2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 BMW 5-Series (F10) Forums Regional Forums UK UK F10/F11 July 2013 Changes

06-16-2012, 03:01 PM   #1
MPH
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F10 530D SE 2013 Imperial Blue

UK F10/F11 July 2013 Changes

Attached are the UK July 2013 changes:

UK Product July 2013 Changes/Additions F10 F11 5 Series Product Actions 0712_2.pdf
UK July 2013 Options List with Prices F10ProductLibrary.2013.MY.pdf
UK Multifunction Display Bulletin 6WB Multifunctional Instrument panel - 6WB Multifunctional Instrument panel - F10_11_2.pdf

Some changes not highlighted in Product Changes ie Comfort Access pack includes the remote boot (trunk) opening with the foot swipe and the Lane Departure Warning system now includes approach control warning. But the MFID/HUD question still remains uncertain

Quote from my dealer:

I have double checked on BMW’s quotation / ordering system and by selecting the multi functional display (MFD), it prompts me to remove the HUD (as well as the Black Panel display). The MFD option is available with the Media Package – BMW Professional (ZMP) but not with the Plus package (ZMQ)

Although this is a bit self-contradictory as the Options List clearly states that 6WB Multi Functional Instrument Display (MFID) can be selected with ZMQ..... in combination with ZMQ Media package - Professional Multimedia Plus at £255 extra
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2012, 06:35 AM   #2
MPH
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep

Dealer checked with BMW Product team and you definitely cannot have the new MFID (6WB) with the HUD and all the BMW literature that says you can is wrong!
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2012, 02:47 PM   #3
Matt in Berkshire
Rep
Drives: E86

Their literature is madness at the moment, their hybrid 5 within the specs has a top speed of 250mph and lower mpg than the 550i.......

Many thanks for posting this, very timely although gutted my screen will be smaller than current. Even though it will be too small a difference to notice, I will know!!
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2012, 09:51 AM   #4
MPH
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep

...and someone in Germany has just posted that his car will definitely have the HUD AND MFID...

Is the UK missing out or is someone getting wrong information?
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2012, 12:10 PM   #5
clarence
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: F30 328i M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPH View Post
...and someone in Germany has just posted that his car will definitely have the HUD AND MFID...

Is the UK missing out or is someone getting wrong information?
Unfortunately the info is correct, & UK is missing out on this combination.
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2012, 12:48 PM   #6
StealthBomber
Rep
Drives: 530d F11

July 2012
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2012, 03:43 PM   #7
MPH
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by StealthBomber View Post
July 2012
For BMW it is the July MY2013 changes - which come into effect July 2012 - is this what you meant?

I'll edit the thread name if It's confusing people.....
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2012, 03:48 PM   #8
MPH
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by clarence View Post
Unfortunately the info is correct, & UK is missing out on this combination.
The BMW configurator now has these changes. Bizarrely it still states that you can have the MFID with the HUD but deletes the HUD if you add the MFID and the MFID if you select the HUD.......
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2012, 03:49 PM   #9
MPH
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
For BMW it is the July MY2013 changes - which come into effect July 2012 - is this what you meant?

I'll edit the thread name if It's confusing people.....
How do I edit the thread name?
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2012, 02:27 PM   #10
arnsbrae
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW 520d

Quote:
How do I edit the thread name?
I wouldn't bother - it's fine...
      07-04-2012, 05:28 AM   #11
kaysquare
Registered
Rep
Drives: GSE20

Hi guys, a new user to this forum, so please be patient.. Am seriously considering going down the road of diesels hence have several questions.

I'm interested in an F10 and noted the subtle changes for MY13.

Have a few quick questions, so mods, feel free to move to another thread if deemed inappropriate for this.

1. Instrument cluster on the dash. UK specs reading for speed is mph on the outer ring, kmh on the inner ring. Is it possible/difficult to swap it the other way (ie kmh on the outer ring, mph on the inner ring)? Or to get 1 that is a pure kmh speedo?

2. The 520d Efficient Dynamics is a very interesting model, however, comes with certain limitations. Is it still possible to retrofit options that were previously not availble in the spec sheet as per the regular 520d SE?

3. The engine block again, on the 520d Efficient Dynamics is the same as the 520d SE. Will a chip upgrade from AC Schnitzer work as well?

4. Is it safe to go through a broker to find the cheapest deal, as compared to going directly to the dealer to purchase a car? On average, how much discount can one expect?

Any answers/comments are most appreciated.
Appreciate 0
      07-04-2012, 05:54 AM   #12
AP
Major General
Rep
Drives: G30 M550

Kaysqaure
My take on your questions
1. Instrument cluster on the dash. UK specs reading for speed is mph on the outer ring, kmh on the inner ring. Is it possible/difficult to swap it the other way (ie kmh on the outer ring, mph on the inner ring)? Or to get 1 that is a pure kmh speedo?

I doubt it , you might be able to get the parts but sounds like a bit of a mightmare. This setup is presumably regulation for Uk cars. all cars to my knowledge for the Uk are configured this way, not just BMW. a European spec car may be different but the steering wheel will proabbly be on the other side!

2. The 520d Efficient Dynamics is a very interesting model, however, comes with certain limitations. Is it still possible to retrofit options that were previously not availble in the spec sheet as per the regular 520d SE?

Don't see why not, its just a anotehr verison of the 5 series .

3. The engine block again, on the 520d Efficient Dynamics is the same as the 520d SE. Will a chip upgrade from AC Schnitzer work as well?

Got ask why you are interested in the mdoel thats aimed at being economical and yet you want to chip it?
I'd suggest going for a normal 520d or a 525d if you want a bit more power.

4. Is it safe to go through a broker to find the cheapest deal, as compared to going directly to the dealer to purchase a car? On average, how much discount can one expect?

No experience but sure others here can offer comments on that
Appreciate 0
      07-04-2012, 06:11 AM   #13
kaysquare
Registered
Rep
Drives: GSE20

Quote:
Originally Posted by AP View Post
Kaysqaure
My take on your questions

I doubt it , you might be able to get the parts but sounds like a bit of a mightmare. This setup is presumably regulation for Uk cars. all cars to my knowledge for the Uk are configured this way, not just BMW. a European spec car may be different but the steering wheel will proabbly be on the other side!

Don't see why not, its just a anotehr verison of the 5 series .

Got ask why you are interested in the mdoel thats aimed at being economical and yet you want to chip it?
I'd suggest going for a normal 520d or a 525d if you want a bit more power.

No experience but sure others here can offer comments on that
Dear AP, thanks for replying so quickly. Re point 3, the simplest reason would be for tax purposes.

I do know that it is part of UK spec and that there is a part number to replace the entire instrument cluster! But I feel that it would be a little too extreme. Not too well versed in the instrument cluster, but simple thought that it was just changing the bezel on the speedo?

Oh, 1 more question! Is there a way to collect the car in Germany? The dealer I checked with gave a flat no! It would be lovely to be able to drive arond Germany first!
Appreciate 0