E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Installing and Programming new CAS

08-13-2012, 10:53 PM   #1
Gee_115
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: E60 550i

Installing and Programming new CAS

Hey everyone. I am installing a new CAS with a new Key I am planning on using OPS Head with Progman v41 to encode and program the CAS. Does anyone know how to start? I ask this because normally you would have to turn on the ignition while programming but since the CAS and key are new what do I do?

Do I have to install the CAS then initialize the key before programming, or do I have to first install the CAS connect the OPS and somehow it will allow me to program it without having to turn on the ignition?

FYI: I had to provide identification and proof of ownership to get the CAS from a dealer. Dealer said it is a coded part meaning it is car specific. Hope this info helps in getting an answer to my question.
Appreciate 0