2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 F10 Technical Topics Wheels / Tires / Suspension / Brakes Got rid of the Goodyear LS2's!!!! Toyo Proxes4 Plus

07-27-2012, 11:35 AM   #1
TheGr8Swami
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 550i M-Sport w/XDrive

Got rid of the Goodyear LS2's!!!! Toyo Proxes4 Plus

I love my BMW but their choice of Goodyear LS2 Run-Flat tires was horrible. This tire's sidewall is terrible and will bubble-up upon hitting the smallest road imperfection! After visiting the dealership a few times to replace damaged Goodyear LS2's, I decided to search for a replacement UHPAS tire that has better rim/sidewall protection.

Back in my Audi days I was a huge fan of Toyo Tires as an all-season alternative for my RS4 so I decided to check on if a product were available for my 550xi. Toyo just released a new tire called the Proxes4+ which fits the bill. (XL Load Rating, W/Y Speed Rating) I used to run Proxes4's on my RS4, and I was quite pleased with their performance in the rain and in light snow when compared to Michelin Sport Pilot A/S. The new Proxes4+ provides better wear and better braking in snow so I decided to give them a shot.

I've put about 1200 miles on the set so far and I'm glad I made the switch to a High Performance All-Season tire on a Sports Sedan!! If you're looking for a replacement set for your 5 series, please consider this tire. You will not be sorry, and you drive your BMW the way it's supposed to driven.

Peace and blessings,

Will aka The Swami
Appreciate 0