New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST > BMW Z4 Forum (E89) > Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications

06-30-2012, 04:03 AM   #1
san4ever
Sweden
Rep
Drives: sDrive35i

Stett Performance

Anyone else experience problems with Stett and shipping of ordered goods??

Ordered and paid the Z4 FMIC kit and the DDV kit in the beginning of May and so far NADA. Chad sended me an USPS tracking number some days ago but it turns out to only be an electronic prenotification so obviously the goods is not shipped yet.

http://www.hellhopp.se/
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2012, 07:21 AM   #2
The_Hulk
Private
Rep
Drives: Alpine White 35i

Garage List
BMW Z4 35i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by san4ever View Post
Anyone else experience problems with Stett and shipping of ordered goods??

Ordered and paid the Z4 FMIC kit and the DDV kit in the beginning of May and so far NADA. Chad sended me an USPS tracking number some days ago but it turns out to only be an electronic prenotification so obviously the goods is not shipped yet.
I had the same problems when i ordered a charge pipe from this company.
I was waiting two months for it to be powder coated and shipped.

Sounds like this is regular problem with this company.
I would not order again as i had to do a lot of chasing up.

The product was good quality when it arrived.

Hope this helps
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2012, 07:29 AM   #3
jannisa
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Z4 Sdrive35i

Similar shite happened to me too about 18 months ago.
The package was ''lost'' the first time, 2 weeks later they sent it out again and it was delivered but there were no spacers and bolts for the bracket of the fmic and no reinforced tube for the dv.
Chad apologized but to be honest I never liked his attitude and style. He has quality items but the fitment is simply terrible, to mount the ic I had to cut and delete some airducts and combined with the chargepipe it just was a stupidly tight fit.

If you payed via paypal I would suggest you cancel the order and get your money back. Their services are crappy and they don't deserve such a long backtime.

And since you are located in EU you can get the Wagner ic. A friend of mine bought it and had it installed in less than 30 min. No customs involved either.
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2012, 02:59 PM   #4
entrepreneur177
из Кремля
Russian Federation
Rep
Drives: Z4 35s, CLS63 AMG

I had the same story with STETT intercooler. I ended up cancelling the order. It took them way over any imaginable time.
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2012, 03:12 PM   #5
san4ever
Sweden
Rep

Well,
as for now I have made a complaint by PayPal but the message was that they do not handle this type of dispute, why??

Anyway it seems as my complaint and demand for a refund is noted so hopefully it will work out.

Appreciate 0
      07-02-2012, 07:00 AM   #6
Vintage
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW G80 (MT), 718 Spyder

really sorry you guys have had trouble with STETT - a real bummer and there is no excuse; they are great products but you should not have to wait months for them!!!
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2012, 01:52 PM   #7
san4ever
Sweden
Rep

Well,
Received a message from PayPal that Stett Peformance has issued a refund for $85 with the comment below.

"Your order is already in route to you. This is a very busy season for us and we are so very sorry for the delay."

As I can tell my order is not shipped out yet because its still an electronic notification at USPS. I have no idea what game Chad is playing but its very annoying.

Appreciate 0
      07-05-2012, 09:20 AM   #8
Ramjet
Private
Rep
Drives: z4 35i

I had the same issue with a CP order for my E89, took months, then once it arrived it was the wrong one - seemed to be a hybrid of the E89 and 335 CP. I just cut it and put a few extra bends in to make it fit - perfect now. Emailed and messaged stett a couple of times about the problem but never got a response.
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2012, 10:15 AM   #9
entrepreneur177
из Кремля
Russian Federation
Rep
Drives: Z4 35s, CLS63 AMG

Well, when I was waiting for my order their excuse was pretty much the same - busy season. I think there are some better IC overthere. Get the full refund.
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2012, 10:30 AM   #10
Vintage
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW G80 (MT), 718 Spyder

Well - this is terrible and no excuse is okay in this day and age. The Stett FMIC on our car is a great product but you shouldn't have to go through horrible service and months of delays to get it. Good news - there appear to be some really nice new options on the market.
Appreciate 0