E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > The Best Test Drive EVER!!!

07-08-2007, 08:50 AM   #1
bronco
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: e92

The Best Test Drive EVER!!!

Good morning guys, I know it is very early in the morning for some of you, but I could not wait to share my test drive experience from yesterday.

Here is how my day developed yesterday:

(NOTE: Keep in mind that I have already test drove all these cars a few months ago, except the Jaguar SR)

Woke up, and decided that I will go test drive the new G35 6 speed, the IS350, the 335i 6 speed, and a used Jaguar S-Type SR.

The G35 was a complete disapointment (the clutch is the worst I've ever driven)...I dont care how much cheaper than the BMW this car is, it is a NO NO for me!

The Lexus was OK car, but too smal for me and no 6 speed. Not to mention that there is no road feel. No offense you Lexus guys, but Lexus has some more work to do before I reconcider it for a sports sedan. The big LS460 is a different game.

The Jaguar was a monster! I almost got hooked to the handling and steering. Very sharp and sticks to the road like a wet spunge, and the torque just snaps your neck.

Then it was time for the 335i. It was already 5:15pm, but still called Gloal Imports and asked for a 6 speed 335 to test drive. I was told that they dont have one, but they have one that is an automatic. I decided to go check it out anyways, even tho I am buying a manual, I wanted to see how the 335 compares to the Jag's 410 pounds of torque.

We arrived at the dealership at arround 5:30pm. We were reffered to Mr. Rob Collini (QwazyWabbit here on e90post.com).
Let me tell you - Rob Collini is one heck of a guy :rocks:
He is top notch sales guy and really, really knows what he sells.
It is very hard to find a good sales guy these days that can answer all of your questions, and to see him talk about the car in question with so much passion and energy.

After he quickly intrroduced himself and grabbed the keys to the silver e90 auto (no sports packagage and no premium) we headed to the most impressive test drive I hve ever experienced.

Rob went above and beyond to show what this car is capable of doing. Even without the sports package, I was blasted by the way the car behaved and handled.

Rob was kind enough to let my father test drive the 335 as well.

I could not believe that the auto transmission worked so well, and that the 335 felt as fast as the Jaguar SR. The Jag had more corvette type of handling, where the BMW was wiggly and shaky, but I know this was in part due to the lack of sport pack.

By the time we came back from the test drive it was already past 6 pm, and even tho the official office hours on the dealership were 9-6 on Saturdays, Rob stayed with us and we went over some finance vs. lease, pricing, 2008 model etc. questions. I could not feel pressured to leave for one sec.

Anyways, I just want to say that I am definately NOT getting the Jaguar, because it was the only car of the above noted, and test driven, that was close to the BMW experience.

Combine the 335 performace, comfort, and style with the amazing treatment that we received from Mr. Collini, and you get a 100% winner

Have a great day!
      07-08-2007, 09:35 AM   #2
theYardie
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW 335I (e92)

I generally don't trust sales guys (CA), so it's refreshing to read a post that puts a CA in a positive light. Good job for giving the man props.
      07-08-2007, 09:39 AM   #3
Romo
Lieutenant Colonel
Netherlands
Rep
Drives: GR Yaris GT4RS

Good cars sell themselves.............................
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2007, 09:49 AM   #4
ksfrogman
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 330i 6MT

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
2006 330i  [0.00]
I wonder what you might think of the G37. I drove a G35 auto, and was actually impressed. It definitely had a different road feel; felt a little more isolated from the road. I didn't care for the plastic appearance of the cockpit, but imagine the new G has been redesigned.
      07-08-2007, 09:51 AM   #5
achien
AC
Canada
Rep
Drives: E90 Post Members Crazy

while you are at it, test drive the Pontiac G8 too and tell us what you think...
      07-08-2007, 10:01 AM   #6
purplewidow
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: e92 335

all you have to do is look at the total cost of ownership...the bmw is actually cheaper to own than a g35 and the lexus thx to the amazing resale value of bmw's... all i know is a buddy of mine is a japohholic(lover of sti's evos and such) after i go my car and the announcement of the 135 he is even like screw the evo i am waiting for a 135....it is amazing how much my e92 335 impresses people when they get inside of it!!!!
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2007, 10:33 AM   #7
bronco
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksfrogman View Post
I wonder what you might think of the G37. I drove a G35 auto, and was actually impressed. It definitely had a different road feel; felt a little more isolated from the road. I didn't care for the plastic appearance of the cockpit, but imagine the new G has been redesigned.
I havnt driven one yet, but I am sure it would have the same crappy cluth...Shame on Infiniti
      07-08-2007, 11:09 AM   #8
William
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 328i w/ hamann kit

I've been thinking about testing out the Jag. but not really
still I could tell you were typing that down with excitement
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2007, 11:09 AM   #9
Enkur
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 M3 Comp xDrive

Garage List
2011 BMW 328i  [0.00]
I wasnt sure if you test drove a sedan or the coupe. But on the coupe the sports package only adds sports seat, ups the limiter and different wheels. The sports suspension is standard on the coupe.
Maybe you should go back and test drive the coupe to get the feel for the suspension.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronco View Post
Rob went above and beyond to show what this car is capable of doing. Even without the sports package, I was blasted by the way the car behaved and handled.
I could not believe that the auto transmission worked so well, and that the 335 felt as fast as the Jaguar SR. The Jag had more corvette type of handling, where the BMW was wiggly and shaky, but I know this was in part due to the lack of sport pack.
      07-08-2007, 11:50 AM   #10
bronco
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enkur View Post
I wasnt sure if you test drove a sedan or the coupe. But on the coupe the sports package only adds sports seat, ups the limiter and different wheels. The sports suspension is standard on the coupe.
Maybe you should go back and test drive the coupe to get the feel for the suspension.
it was a sedan --> "After he quickly intrroduced himself and grabbed the keys to the silver e90 auto (no sports packagage and no premium) we headed to the most impressive test drive I hve ever experienced."

I know I wrote a lot and it is easy to miss it.
      07-08-2007, 01:47 PM   #11
SpdFreak
Rep
Drives: -

I spoke to some dealers, BMW and others.

Do they let you testdrive right away? Or did you have bs to them?

I haven't driven stick in a while but feel confident that I won't stall. Smoothness on the other hand won't be great...Practice makes perfect.
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2007, 01:56 PM   #12
GeorgiaTech335coupe
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Black BMW 335i coupe

the BMW dealership I went let me test drive right away, despite my age. No BS needed, my CA even insisted on letting my brother drive, too. He actually called to schedule another test drive when the 6speed wasn't available and when it started raining. It's been my experience that they rather let you test drive the car than try to explain how sweet it it.
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2007, 08:14 PM   #13
bronco
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpdFreak View Post
I spoke to some dealers, BMW and others.

Do they let you testdrive right away? Or did you have bs to them?

I haven't driven stick in a while but feel confident that I won't stall. Smoothness on the other hand won't be great...Practice makes perfect.
I always take the easy way - I call them if I am in the area and in the mood of a test drive, and tell them that I am interested in the car and need to test drive it. So, far no BS
      07-08-2007, 08:53 PM   #14
allenone973
private first class
United_States
Rep
Drives: Silver/BLK 328 sedan 6spd

Quote:
Good morning guys, I know it is very early in the morning for some of you, but I could not wait to share my test drive experience from yesterday.

Here is how my day developed yesterday:

(NOTE: Keep in mind that I have already test drove all these cars a few months ago, except the Jaguar SR)

Woke up, and decided that I will go test drive the new G35 6 speed, the IS350, the 335i 6 speed, and a used Jaguar S-Type SR.

The G35 was a complete disapointment (the clutch is the worst I've ever driven)...I dont care how much cheaper than the BMW this car is, it is a NO NO for me!

The Lexus was OK car, but too smal for me and no 6 speed. Not to mention that there is no road feel. No offense you Lexus guys, but Lexus has some more work to do before I reconcider it for a sports sedan. The big LS460 is a different game.

The Jaguar was a monster! I almost got hooked to the handling and steering. Very sharp and sticks to the road like a wet spunge, and the torque just snaps your neck.

Then it was time for the 335i. It was already 5:15pm, but still called Gloal Imports and asked for a 6 speed 335 to test drive. I was told that they dont have one, but they have one that is an automatic. I decided to go check it out anyways, even tho I am buying a manual, I wanted to see how the 335 compares to the Jag's 410 pounds of torque.

We arrived at the dealership at arround 5:30pm. We were reffered to Mr. Rob Collini (QwazyWabbit here on e90post.com).
Let me tell you - Rob Collini is one heck of a guy :rocks:
He is top notch sales guy and really, really knows what he sells.
It is very hard to find a good sales guy these days that can answer all of your questions, and to see him talk about the car in question with so much passion and energy.

After he quickly intrroduced himself and grabbed the keys to the silver e90 auto (no sports packagage and no premium) we headed to the most impressive test drive I hve ever experienced.

Rob was kind enough to let my father test drive the 335 as well.

By the time we came back from the test drive it was already past 6 pm, and even tho the official office hours on the dealership were 9-6 on Saturdays, Rob stayed with us and we went over some finance vs. lease, pricing, 2008 model etc. questions. I could not feel pressured to leave for one sec.

Anyways, I just want to say that I am definately NOT getting the Jaguar, because it was the only car of the above noted, and test driven, that was close to the BMW experience.

Combine the 335 performace, comfort, and style with the amazing treatment that we received from Mr. Collini, and you get a 100% winner

Have a great day!
I work with Rob at Global and he is a great guy. most of us at Global (especially the young guys) are true enthusiasts and you can definetly count on me and Rob to show you a good time and make you a great deal on your next BMW....

Allen B. 07 silver 328i 6spd ZSP, assist, heated fronts
Woodstock, GA

Last edited by allenone973; 07-08-2007 at 09:27 PM..
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2007, 09:20 PM   #15
flush01
Major
Rep
Drives: 33m@%#ing5

i felt the same way, there's no competition for 335 in its class....
Appreciate 0
      07-09-2007, 09:01 AM   #16
bronco
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by allenone973 View Post
I work with Rob at Global and he is a great guy. most of us at Global (especially the young guys) are true enthusiasts and you can definetly count on me and Rob to show you a good time and make you a great deal on your next BMW....
I am waiting for the 2008 model to come out and then I am ordering. Thanks!
      07-09-2007, 09:01 AM   #17
achien
AC
Canada
Rep
Drives: E90 Post Members Crazy

Quote:
I am waiting for the 2008 model to come out and then I am ordering. Thanks!
Good luck with the wait...
      07-09-2007, 09:31 AM   #18
bronco
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by achien View Post
Good luck with the wait...
Yeah....it is making me crazy. And once I order, I will have to wait moooooore
      07-09-2007, 09:37 AM   #19
allenone973
private first class
United_States
Rep
Drives: Silver/BLK 328 sedan 6spd

Wink

you won't have to wait too much longer, we are already booked up on 2007 ordering for the coupes and convertibles. in about a month you can come see me and order your 2008!! ask for allen!

Allen B. 07 silver 328i 6spd ZSP, assist, heated fronts
Woodstock, GA
Appreciate 0
      07-09-2007, 09:47 AM   #20
bronco
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by allenone973 View Post
you won't have to wait too much longer, we are already booked up on 2007 ordering for the coupes and convertibles. in about a month you can come see me and order your 2008!! ask for allen!
I will probably be able to order in a month or so, but when will my order go in production?
      07-09-2007, 09:53 AM   #21
tomegun
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 528, 428 GC

Garage List
2014 BMW 528i  [0.00]
So you are just going to swoop in and take the sale from Rob?
I'm not saying you aren't good or just as good as Rob, but if someone treated me that good I would go back to them when it is time to buy.
Appreciate 0
      07-09-2007, 09:56 AM   #22
bronco
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomegun View Post
So you are just going to swoop in and take the sale from Rob?
I'm not saying you aren't good or just as good as Rob, but if someone treated me that good I would go back to them when it is time to buy.
OK, lets not start a fight here

I think we all know where I will go when the time is right. But then again, it is a competitive world that we live in, and money TALKS

I was just asking informative questions, nothing else.