BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > Regional Forums > M-Flight

Mporium BMW

10-05-2012, 11:27 AM   #1
Cyclone Chris
US Air Force. HUAP.
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 SG M3 ZCP / DCT

Where to get Castrol 10W60 Oil?

Hello M-Flight Members,

I have recently ordered a 2013 Space Grey M3 with DCT and ZCP. I have noticed that AAFES in the UK does not carry the oil needed for this car.

Luckily, during the next 6 weeks, I am TDY at Spang, and would like to pick up some 10W60 Oil locally and take it back to the UK for the 1200 mile service. Does AAFES at Spang carry this oil on the shelves? If not is there any place locally where I can get it at a decent price?

I have noticed a lot of great looking M3's on Spang. I would love to meet up with you guys and gain some knowledge on this beautiful car as I am still a newbie. Please let me know if there is a meet in the near future.

Thanks in advance,
Chris B.

2005 Pontiac GTO - 6Spd - 445 RWHP/415 RWTQ - SOLD
2013 BMW M3 Coupe - /// Competition Pkg /// Premium Pkg /// Dual Clutch Transmission /// BMW Apps /// Heated Seats ///
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2012, 04:31 AM   #2
Moxie
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: AW 328d Touring/SG 335d

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyclone Chris View Post
Hello M-Flight Members,

I have recently ordered a 2013 Space Grey M3 with DCT and ZCP. I have noticed that AAFES in the UK does not carry the oil needed for this car.

Luckily, during the next 6 weeks, I am TDY at Spang, and would like to pick up some 10W60 Oil locally and take it back to the UK for the 1200 mile service. Does AAFES at Spang carry this oil on the shelves? If not is there any place locally where I can get it at a decent price?

I have noticed a lot of great looking M3's on Spang. I would love to meet up with you guys and gain some knowledge on this beautiful car as I am still a newbie. Please let me know if there is a meet in the near future.

Thanks in advance,
Chris B.
AAFES in the UK should be able to order it if you ask. Personally, I get mine from Turner. Call them & they can cut you a break on shipping. Overall it's less $$ than buying it on post & will arrive in ~5 days.

I use Spang as a patrol base when I go to the Ring - It's 45 minutes way. I've never seen 10W60 there.
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2012, 05:28 AM   #3
MrD1198
Enlisted Member
Germany
Rep
Drives: 2015 M3

I don't know about Spang or the UK but I picked up some off the shelf in Ramstein. Someone in an earlier thread posted a link to where you could order it online for fairly cheap
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2012, 08:21 AM   #4
Cyclone Chris
US Air Force. HUAP.
United_States
Rep

Thanks for the info guys... I actually lucked out and after an hour of searching I came across a europarts website and was able to acquire 9 liters of Castrol Edge 10W60 for 65 GBP which is around $95 delivered to my door in the UK with a 30% coupon. I don't think I have seen anyone else get it any cheaper than that overseas.

Hopefully this will be the only service I will have to pay for while stationed in the UK. I should be back on American soil in 2 yrs time, and I don't plan on driving the car much during the winter months.

All I have to do now is get my hands on some rear outer tail lights (amber indicators) and the interior light switch that has a rear fog light button to get the car within European standards. Anyone have contacts or part numbers for these? I would rather get these now with a VAT form while TDY at Spang, so they are ready to install when I return.

2013 BMW M3 Coupe - /// Competition Pkg /// Premium Pkg /// Dual Clutch Transmission /// BMW Apps /// Heated Seats ///
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2012, 10:25 AM   #5
K.M. Tim
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 M3 ZCP 6MT

Garage List
2011 M3  [2.00]
2012 BMW F30 w/ M S ...  [0.00]
AAFES carries it in Schinnen NL. There are 8/9 M owners in the area. We're about 20 mins from ACSnitzer in Aachen. Enjoy the new ride.
Appreciate 0
      10-09-2012, 12:13 PM   #6
Moxie
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: AW 328d Touring/SG 335d

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyclone Chris View Post
Thanks for the info guys... I actually lucked out and after an hour of searching I came across a europarts website and was able to acquire 9 liters of Castrol Edge 10W60 for 65 GBP which is around $95 delivered to my door in the UK with a 30% coupon. I don't think I have seen anyone else get it any cheaper than that overseas.

Hopefully this will be the only service I will have to pay for while stationed in the UK. I should be back on American soil in 2 yrs time, and I don't plan on driving the car much during the winter months.

All I have to do now is get my hands on some rear outer tail lights (amber indicators) and the interior light switch that has a rear fog light button to get the car within European standards. Anyone have contacts or part numbers for these? I would rather get these now with a VAT form while TDY at Spang, so they are ready to install when I return.
You can get the switch from a BMW dealer. Better price than you will find on here...or you can mod it to work. Do a seach if interested.
Appreciate 0
      10-09-2012, 12:26 PM   #7
BMW Fanatic
Banned
Canada
Rep
Drives: slow

I'd do the mod for the rear-fog light. Extremely simple and can be found in the DIY section, doesn't cost a penny.

For the amber indicators I'd go to the dealer as buying from a vendor on here + shipping + vat will only leave you with a higher expense.
Appreciate 0
      10-09-2012, 02:32 PM   #8
Cyclone Chris
US Air Force. HUAP.
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW Fanatic
I'd do the mod for the rear-fog light. Extremely simple and can be found in the DIY section, doesn't cost a penny.

For the amber indicators I'd go to the dealer as buying from a vendor on here + shipping + vat will only leave you with a higher expense.
I'd rather just get a new switch. Unfortunately depending on which shop is doing the inspection, they may want the actual symbol on the button.

Do you happen to know what the part numbers are for he switch and rear outer taillights?

Appreciate 0