E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > AUDIO/VIDEO + BLUETOOTH + Electronics/Alarm/Software > Sirius radio help!!!

08-17-2012, 11:26 AM   #1
reeltime
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 M4

Sirius radio help!!!

Guys I don't know whether I'm posting in the right section or not but I'm looking to get a Sirius tuner module for my car and I found a friend that doesn't ever use it so he's gonna sell me his module. The question is, when I remove it from his trunk, do I need to realign the MOST cables? Or can I just unplug it and take it out without rearranging the wires.

If this is supposed to be in the iDrive section then mods please move it.

Any help is appreciated

off topic but just to make sure...what sirius modules can i use in my car? I know that the one im supposed to get is P/N 65129192274 but im not 100% sure if my friends car has that one. Can i use the "outdated" sirius tuner modules? or will those not fit in my car?

Last edited by reeltime; 08-17-2012 at 12:20 PM..
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2012, 08:21 PM   #2
dylim
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 328xi

Both of you will need to have the MOST rewired at the distribution box (behind left rear bolster), and coding. Assuming you have sat prep, that will be all that's needed beside of course the subscription.

Wiring the MOST is simple, it's like:

CCC Comp1... CompN
Comp1 ... CompN CCC

so that all the components and the CCC form a loop. So just move the bottom CCC to the right to make space, and then put the tuner's MOST cables in as CompN.

Older tuners should work too, check realoem.com
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2012, 03:27 AM   #3
reeltime
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by dylim
Both of you will need to have the MOST rewired at the distribution box (behind left rear bolster), and coding. Assuming you have sat prep, that will be all that's needed beside of course the subscription.

Wiring the MOST is simple, it's like:

CCC Comp1... CompN
Comp1 ... CompN CCC

so that all the components and the CCC form a loop. So just move the bottom CCC to the right to make space, and then put the tuner's MOST cables in as CompN.

Older tuners should work too, check realoem.com
Yeah that's what I was starting to think. Yeah it doesn't seem too hard haha..just gotta keep a loop.

Sounds good, I'll check it now. Is there any difference between the "new" and "old" Sirius modules?

Also..can I stack HD radio and Sirius radio? All that I would have to do is just rearrange the MOST cables again to make sure theres a loop between all the components right?

Thanks for the reply

Appreciate 0