2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 BMW 5-Series (F10) Forums Regional Forums UK Cinnamon Leather & corresponding dashboard

06-17-2012, 12:29 PM   #1
Matt in Berkshire
Rep
Drives: E86

Cinnamon Leather & corresponding dashboard

Hi guys,

I'm hoping someone can help me here.

The BMW configurator, and every picture I can find of the Cinnamon leather shows the bottom part of the dash (below the trim) as a similar colour to the leather.

The brochure I picked up this morning from the dealer mentions the option is Cinnamon/black, which based on his recommendation of going for Oyster/black would suggest this bottom part of the dash should be black.

The dealer was less than clear to be honest, but then it's not his money!

Can anybody clarify whether the configurator and pictures are in face correct, or whether this was a change to the spec at some point & the online build your Beemer has not yet been changed.

Much as I like the oyster, it just feels a little predictable and was thinking about something different; but the plastic colour is putting me off a little. On my prior E60 it was only the seats not the dash that changed colour.

The ideal would be someone with the seats able to let me see them before I order!

Thanks in advance

Matt
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2012, 03:10 PM   #2
AP
Major General
Rep
Drives: G30 M550

as I'm sure you have, looked through the interior shots on this website, it looks like the trim is the saem colour as the leather.
Unless someelse comes back with some photos to suggest otherwise, I'd push your dealer to get it in writing .if they are not 100%, then get BMW to confirm preferably with some photos.

If its not possible, not sure wherther BMW can do a one off, might cost you load of money potentially though. might be worth asking though.
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2012, 01:52 PM   #3
Matt in Berkshire
Rep

Agree, all the photos seem to suggest it matches, might drop BMW uk a line and see their response.

Would probably cost a fortune to get done bespoke & probably look like the least exciting pseudo individual out there!
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2012, 02:02 PM   #4
AP
Major General
Rep
Drives: G30 M550

another idea (again I doubt not cheap) would be to order as is but separetly order the trim parts in black or what ever colour it is you require.
Don't know how big a deal it is to replace those but might be an other option to consider.
Each part must have a part numebr so in thoery this may be the easiest way to achive that?
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2012, 12:15 PM   #5
mroll320
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 530d

if your thinking of cinnamon leather, take a look at the leeds dealer. They have an m-sport that they have been trying to shift for ages and now is listed a grand under normal colour prices..
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2012, 02:35 PM   #6
Matt in Berkshire
Rep

Thanks for the heads up, will have a look.

However I have (I think) worked out the BMW wording.

The colour after the / in eg. Cinnamon/black, refers to the colour of the carpet.

This explains why oyster/black pictures still have the cream lower section to the dash.

In which case I certainly do not want to go with cinnamon.

Decisions now rest on black leather, or the oyster with black carpets....hmmm

Matt
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2012, 06:04 AM   #7
samf
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 Competition

I had cinnamon and sophisto grey, it looked stunning, my dealer sold my car in a day. It doesn't detract from resale and the photos do not do it justice - you need to see it in the flesh. It works with most all the colours but looks especially good with greys and silver. The lower half of the dash is brown, but if you go for the dark anthracite wood trim which integrates the brown to the black it looks great. Everyone who rode in my 5'er said how lovely it looked inside
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2012, 03:05 PM   #8
HighlandPete
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: BMW F11 535i Touring

Quote:
Originally Posted by samf View Post
I had cinnamon and sophisto grey, it looked stunning, .....and the photos do not do it justice - you need to see it in the flesh.
Totally agree, picked up my F11 535i touring in cinnamon and sophisto grey, just yesterday.

Would not have been my choice if I was speccing new, but it is one class act and yes, grabs attention. When mine arrived on the dealer forecourt, they could have sold it within minutes, the first guy to see it parked there was straight in to buy it, there and then.

HighlandPete
Appreciate 0
      09-20-2012, 01:31 PM   #9
csandy
Rep
Drives: 330 ci Clubsport

On the oyster/black trim, it's not just the carpets that are black. If you look on the configuration, the top & bottom sections of the doors are also black. That's one reason why I've chosen it, I didn't want all oyster.
Appreciate 0
      09-21-2012, 02:16 AM   #10
HighlandPete
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: BMW F11 535i Touring

Quote:
Originally Posted by csandy View Post
On the oyster/black trim, it's not just the carpets that are black. If you look on the configuration, the top & bottom sections of the doors are also black. That's one reason why I've chosen it, I didn't want all oyster.
Same for the cinnamon brown combination. Sets it out in a balanced way.

Peter
Appreciate 0