Sheil
Private First Class
Switzerland
Rep
Drives: 1M Coupe

Garage List
2011 BMW 1M  [10.00]
BMW Live on 1M?

Guys, is it possible to retrofit BMW Live on our 1M's? Does anyone know anyone in Switzerland/Germany who does it? Or perhaps know how to do it?

Some guys in Singapore are doing it for both E and F-series! Would be really cool and a lot more useful than BMW Apps...

For those of you who don't know, BMW Live gives you access to the following from your iDrive:
- News
- Weather
- Google Local Search
- Street View
- Panoramio
Appreciate 0
      09-01-2012, 03:22 PM   #2
YVES1M
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 1m aw (kwv3) meisterschaf

No, but i wan it!!, will ask my dealer if its possible to upgrade the software
Appreciate 0
      09-01-2012, 03:27 PM   #3
Dackelone
European Editor
Germany
Rep
Drives: N54 e82

I would ask Thorsten from car-coding.de Thorsten knows how to activate a lot of the cool hidden features on our cars thru coding. He lives in Munich and is on FB.
Appreciate 0
      09-04-2012, 08:23 AM   #4
Sheil
Private First Class
Switzerland
Rep

Garage List
2011 BMW 1M  [10.00]
Thanks, I thought of asking him. I know the folks at Bimmer-tech do it but at a pricey €250!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dackelone View Post
I would ask Thorsten from car-coding.de Thorsten knows how to activate a lot of the cool hidden features on our cars thru coding. He lives in Munich and is on FB.
Appreciate 0
      09-04-2012, 08:28 AM   #5
Dackelone
European Editor
Germany
Rep
Drives: N54 e82

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheil View Post
Thanks, I thought of asking him. I know the folks at Bimmer-tech do it but at a pricey €250!
I don't think he would charge that much. I think the most he charges is like 100 euros. When he coded a bunch of our cars at the Welt he was only charging 20 euros for most stuff. Great prices plus he really knows what he is doing. But its best to ask him what he charges. Its his full time job.
Appreciate 0
      09-04-2012, 09:54 AM   #6
DarthColin
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 1 Series M Coupe

I am interested to know if anyone in Canada can accomplish this. I think it is a shame that these functions are not enabled here.
      09-04-2012, 10:47 AM   #7
Sheil
Private First Class
Switzerland
Rep

Garage List
2011 BMW 1M  [10.00]
Mike Benvo in the US does it entirely remotely - I haven't had a chance to contact him yet.

Here's a list of his services

http://bpmsport.com/Coding.pdf
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2012, 05:55 PM   #8
DarthColin
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 1 Series M Coupe

I just sent him an email. He seems busy, so will have to wait for a reply.

I got a reply from DVDinmotion.com saying they didn't think it was easily possible, and an activation was necessary by BMW servers. Suggested I approach dealer to activate. I seriously doubt they can help me with this.
      09-05-2012, 07:06 PM   #9
Sheil
Private First Class
Switzerland
Rep

Garage List
2011 BMW 1M  [10.00]
Just found a thread on b-m-w-c-o-d-i-n-g.com (without dashes, not sure why we aren't allowed to paste coding websites? Moderators if you could please shine some light? It's probably written somewhere but I didn't see it ).

Apparantly if you have Internet enabled in ConnectedDrive (which I do) it's a simple matter of coding a couple of lines in the CIC

Looks pretty easy eh?

http://www.b-m-w-c-o-d-i-n-g.com/sho...light=bmw+live

How-to: Enabling BMW Live on your CIC/COMBOX Setup

Finally here we are... After hours and hours of looking into various options I managed to enable BMW Live on my CIC/Combox setup. This is making all the money spent on the retrofit really really worth it.

BMW Live is updated version of BMW Online portal when you have Internet activated using Customer's mobile phone, old BMW Online with TCU went thru SIM card (over GPRS, damn slow) using Assist account.

I am no expert, this was achieved by just error and trial.

Here is what I did:

First get the Internet working by tethering your phone and make sure it all functional

Next recode CIC enabling following option:

ONLINE_BROWSER_C0D
beide_aktiv

Easy, simple, eh? Who knew, I just wanted to try this and was presented with a surprise of BMW Live and then it started making sense how Live is replacing BMW Online. Its much much advanced version of BMW Online.

Now you will see BMW Online alongwith Internet under ConnectedDrive menu. Click there and enjoy. You can skip registration as there is no point telling BMW you are using their servie without paying them.

Note: My CIC is at v41 level (from e89 daten), I am not sure if this will work on previous versions but I think it should as BMW Online is old service which was present in CCC too so for CIC BMW Live is simply replacing it. Try on your old version CIC and report here for others reference.

By doing this we are matching our CIC and Combox retrofit upto a level which was only offered as a paid service from vendors. This shows what all is possible if we work as community togather and share whatever we can. A big thanks to vortex, bruce_miranda.

For reference I am attaching my CIC and Combox media trace files.

Thanks you very much.
Appreciate 0