06-12-2012, 05:39 AM   #1
edwardio
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: AW 1M COUPE

Detailing

Hi folks...
excuse me if posting in the wrong place.
Im looking at getting my AW 1m AW again,could anyone recommend any detailers.
Im midlands based but dont mind the drive.
Thanks for any suggestions
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2012, 06:11 AM   #2
jan9
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: NA

Hi,I've seen on the detailing world website a company called Midlands Car Care has done a 1M a couple of times. http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/foru...d.php?t=256024 & http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/foru...d.php?t=265265. Website not up and running yet but his email is russ@midlandscarcare.co.uk.

Good luck with the search
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2012, 09:29 AM   #3
Vrumpkin
Seymour J. Vrumpkin
Rep
Drives: BMW 1M

Where in the UK are you located?

UK is home to a handful of the best detailers in the world...

Few choices I highly reccomend..

Jay at Exclusive car care

http://www.exclusivecarcare.co.uk/

Clark + Rich at Polished Bliss

http://www.polishedbliss.co.uk/acata...-services.html
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2012, 09:42 AM   #4
ChrisBuer
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW

I hear Polished Bliss are awesome, although aren't they based up north?

Midlands Car Car have done a few 1M's and you can find their threads on Detailing World.

Here are a few of their threads:

http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/foru...d.php?t=265265

http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/foru...d.php?t=256024
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2012, 09:58 AM   #5
jan9
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: NA

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisBuer View Post
I hear Polished Bliss are awesome, although aren't they based up north?

Midlands Car Car have done a few 1M's and you can find their threads on Detailing World.

Here are a few of their threads:

http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/foru...d.php?t=265265

http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/foru...d.php?t=256024
Chris look up a couple of posts!Great minds think alike!
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2012, 11:22 AM   #6
ChrisBuer
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by jan9 View Post
Chris look up a couple of posts!Great minds think alike!
Oops!

Anyway like you say, great minds and all that
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2012, 11:40 AM   #7
CarJunkie
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: e82 1M, f87 M2cs

Garage List
2020 M2cs  [0.00]
2011 BMW 1M  [0.00]
Why not DIY?

Do you hire a jigolo for your lady, too?
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2012, 11:57 AM   #8
Jezzer
Banned
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Series 1 m coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by edwardio View Post
Hi folks...
excuse me if posting in the wrong place.
Im looking at getting my AW 1m AW again,could anyone recommend any detailers.
Im midlands based but dont mind the drive.
Thanks for any suggestions
You're after best AW at the Ace Cafe aren't you?
Use Marc from Heavenly Detail. He bought up my VO fantastic and Im the hardest person in the world to please. He used Swissvax Crystal Rock IMO the best wax in the world and the wet look in the paint is amazing. When you compare the finish to another VO 1M the difference is so noticeable. Also he has done Aussie on here as well see the pics from http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=700197. PM me for his details if you need his services.
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2012, 12:26 PM   #9
1911A145
Captain
Rep
Drives: 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarJunkie View Post
Why not DIY?

Do you hire a jigolo for your lady, too?
Some people simply do no thave the time nor skill involved in properly detailing a car, nevermind "expensive" car they don't want to mess the paint up on. Sometimes it is easier to pay someone experienced in re-building a motor than it is wasting the enormous man hours and money doing it yourself and making mistakes. Same goes for pretty much all skilled trades like professional detailing.

I hihgly doubt you do EVERYTHING yourself in your life and NEVER pay ANYONE to do anything for you. Because you are just an amazing electrician, plumber, house builder, car detailer, painter, car mechanic, carpenter, landscaper, etc, and have all the time in the world doing all of those things...
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2012, 01:24 PM   #10
CarJunkie
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2020 M2cs  [0.00]
2011 BMW 1M  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1911A145 View Post
I hihgly doubt you do EVERYTHING yourself in your life and NEVER pay ANYONE to do anything for you. Because you are just an amazing electrician, plumber, house builder, car detailer, painter, car mechanic, carpenter, landscaper, etc, and have all the time in the world doing all of those things...
I am not sure where you got all of that. My post was in no way meant to suggest that I do EVERYTHING myself. I am more likely to detail my own car (and hopefully not mess it up) than I am to rebuild my motor or build my own house, but I guess I can see how people from all of those trades may have been offended by my comment. Jeesh.

We all love our cars and detailing is something I see as an expression of that. So is an oil change I suppose, but I see the process of making it look brand new again as satifying and fun, regardless of how many hours it takes. I would not give that up to someone else, and I am sure others feel that way. It has nothing to do with saving money.

My apologies for throwing in a piece of humor. I hope the OP took it that way. If not, I apologize for jacking the thread. People around here need to lighten up.
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2012, 01:39 PM   #11
Aussie_in_London
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 1M, i3 & track built Astra OPC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jezzer View Post
You're after best AW at the Ace Cafe aren't you?
Use Marc from Heavenly Detail. He bought up my VO fantastic and Im the hardest person in the world to please. He used Swissvax Crystal Rock IMO the best wax in the world and the wet look in the paint is amazing. When you compare the finish to another VO 1M the difference is so noticeable. Also he has done Aussie on here as well see the pics from http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=700197. PM me for his details if you need his services.

I like Jez have many of my cars detailed by Marc and would highly recommend.....

Marc does travel .....
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2012, 01:59 PM   #12
ozinaldo
Brigadier General
Portugal
Rep
Drives: 1M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussie_in_London View Post
I like Jez have many of my cars detailed by Marc and would highly recommend.....

Marc does travel .....
The car looks so clean photos look like photo shopped so that you put the image of a ultra clean car in that landscape. Impressive job!
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2012, 02:57 PM   #13
1911A145
Captain
Rep
Drives: 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarJunkie View Post
I am not sure where you got all of that. My post was in no way meant to suggest that I do EVERYTHING myself. I am more likely to detail my own car (and hopefully not mess it up) than I am to rebuild my motor or build my own house, but I guess I can see how people from all of those trades may have been offended by my comment. Jeesh.

We all love our cars and detailing is something I see as an expression of that. So is an oil change I suppose, but I see the process of making it look brand new again as satifying and fun, regardless of how many hours it takes. I would not give that up to someone else, and I am sure others feel that way. It has nothing to do with saving money.

My apologies for throwing in a piece of humor. I hope the OP took it that way. If not, I apologize for jacking the thread. People around here need to lighten up.
As much as I LOVE detailing my own car, and spending the entire weekend (sometimes) performing paint corrective work, sealents, waxes, interior, undercarriage, etc, many of us simply just dont have the time. I am leaving the house at 6am and return home at 11pm mon -friday. by the time the weekend comes there is just so much I need to do that the car will get neglected for months at a time. It is nice to be able to drop the car off to a very good reputable detailer and pick it up in perfect, like new condition, then it is spending my entire weekend cleaning it and going back to my routine on monday all over again while getting nothing done. If I had a slack job, wasnt in med school, and didnt have family and girlfriend to always cater too then I'm sure I could fit it in more often like you, or others here. That is all I was trying to get across to you. I wasnt trying to offend you or anyone else, just trying for you to understand the other side of it.
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2012, 04:58 PM   #14
CarJunkie
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2020 M2cs  [0.00]
2011 BMW 1M  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1911A145 View Post
If I had a slack job, wasnt in med school, and didnt have family and girlfriend to always cater too then I'm sure I could fit it in more often like you, or others here. That is all I was trying to get across to you. I wasnt trying to offend you or anyone else, just trying for you to understand the other side of it.
No worries, been there.
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2012, 06:27 AM   #15
edwardio
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: AW 1M COUPE

wow im loving this...many thanks for the replies folks
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2012, 09:21 AM   #16
Vrumpkin
Seymour J. Vrumpkin
Rep
Drives: BMW 1M

Quote:
Originally Posted by edwardio View Post
wow im loving this...many thanks for the replies folks
There are some fantastic detailers in the US but overall I would say the UK standard is higher. Lots of great choices... get it done once properly and from there on out maintenance should be pie
Appreciate 0