Tirerack
Use the following links to go directly to useful tirerack winter items: Tirerack Winter Tires. Gary's Winter Tire FAQ.
Using the links directly supports E90Post with tirerack sales commision!

E90Post

The Tire Rack

PLEASE HELP SUPPORT E90POST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Wheels and Tires Forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack > Good UHP summer tires for E92?

Wheels and Tires forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack
Please help to directly support e90post by doing your tirerack shopping from the above link. For every sale made through the link, e90post gets sponsor support to keep the site alive. Disclaimer

07-10-2007, 06:42 PM   #1
amnesiac
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2007 E92 335i

Good UHP summer tires for E92?

Just got my 335i redelivered last week. Figured that since the leasing company wants "equivalent" tires when I return the car, I should just take these RFTs off and garage them, putting them back on before I return the vehicle.

I don't race, track, or drive super aggressively. At least, not yet (I've been driving full size trucks for 15 years, so the transition is taking some getting used to.)

My priorities:
- Ride comfort
- Treadwear
- Road noise

As long as performance is "as good as" the Bridgestone RFTs, I'll be fine. 95% of driving will be in dry, warm, Los Angeles weather. The other 5% is for the two weeks of rain we get a year. I've hydroplaned on the 405 before and I don't want to do it again.

I actually have Goodyear F1 G3-DS on order, but they're backordered nationally for WEEKS. Also, they're not cheap.

Doing some research, these seemed like decent alternatives. Anyone who has actually used these tires and can weigh in, I'd appreciate your opinion:

Falken FK452
Continental ContiSport Contact 3
Nitto Invo
Nitto NT 555

All of these seem to have good anecdotal reviews with higher than average treadwear rating. I know that the Michelin PS2, Yoko Advan, and a couple Bridgestones have good followings, but their treadwear is rated <200, and I don't care to replace tires every 10,000 miles. (exaggeration)

Thoughts?
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2007, 11:06 PM   #2
DrGP
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Sapphire 335i coupe

I'm not so sure that it is a good thing to take the RFs off of the wheels and then re mount them. I am in the same position as you are and this is what I will be doing. I'm going to remove the stock RFs and wheels at about 5K and store them to put back on at lease end. I am going to buy new wheels and tires. (probably 19" with General Exclaim UHP tires) then I will sell the wheels when I put the originals back on at lease end.

Last edited by DrGP; 07-11-2007 at 06:52 AM..
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2007, 11:13 PM   #3
ward
Major General
Rep
Drives: F

the goodyear eagle F1's are cheap!
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2007, 01:48 PM   #4
amnesiac
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2007 E92 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrGP View Post
I'm not so sure that it is a good thing to take the RFs off of the wheels and then re mount them.
I searched around and it seems as long as the tire shop is competent and aware they are RFTs, remounting isn't generally an issue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ward View Post
the goodyear eagle F1's are cheap!
I'd hardly call $1070 installed "cheap." Also, as I said, they're backordered for weeks, if not months.
Appreciate 0