E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Anyone throw a racing harness in their e90?

06-17-2012, 11:25 PM   #1
kiwi29
Team iTouge
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 M-Tech 328i

Anyone throw a racing harness in their e90?

I've been trying to search up racing harness for my car but only schroth makes them. sadly, only for the older ones. Does anyone know if the older e36 or e39 4 pt harness will work for my car? I'm looking at the direct bolt in ones as well. If you guys have pics, it'd help me a lot too thank you
Driving is like having sex.
It really is. You can read up all you want about how to please a woman, you can look at all the diagrams in the world, but just like the clitoris, you won't know what the hell an apex is before you actually find it.
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2012, 11:47 PM   #2
username604
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: bmw

Garage List
2008 BMW 335i  [10.00]
Jeez I would love a 4 pt harness! especially since the stock sport seats are so darn good
Not sure where they would bolt to without the seats removed
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2012, 04:05 AM   #3
kiwi29
Team iTouge
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verbatim View Post
Jeez I would love a 4 pt harness! especially since the stock sport seats are so darn good
Not sure where they would bolt to without the seats removed
Schroth claims a direct bolt on using stock points, they bolt direct into the buckles and where the stock seat belts are
It really is. You can read up all you want about how to please a woman, you can look at all the diagrams in the world, but just like the clitoris, you won't know what the hell an apex is before you actually find it.
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2012, 04:34 AM   #4
Route 16
I got lei'd
Philippines
Rep
Drives: '10 E90 M3

On stock car seats? I was thinking of red recaro seats with stock seat belt, I don't know the install of a race harness to connect to the stock buckle so I won't have a light on the dash.
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2012, 08:23 AM   #5
Turb0Surge
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: BLACK e90 335i

Idk man... Racing harness? Unless it's your track car, it seems kinda rice-ey. And VERY impractical. Lol in my experience you have adjust the harness everytime you wana touch the radio.
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2012, 09:06 AM   #6
Bronze
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 335i sedan

Garage List
2008 BMW 335i  [0.00]
After tracking my car this past weekend, I can definitely see some added benefit to a harness despite the good lateral support of the sport seats.

Schroth used to have sets (for other cars) that snapped into the rear seat belts and stretched over the driver's seat. But they always seemed to be for the "prior version of any car." Maybe there is no market for them until cars started getting old enough to be hacked apart for track-only duty.
      06-18-2012, 03:15 PM   #7
kiwi29
Team iTouge
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Route 16 View Post
On stock car seats? I was thinking of red recaro seats with stock seat belt, I don't know the install of a race harness to connect to the stock buckle so I won't have a light on the dash.
It actually bucklesinto the stock buckles both front and rear
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turb0Surge View Post
Idk man... Racing harness? Unless it's your track car, it seems kinda rice-ey. And VERY impractical. Lol in my experience you have adjust the harness everytime you wana touch the radio.
I'm actually planning on tracking my car in the very near future. I already race in the mountains and just want some added safety and plus I love how a harness feels. These harnesses from schroth let you move freely when normally moving and holds stiff in an event of heavy braking or in an accident scenario
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronze View Post
After tracking my car this past weekend, I can definitely see some added benefit to a harness despite the good lateral support of the sport seats.

Schroth used to have sets (for other cars) that snapped into the rear seat belts and stretched over the driver's seat. But they always seemed to be for the "prior version of any car." Maybe there is no market for them until cars started getting old enough to be hacked apart for track-only duty.
That's what I was thinking, but maybe now adays, they seemed to see that a harness bar is more safer but less practical for the people that want both a DD and a weekend trackcar. I honestly wouldn't wanna weld on a bar or even bolt it down unless I'm 100% commited to a track only car. Do you know what would be the item that snaps? Is it the harness or the stock buckles themselves?
Appreciate 0