E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing / Warranty > changing interior lights to xenons?

11-08-2005, 10:37 AM   #1
chandlerwessells
Registered
Rep
Drives: white e90 BMW 330i

changing interior lights to xenons?

Has anyone looked into changing out the normal interior lights and installing xenon interiors... if so, how do you change the dome lights?
Appreciate 0
      11-08-2005, 12:15 PM   #2
SocalTy
Flushing, Queens stand up!!
Rep
Drives: AW E90

Garage List
06 e90  [0.00]
Removing dome light(compliments of CC 330i):

1. Wash your hands. Really really well.

2. Get a pry tool of some kind and wash it too. Really well. (so as not to stain your headliner). A plastic or rubber spatula works well here.

3. Put the pry tool right behind each of the 2 round lights on the dome light fixture between the headliner and the fixture and push in and pull down on the fixture. There is a release tab that once pushed in will allow you to remove the fixture. Do one side and hold it with your hand and then do the other side.

Bulb sizes can be found in your manual, heres a link:
http://www.e90post.com/goodiesforyou/e90_manual.pdf
Appreciate 0
      11-08-2005, 03:25 PM   #3
Dalscboy
Rep
Drives: 2006 BMW 325i

interior lights

I've replace them and the rear dome is very simple. the front lights are a real pain. the entire unit(lights & swithces for sunroof and call help) must come out its one unit. I had to go to dealer and it took them over 30 minutes to figure out how to do it, but they were able to by starting at the edge near the window and pulling it down somehow.
Appreciate 0