3". It also deletes cats and resonator. I had Leo do a m3 quad rear section with a Magnaflow. Muffler was my choice and it ended up droning from 2k to 2.5k. This was no good for me and my daughter.

I started looking into options and given the piping and sections I had available I went with a Flowmaster HP2 and a Dynomax VT4 inline. Both are designed to lower sound but the Dynomax guarantees drone free operation.

Anyways, my search for shops that Tig Weld in the GVA led me to Carline in Richmond, BC and Muffler Tech in Port Moody. Engotski mentioned Evolution Auto Performance. I looked up some of their work on Revscene and it looked great. I saw some of their work first hand at their shop and some of it was beautiful. Their welding of stainless and aluminum was very nice. Also, @ $75/hr, their price was good too.

Kevin, the store owner did the work on my car, but another tech there, his name slips my mind did some beautiful work too. I saw a custom piece he had created and it looked like a machine had welded it. Quality. They have a dyno too. It's not a dynojet or a mustang dyno. Forgot what kind. Hopefully I will dyno my car before tune and primary cat delete to see what type of gains I can get.

Here are some pics of after and a vid of the sound before I swapped out mufflers. The sound now is almost quiet as stock at low revs. When I get 2.5k or so above it becomes audible. I feel the car pull harder after this exhaust. It is more fun to drive.

Appreciate 0
      05-19-2012, 12:04 AM   #2
SmellMyFart
Private
Rep
Drives: Fart

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapleridge
Hi All,

I had some pretty bad drone after installing a Magnaflow muffler on my detail addict custom made exhaust. The exhaust is a piece of art. Leo @ detailaddict did a great job designing it. It increases pipe diameter from 2.25" to 2.5" and from 2.5" to 3". It also deletes cats and resonator. I had Leo do a m3 quad rear section with a Magnaflow. Muffler was my choice and it ended up droning from 2k to 2.5k. This was no good for me and my daughter.

I started looking into options and given the piping and sections I had available I went with a Flowmaster HP2 and a Dynomax VT4 inline. Both are designed to lower sound but the Dynomax guarantees drone free operation.

Anyways, my search for shops that Tig Weld in the GVA led me to Carline in Richmond, BC and Muffler Tech in Port Moody. Engotski mentioned Evolution Auto Performance. I looked up some of their work on Revscene and it looked great. I saw some of their work first hand at their shop and some of it was beautiful. Their welding of stainless and aluminum was very nice. Also, @ $75/hr, their price was good too.

Kevin, the store owner did the work on my car, but another tech their, his name slips my mind did some beautiful work too. I saw a custom piece he had created and it looked like a machine had welded it. Quality. They have a dyno too. It's not a dynojet or a mustang dyno. Forgot what kind. Hopefully I will dyno my car before tune and primary cat delete to see what type of gains I can get.

Here are some pics of after and a vid of the sound before I swapped out mufflers. The sound now is almost quiet as stock at low revs. When I get 2.5k or so above it becomes audible. I feel the car pull harder after this exhaust. It is more fun to drive.

Hey man. Rmb me? We met in no1. I'm the guy who has a straight pipe on my black e92. How much did u pay for it in total?
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2012, 12:06 AM   #3
doubla_d
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

It's hard to tell what it sounds like because the audio is so bad in the video . Maybe take some outside video of the exhaust it might give us a better chance to hear the custom exhaust . Piping looks awesome!!!
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2012, 12:07 AM   #4
mapleridge
Banned
Rep

took 3.5 hours so a little over $350 with the little bits of bends and such they used.
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2012, 06:18 AM   #5
mapleridge
Banned
Rep

just realized this is in the wrong forum. If one of the mods can move it to the Canada section, I would appreciate it.
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2012, 12:05 PM   #6
engotski
oh haiii
Philippines
Rep
Drives: e92 328i

Glad it worked out bro! Ask for a group dyno rate im in!!

On the side note, my car got fukin broken into last night! Body shop it goes again! $300 down the drain
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2012, 12:14 PM   #7
mapleridge
Banned
Rep

I will definitely organize a group dyno if members are down. Thanks for the advice on the shop. As for the break in. I suggest a cctv camera and a good rifle. What did they take?
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2012, 03:27 PM   #8
engotski
oh haiii
Philippines
Rep

Quote:
I will definitely organize a group dyno if members are down. Thanks for the advice on the shop. As for the break in. I suggest a cctv camera and a good rifle. What did they take?
Nothing. They opened my glove box and middle console but had nothing in the car
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2012, 09:47 PM   #9
SmellMyFart
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by engotski
Quote:
U r gonna mod ur exhaust there? Didn't u have BMW performance exhaust??
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2012, 09:53 PM   #10
SmellMyFart
Private
Rep

Quote:
took 3.5 hours so a little over $350 with the little bits of bends and such they used.
Awesome! They charged u way much less than what drivehard for mine. Mine was like only straight pipe. Drivehard ripped me off! And the job was so fuck up and kept saying that they had tried their best for adjusting the position of the tips. Due to ur car muffler position, that's it and it will be off no matter what! Fuck! I was so mad, but we r kind of knowing each other well, so I held my anger!
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2012, 12:22 AM   #11
engotski
oh haiii
Philippines
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmellMyFart
Quote:
Originally Posted by engotski
Quote:
U r gonna mod ur exhaust there? Didn't u have BMW performance exhaust??
No and yes have the bmw pe. Im talking about dyno...
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2012, 12:30 AM   #12
DESI4life10
Banned
Canada
Rep
Drives: Coding: Desi4life10@gmail.com

You definitely need a better video. Too be honest, it this video really kills the sounds of the exhaust and makes it sound weird.
Glad the drone problem is fixed.
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2012, 02:20 AM   #13
mapleridge
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DESI4life10 View Post
You definitely need a better video. Too be honest, it this video really kills the sounds of the exhaust and makes it sound weird.
Glad the drone problem is fixed.
I know the video sucked. I have no skills with placement and such. It was just loud at all times and deafening at 2k to 2.5k. It made your ears hurt. Since I changed two mufflers at once I can't tell but the dynomax has an internal valve that is supposed to kill drone and fully open at full throttle. I think that is what keeps it quiet but minimal drone is there still in the same range. It sounds pretty awesome aside from that now. Deep and those back fire sounds when in Ds mode.
Appreciate 0