Tirerack
Use the following links to go directly to useful tirerack winter items: Tirerack Winter Tires. Gary's Winter Tire FAQ.
Using the links directly supports E90Post with tirerack sales commision!

E90Post

The Tire Rack

PLEASE HELP SUPPORT E90POST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Wheels and Tires Forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack > E90 17's stock tire issue

Wheels and Tires forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack
Please help to directly support e90post by doing your tirerack shopping from the above link. For every sale made through the link, e90post gets sponsor support to keep the site alive. Disclaimer

07-12-2007, 06:49 AM   #1
wuli
Rep
Drives: E90 future owner

Exclamation E90 17's stock tire issue

I have a 330i and purchased on 07/24/2006, now the mileage is 16,120 miles.
Recently when I drive my 330i I found the loud noise from front side tires. Therefore I try to search in internet, and I got some information for most people experience the loud sounds for their 330i. I have stock tire and it is 17’s the brand is Bridgestone. My 330i is use for my working commute purpose. From the conclusion of the internet, I can tell that my stock tires are defective tires from Bridgestone, because there are huge amount of this discussion has been posted on website.
I bought my 330i to the service center (West Chester PA) on July 10th. I mention this loud noise issue to the service representative and he said they will take a look and give me the response. On July 11th I received the call from Otto’s service rep.and he told me that my tires are not even and should be replaced. They offer a deal with 2 tires price for 4 tires, and it costs $600 dollars total.
I told them I am not response for the defective tires, but service rep. indicate that this offer is from Bridgestone due to my mileage is over 16,000 miles. And service rep. mentions that he cannot do anything before discuss with his supervise.
I believe that most owners of this type of stock tire would have same issue for noise due to the defective tires. I really hope that either BMW or Bridgestone should response for those defective tires. I believe the ultimate service should cover the defective product in the ultimate driving machine.

If anyone has similar situation, please post their experience and how to deal with dealer. Should I call customer relation in North America BMW to complain, does that help?
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2007, 07:56 AM   #2
Luki
Poland approaching...
Poland
Rep
Drives: BMW F10

Garage List
2011 BMW F10  [0.00]
I sold run flat tires Bridgestone after I bought the car as I found them noisy and heavy.
They keep putting them into BMW and it is strange.
Also lack of fifth wheel is stupid but I know that cutting the costs brings much more profit to the company.
      07-12-2007, 07:13 PM   #3
wuli
Rep
Drives: E90 future owner

Here is the follow-up:

The service rep. give me 4 free tires and the brand is Continental SSR 225/45/R17 91H ContiPro Contact SSR, I do not know anything for this tires.
But they asked me to pay alignment, and it costs me $200 dollars. Dose anyone have any idea about this tire? if that is a bargain tires, I may complain again.
Appreciate 0
      07-31-2007, 07:26 PM   #4
ae8t6ix
Friends don't let friends apex early
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 E90 325I

Garage List
1985 Corolla GT-s  [0.00]
2006 325i  [0.00]
Sorry to break the news to you but same thing. I have the conti's and they do the same thing. My buddy's a tech at Assael BMW and he took a look and told me the RFT's wear very poorly. Your options are suck it up and wear them out, or if you really can't stand it get rid of them and go with conventional tires. Good luck
Appreciate 0
      07-31-2007, 08:29 PM   #5
joohdunnoh
Rep
Drives: E92

Quote:
Originally Posted by ae8t6ix View Post
Sorry to break the news to you but same thing. I have the conti's and they do the same thing. My buddy's a tech at Assael BMW and he took a look and told me the RFT's wear very poorly. Your options are suck it up and wear them out, or if you really can't stand it get rid of them and go with conventional tires. Good luck
he's right, i am a bmw technician (somewhere in cali but im not this buddy from Assael) and basically if you dont want to hear that noise then go with conventional tires (none runflat tires).
also BMW does not warranty tires because its simple not BMW tires, and its wear and tear on your own tires, and YOUR suppose maintain your tires by checking air pressure, no aggressive driving/turning, yadda yadda yadda. YOUR RESPONSE for you own car unless its a manufacture defective. BMW goes through some tire company and its that tire company that decides if its a defective tire or customers lack of maintaining there vehicle.
Appreciate 0
      07-31-2007, 11:03 PM   #6
THR4OSU
Private
Rep
Drives: 2006 330XI

run flat tires

I had the same issue and spent a lot of time complaining to the dealer. The dealer finally got tired of listening to me and cut me a check for $600. I then bought goodyear eagle f-1s. What a difference in ride quality and what a huge reduction in noise. I also bought a continental conti comfort kit and expanded my triple-A towing coverage to 60 miles. I do not understand why BMW can not own up to the mistake of putting run flat tires on these cars. Notice that none of the M cars have them!
Appreciate 0