E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - NY / NJ / CT / PA > E92 in New Hyde Park with a black leatherette bra...

07-24-2007, 03:27 PM   #1
trick50
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 335i Space Gray

E92 in New Hyde Park with a black leatherette bra...

Today I was driving home from the office to pick something up at home and I was driving behind what I thought was a really nice E92 335i Coupe Montego Blue with Saddle Brown Interior...At first I was like wow I really like that combo and the car looks great. I passed him and I saw that he had the nastiest black leatherette bra covering the front bumper and part of the hood. It was sooo disgusting..How could you make such a nice car look so crappy. I understand that the bra protects the paint but jeez get a clear one. The damn thing didn't even fit right. It was like baggy at the bottom lol..

I almost was going to stop the guy thinking maybe he didn't know that they make the clear ones..3m or venture shield but I didn't want to insult the guy.

Just thought I would share.
07 E92 335i,Sport,I-drive,Cold Weather,Bluetooth,Beyern Mesh 19",M-Pedals,Rear Fogs,Gp Thunder,Carbon Roundels,Coming Soon JB2,Vorsteiner Decklid,OEM Aero LipRIP9/8/06-12/11/07 Gone but never forgotten
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2007, 05:49 PM   #2
Mo
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2014 M6

I see those all the time. I understand you want to keep your car from scratches to make the paint look good but that thing is so ugly. Its like, let me keep my car nice and clean by putting something ugly. Just dont understand...
      07-24-2007, 10:05 PM   #3
TiAg335i
Trance Life
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 E92 335i

How much is a clear bra in the Long Island or Brooklyn/Queens/Bronx area nowadays?
Appreciate 0
      07-26-2007, 02:12 PM   #4
trick50
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 335i Space Gray

Quote:
Originally Posted by NyCxZeRo View Post
i thought i saw u on little neck pkwy so i rolled down my window to say hi and it was some weird old guy in the same car as u and he started waving at me...my girl was like WHO THE FUCK IS THAT? lol

lol...I haven't had my car since friday. Been at Rallye since then getting software update, oil cooler retrofit, squeeky brakes fixed, and rattling moonroof fixed. I was supposed to have it back on tuesday but it is still not ready. Not sure what the hell is taking so long but it isn't looking good that I get her back today either.

Not a happy camper.
07 E92 335i,Sport,I-drive,Cold Weather,Bluetooth,Beyern Mesh 19",M-Pedals,Rear Fogs,Gp Thunder,Carbon Roundels,Coming Soon JB2,Vorsteiner Decklid,OEM Aero LipRIP9/8/06-12/11/07 Gone but never forgotten
Appreciate 0