E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Finally drove it...

05-21-2005, 04:46 AM   #1
voltron1011
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2011 135i, FJR-1300

Finally drove it...

Well, I finally test drove a 325 manual today. I could have driven one several weeks ago that was an automatic, but I didn't want the auto to spoil my impression of the car. Since I am purchasing a manual, I only wanted to drive one that was like mine (that's why I didn't test-drive the 330 either). All I have to say is BRAVO, BMW!!!! Truly an amazing car! It was really wet today so I took it (by myself) through alot of cornering and sharp turns to test out DSC. Also, alot of turning accelerations (like merging on the autobahn). The power is remarkable, so smooth all the way to redline. The latest DSC is really awesome because it does it's job without making you feel like a moron. It is so subtle the way it cuts power while accelerating through a turn. Where as, other systems cut power so jerky and make clunking noises, this system was elegant. The exhaust note is right on the money. Not so loud to be obnoxious, but just loud enough to say, "I am a beautiful six cylinder motor, listen to me roar!" The non I-drive cockpit is really nice as well. It actually looks better once you are driving in it, it's hard to explain.... Since I ordered I-drive I played with it on another car. I don't know what the big deal is with people hating I-drive. It is pretty straight forward, easier to use than a VCR. The little wheel is pretty cool as well because it has some kind of force-feedback in it.

To sum it all up: THIS IS A BMW, through and through!!!!!

Now, I just have to continue to wait another month and a half.

Last edited by voltron1011; 05-21-2005 at 10:29 AM..
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2005, 06:28 AM   #2
ldpantoja
Lieutenant
Puerto Rico
Rep
Drives: 330i (E90)

We are on the same boat. I test drove a 325i but it was an automatic. It was the complete opposit of what I ordered (330i Manual) so I didn't get the feel for it like I wanted to. I feel even better because if I liked the 325i in automatic, I know that I will love my 330i manual
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2005, 06:55 PM   #3
quackman
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 M3 6mt

I LOVE how everyone complained they hated I-drive back when the 7 came out and no one had even tried it.
Now that i-drive is on the 5 series and the 3 series more people are actually trying it out, and big surprise- most people don't seem to have a problem with using it.
The only real problem with the i-drive way back when it came out on the 7 was it malfunctioned a lot. Nothing to do with its ease of use, but it would just plain not work sometimes.

If you try it and still don't like it, then I guess that's not bad; though I still think it's easy to use. Please give it a chance before you bash it without experiencing it like so many people did over the years.

The force feedback in the controller is very nice, it feels so cool. I also like how i-drive negates the need for countless buttons all over the dash.
Appreciate 0