E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Someone Please Help Me!

08-12-2012, 11:09 AM   #1
Matt.Lombardi12
Matt Lombardi
United_States
Rep
Drives: 328i

Someone Please Help Me!

I have somewhat recently bought a new 2011 e90 sedan. When I purchased this, it came with Xenon Headlights. I wasnt happy with the color of them because i wanted white. So about 3 months ago I baught **********s "LED 6 watt Angel Eye Bulbs by City Vision." I was once again not happy with the apperance of the lights. The inside BiXenon was brighter than the outside and the daytime driving was bad. Then lastnight I got H8's. I put them In my self and once again I have the same problem. I think maybe its the way that I put them in or my friend told me maybe its the model of the lights. SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME BECAUSE THIS IS PISSING ME OFF

Appreciate 0
      08-12-2012, 11:24 AM   #2
respectBMW
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 325i

Garage List
2006 BMW 325i  [0.00]
Well first of all you should know that you are not changing color of the xenon lights, you are changing the color of the angel eyes. It is hard to get the angel eyes to match equally in brightest, mainly because they were not really designed to do so with LED lights or H8 bulbs. Its really hard to make our angel eyes look like the new e92 and the new 5 series. The best option for you, however, would be to get LUX angel eyes. I think you will be satisfied, based on what you want. Also, I hope you aren't just using only the angel eyes to see at night...they are definitely not meant for that, that is what the xenon projector is for.
      08-12-2012, 12:29 PM   #3
GChase
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 E90 328i

These angel eyes you bought are pretty good quality. The inner ring will ALWAYS be brighter than the outer ring. That is completely normal. Unless you want to fork over $500+ for OSS Angel eyes then you will never be able to see your angel eyes in direct sunlight.
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2012, 12:37 PM   #4
E90Company
Major General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by GChase View Post
These angel eyes you bought are pretty good quality. The inner ring will ALWAYS be brighter than the outer ring. That is completely normal. Unless you want to fork over $500+ for OSS Angel eyes then you will never be able to see your angel eyes in direct sunlight.
I can see the LCI AE's in daylight with the stock bulbs, lol.
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2012, 12:48 PM   #5
BOBKUR
Major
Rep
Drives: 2008 E 90

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt.Lombardi12 View Post
I have somewhat recently bought a new 2011 e90 sedan. When I purchased this, it came with Xenon Headlights. I wasnt happy with the color of them because i wanted white. So about 3 months ago I baught **********s "LED 6 watt Angel Eye Bulbs by City Vision." I was once again not happy with the apperance of the lights. The inside BiXenon was brighter than the outside and the daytime driving was bad. Then lastnight I got H8's. I put them In my self and once again I have the same problem. I think maybe its the way that I put them in or my friend told me maybe its the model of the lights. SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME BECAUSE THIS IS PISSING ME OFF

Read the DIY forums.
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2012, 12:54 PM   #6
GChase
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 E90 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by E90Company View Post
I can see the LCI AE's in daylight with the stock bulbs, lol.
Well yeah that's true lol. I meant LED white AE's
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2012, 01:09 PM   #7
cmyk
resident girl.
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 335i + 2014 X5

Garage List
2008 BMW 335i  [8.76]
+1 for LUX. That's the route I went and they were exactly what I was looking for (which I think is the same thing you're looking for, OP). Pic in my sig and in my Garage shows what they look like. And yes, you can see them in the daytime. The photo in my sig was actually taken at dusk and the sun was still out, I just used a narrow aperture and high shutter speed to make the background appear darker than it was

2008 E90 335i // Black Everything // photos
COBB tuned / QTP e-cutouts / Helix FMIC / cp-e DCI / AWE BOVs / Catless / FBO + F15 X5 xDrive35i
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2012, 05:22 PM   #8
Matt.Lombardi12
Matt Lombardi
United_States
Rep
Drives: 328i

Oh no obviously not. I was more concerned about the day time driving than the night time. When i have my projections on it looks great its only the day time that was making me mad. And Yea i heard LUX were the best ones to get but that was after I bought the ones last night. Its just so frustrating that I cant even get them close to each other. I brought it to my boy and he said its because of the reflectors that they have in the inside of the light. If any of you wanted to know the key to doing it, you have to gut the bulb so that the light is able to shine to the outer angel eye.

Also.. anyone know the correct bulb to turn your fogs white?
Appreciate 0