BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

05-24-2012, 06:05 PM   #1
Dan Parker
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 Golf R

Dragons Tail Meet/Drive - June 2012

Rather then completely sabotage dcb's Dragon's Tail thread I thought I'd start one so we can try to plan a meet. The Boston guys are coming down June 5-10 so we might want to aim for that time frame.

Is anyone else interested? If so, let's try to get up there for a drive. I live 1/2 way between Atlanta and the tail so if anyone is coming up you are welcome to come by for a 1/2 way break. There are also some awesome roads right near my house as well. As stated in the other thread I'd like to aim for a week day since the area gets congested with Harleys, cops, and other slow traffic but that might be difficult.
(I swore I'd never go on a weekend again a few years back when a Harley crossed the yellow line coming my way (5-10 mph!) and caused me to put 2 off to avoid killing him)

If a week day doesn't work we could go up on Saturday, June 9th.
      05-24-2012, 07:34 PM   #2
1978.530i
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BSM 1M

I would love to do this, but that week is particularly bad for me. I'd like to shoot for a mid-week timeframe to avoid the worst of the traffic. I could probably swing the following week or two, but don't base any group decision around my schedule.
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2012, 09:06 PM   #3
dcb
Private
Rep
Drives: Black 1M

I should have posted before I went...I only go once a year...I MIGHT be able to make it back this year but it'll be late summer...I'm in next year! lol
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2012, 09:22 PM   #4
b33g33
Give '///M' Hell!
United_States
Rep
Drives: Einser Rex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Parker View Post
Rather then completely sabotage dcb's Dragon's Tail thread I thought I'd start one so we can try to plan a meet. The Boston guys are coming down June 5-10 so we might want to aim for that time frame.

Is anyone else interested? If so, let's try to get up there for a drive. I live 1/2 way between Atlanta and the tail so if anyone is coming up you are welcome to come by for a 1/2 way break. There are also some awesome roads right near my house as well. As stated in the other thread I'd like to aim for a week day since the area gets congested with Harleys, cops, and other slow traffic but that might be difficult.
(I swore I'd never go on a weekend again a few years back when a Harley crossed the yellow line coming my way (5-10 mph!) and caused me to put 2 off to avoid killing him)

If a week day doesn't work we could go up on Saturday, June 9th.
Hey Dan, I'm thinking I might be able to get away on Thursday June 8th. Trying to talk a couple of buddies to join me. We'll try to head out in the early afternoon and spend Friday on the dragon.

I'll know more details by Monday.
The 1 series M is the most badass, coolest, sickest BMW to debut since the 1988 M3. The E30 M3 finally has a successor. Please welcome the stupidly fast, wickedly tempered, awkwardly named, possibly perfect little son of a benchmark - Automobile Magazine, August 2011

Appreciate 0
      05-25-2012, 06:35 PM   #5
Dan Parker
Major
United_States
Rep

Sounds good. I'll do my best to leave those days open. As of right now that should work. I have a DE on June 4th @ Road Atl so I'll just leave the sticky rubber and track pads on the car and get more use out of them later that week.
      05-31-2012, 03:02 PM   #6
b33g33
Give '///M' Hell!
United_States
Rep
Drives: Einser Rex

Hey Dan,

I'm going need a rain check for next week. Things are not quiet enough at work for me to take Thursday off and my weekend has been booked for months.

I will be looking to do this in late summer/early fall.
The 1 series M is the most badass, coolest, sickest BMW to debut since the 1988 M3. The E30 M3 finally has a successor. Please welcome the stupidly fast, wickedly tempered, awkwardly named, possibly perfect little son of a benchmark - Automobile Magazine, August 2011

Appreciate 0
      05-31-2012, 05:51 PM   #7
Dan Parker
Major
United_States
Rep

Dang! No Atl representation! I understand though and you are forgiven. It looks like a big group of awesome cars are coming down from the North East so I'll try to get some pics.