E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - NY / NJ / CT / PA > best place to have HFS-4 installed

06-15-2012, 01:40 PM   #1
3-Serious
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: AP e92 335i

best place to have HFS-4 installed

So I know there's a sticky on local shops, but I'd like to hear some opions. Im gettin my HFS-4 kit in the mail today says fed ex and want to start planning my attack. I want to install it ASAP but I feel like meth is a risky install and I don't want to go to the wrong shop. It'd be a bonus if the shop can tune it as well as I'm running Cobb, but if not I could always wait to a later date to have it tuned as long as its installed properly. Id also be down for a member to install it as long as they've done it before. Any advice would be appreciated (also its a trunk mounted kit the twin tank by Jeff Howerton)

Nick
      06-15-2012, 01:53 PM   #2
benzy89
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 E90 335i

Garage List
2008 BMW 335i  [7.50]
Since you're running the COBB tune you might want to get Akuma Motorsports (Woodbridge, NJ) to do the install. They're doing exactly what you're looking for (the install & tuning) for another forum user, woptang22. I'm not sure if he's getting the meth trunk mounted, but they'll be making him a custom ATP Map to run with the meth.

Last time I spoke with him he said that the car would be ready next week. Very excited to see his numbers.
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2012, 01:58 PM   #3
M BROK3
Major
Rep
Drives: F95 , G80 M3, F80 M3, E92 M3

Petrolwerks in Lindenhurst for the install, in case you don't want to travel to NJ.

COTM Pics Here
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2012, 03:31 PM   #4
3-Serious
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by benzy89 View Post
Since you're running the COBB tune you might want to get Akuma Motorsports (Woodbridge, NJ) to do the install. They're doing exactly what you're looking for (the install & tuning) for another forum user, woptang22. I'm not sure if he's getting the meth trunk mounted, but they'll be making him a custom ATP Map to run with the meth.

Last time I spoke with him he said that the car would be ready next week. Very excited to see his numbers.
Yeah I checked them out off the Cobb running website maybe ill give them a call. I was also thinking about this place called tach motor works which my friends swear by, plus they have this tuner named JR there that everyone raves about. I guess ill give them both a call.
      06-15-2012, 03:58 PM   #5
RevC
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: a couple fast toys

def go to Akuma, tell them i sent you. You can have the car tuned the same day in most cases, the install isn't that lengthy.

SGM e92 335xi|Helix|AFE|AWE|PROCEDE|SYNAPSE|ER|OSS|BMW PERFORMANCE|P3|always growing..
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2012, 04:08 PM   #6
benzy89
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 E90 335i

Garage List
2008 BMW 335i  [7.50]
Look at the Akuma Staff Profiles & read John's

http://www.akumamotorsports.com/company/staff.html
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2012, 05:28 PM   #7
sA x sKy
Sameet
Bangladesh
Rep
Drives: AY/B M4 '15

Garage List
2015 BMW M4  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickkg37s View Post
Yeah I checked them out off the Cobb running website maybe ill give them a call. I was also thinking about this place called tach motor works which my friends swear by, plus they have this tuner named JR there that everyone raves about. I guess ill give them both a call.
I would get it installed at PetrolWerks then go to Tach for tuning. Both are great shops but Tach is focused mostly on evo's whereas Petrol has decent BMW experience.
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2012, 06:15 PM   #8
themyst
Major General
South Korea
Rep
Drives: '16 MK7 GTI

Looks like you finally dumped the Procede heh. How's Cobb working out for you?
      06-15-2012, 08:06 PM   #9
3-Serious
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by themyst View Post
Looks like you finally dumped the Procede heh. How's Cobb working out for you?
Loving it! fuel trims don't go over 16! On stage 2 aggressive while on the PROcede I was maxed out all the time! Also logs look clean solid AFR and steady boost so I'm defiantly happy with the switch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sA x sKy View Post
I would get it installed at PetrolWerks then go to Tach for tuning. Both are great shops but Tach is focused mostly on evo's whereas Petrol has decent BMW experience.
Ill check them out where are they located? and yeah I actually heard not so good things about Tach installs. But this guy JR from who works there from what I hear is a tuning beast!

And to everyone else Ill give Akuma a call tomorrow if there open and see what they say. I was also suggested to go to Nightshift Performance which was one Turbo Trix another on of my friends swears by it for install purposes.