E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Tracking, Autocrossing, Dragstrip, Driving Techniques > E90 gets it's 1st win in North America

07-24-2007, 09:38 AM   #1
AC53
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW E36 M3 / Volvo S60 2.5TAWD

E90 gets it's 1st win in North America

Haven't seen it posted yet so here's a link to BimmerWorld's win at Mid-Ohio.

http://www.bimmerworldracing.com/dat...s_7_23_07.html

Regards, Alan
Sponsors: Amsoil, Bimmerworld When only the best will do!
07 Lincoln MKZ AWD - 263 HP & 249 ft/lbs TQ
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2007, 12:51 PM   #2
S4to335
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 Audi A4 / 91 Track Miata

Garage List
Yeah...he beat out my friend Chip Herr...Chip fried his tires and in the ending laps he went wide and Clay came thru and beat him.

Lexington, Ohio (July 22, 2007) Chip Herr nearly drove the tires off his #17 STaSIS/Clear Capital/Fred Baker Audi A4 at the SCCA Pro Racing SPEED World Challenge Touring Car race at Mid Ohio Sports Car Course, holding off all competitors until the last lap of the 27 lap race. Launching from second on the grid, Herr got a good start and had the lead going into Turn One. That is where he stayed until Turn Two of the final lap, when his overheating tires forced him wide allowing the trailing car just enough room to slip through. Herr pushed hard to regain the position throughout the last lap, but it was clear his tires were cooked and he smartly kept the car under control and finished in 2nd just 1.064 seconds behind the leader.

Commenting on the race Herr said, &ldquoI ran the car hard all race and tried to post consistent lap times. But toward the end, it was starting to slide around a little bit. When you&rsquove got competitive guys behind you, you can&rsquot just back off for three laps and then get back up to speed.

&ldquoOn the last lap, I made a mistake in the Keyhole. I just got a little deep. I was modulating the brake pedal and just trying to keep from spinning the car and didn&rsquot get it turned in. He got a great run going out of the Keyhole and took advantage of what happened to me.&rdquo
Chip Herr before the Mid Ohio race

Herr&rsquos teammates saw lots of action as well. Ian Baas was forced to start from the back of the grid in 23rd position in his #18 STaSIS/Team Janica/Slivertrak Audi A4 after qualifying 7th when a technical infraction was found in post-qualifying inspection. Baas took it in stride, perhaps remembering his Toronto run from 2nd to 15th to 2nd. He showed once again, that he knows how to slice through a field. Baas improved his position throughout the race, finishing in 7th position, making up an incredible 16 positions.

After starting 7th on the grid, Adam Pecorari worked his #19 STaSIS/Clear Capital/Sewickley Audi A4 up to 6th early in the race. He got caught in some racing incidents falling back to 11th with 9 laps to go, then fought his way back to finish in 9th, his third top ten finish in five races.

Ian Baas moving through the field at Mid Ohio
Photo by Tim Stevens

STaSIS president Paul Lambert was pleased with his team&rsquos results, commenting, &ldquoI could not be prouder of crew. Getting cars on the track in every session this weekend and finishing with all three in the top ten is a fantastic accomplishment. I&rsquove particularly got to hand it to our crew chief Andrew Brennan&mdash he is always a professional and it really showed this weekend.&rdquo

Sunday&rsquos SPEED World Challenge round 7 at the Mid Ohio Sports Car Course will be aired on SPEED Saturday, July 28th at 3:00 p.m. Eastern Time. STaSIS Motorsports will be in action again at Mosport on August 24th to 26th.

About STaSIS
STaSIS Engineering provides products developed from our SPEED World Challenge Touring Car race program for selected Audi, Porsche, BMW, Lotus, Subaru, Volkswagen and Mitsubishi models. We have partnered with world leaders in braking, suspension and engine products to develop the most advanced products for an enthusiast&rsquos car. At STaSIS Engineering, we engineer our products to work together, combining to create an ideal balance of day-to-day drivability and unrivaled performance for customer&rsquos automobiles. Our goal is to help enthusiasts transform their daily driver into one of the highest performing vehicles on the road.

STaSIS &ndash RACE BRED ADRENALINE

Car is now gone .... :-(
Appreciate 0