Next Level Auto Brokers
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > BMW M3 (F80) and BMW M4 (F82) General Forum

06-19-2012, 09:31 AM   #1
richardg
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: MacanGTS, 991.2GT3, E63wagon

All the cool stuff I hope for and a few concerns

I am very excited for the new car. I am coming around to the idea of having a turbo M car. As long as there is no perceivable lag and it rev's to a good 7500 or more. I think this is reasonable. I am really hoping the new M3 comes on 19s standard. I know the price is going to be very high so I think that would be a nice touch and would offer more value against it's competitors. I also think full LED headlamps would be awesome for these cars but I feel this is something BMW will save for an LCI. I noticed the other day that the tail lamps on the f30 appear to be halogen. I could be wrong, and I hope I am. What I am most excited about is the weight. While I am sure it won't be 3200lbs I wouldn't mind seeing a 3400lbs car. I would think that would be awesome. Also please don't make the coupe that much larger. I know it is inevitably going to be bigger, but please make it barely so. Otherwise I may wait for a M2 or whatever.

What I am concerned with is the brakes for the new F80/82. From all the spy photos it looks like the car is using the same brakes as the F80 performance brakes. Personally I think if they shared the brakes from the new M5/6 they could not only fit larger more attractive brakes but also lower costs for them with higher production volume. All while adding just one more aspect of exclusivity to the car. I am sure whatever they choose will be more than enough to stop the car in a hurry. I really was hoping to have some massive 6 piston fronts and 4 piston rears. Another area of concern is power. I have a feeling that this upcoming generation of M3 and its competition will be closer matched than any other previous generation simply because of power. Much of the competition has come a long way in chassis dynamics. I feel that when paired with the higher power output that we see from marques such as Mercedes, the new m3/4 may not be as competitive as in the past. If the new f80/82 ONLY has 450hp is that going to be enough? Ideally I would like to see power around 470-480hp. I think this is something that affects the performance automotive industry as a whole. Seems like everything these days (sans FRS/BRZ which I drove and its awesome) has a bomb under the hood. Either way I am super excited but BMW if you are listening give me those sexy blue monstrosities off of the M5, please and thank you!

Last edited by richardg; 06-19-2012 at 04:50 PM..
Appreciate 0