New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST > BMW Z4 Forum (E89) > Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications

06-13-2012, 11:01 AM   #1
alexus
boomshakalaka
United_States
Rep
Drives: 435i xDrive MSport (F30)

Garage List
tow hook

I'm currently located at NYC, NY and parking here is forget about it. I'm having an issue leaving my car on the streets as I'm afraid someone bump into me and scratch my bumper, so what my friend proposed (and that's what his doing himself) he put tow hook in front and back and that somewhat protects his bumper against people who can't park.

so i went to eBay and purchased what seems to be similar tow hook as what he has, but when they arrived i couldn't mount them as turns out that they are short and even if i do manage somehow fit them there, i think it'll cause more damage if someone hit me as they're barely sticking out and whatever long story short they dont fit properly so here is my question

does anyone use one / knows where to get one that fits properly ?

i have 2010 z4 drive30i
Appreciate 0
      06-13-2012, 10:17 PM   #2
Alpha_Zulu
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 Z4 35is, Alpine White

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexus View Post
I'm currently located at NYC, NY and parking here is forget about it. I'm having an issue leaving my car on the streets as I'm afraid someone bump into me and scratch my bumper, so what my friend proposed (and that's what his doing himself) he put tow hook in front and back and that somewhat protects his bumper against people who can't park.

so i went to eBay and purchased what seems to be similar tow hook as what he has, but when they arrived i couldn't mount them as turns out that they are short and even if i do manage somehow fit them there, i think it'll cause more damage if someone hit me as they're barely sticking out and whatever long story short they dont fit properly so here is my question

does anyone use one / knows where to get one that fits properly ?

i have 2010 z4 drive30i
I was just in NYC on vacation. I wouldn't even THINK about parking my car in the city. The only time I'd park my car would be like after midnight where you know someone wouldn't park near you, but chances are they will anyways.

My cousin and I parked near the TGI Fridays in Time Square, no one parked behind him the 5 hours we were there.

But personally I wouldn't even consider parking my car in the city.

Period end of story.
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2012, 11:07 AM   #3
wdlfbio
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2013 4S, 2015 3500 HD Dually,

I leave my ball on my truck just for that reason. People can hit that all they want.

Don't you have the stock hooks? We just picked up our Z 35Is (euro delivery) and there are two hooks under the passenger seat.
Appreciate 0