E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Tracking, Autocrossing, Dragstrip, Driving Techniques > Woah..stateside Audi S4 just hit a 10.76 quarter mile...

08-12-2007, 11:00 PM   #1
S4to335
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 Audi A4 / 91 Track Miata

Garage List
Woah..stateside Audi S4 just hit a 10.76 quarter mile...

That is fast.

http://forums.wayot.org/s4/msgs/120067.phtml

Not sure if the link will work.

Car is now gone .... :-(
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2007, 12:01 AM   #2
eleven11
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: -F85 X5M-

Nope, links to a login page.
2011 135i Coupe - Retired
2007 335i Sedan - Retired
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2007, 04:12 AM   #3
XPO186
Colonel
Philippines
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

fuck... what'd they do to that thing?!
      08-13-2007, 08:03 AM   #4
S4to335
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 Audi A4 / 91 Track Miata

Garage List
More info...

We finally have a stateside S4 in the 10's! Skip to the video or timeslips by clicking these links.

This afternoon with temps hovering in the mid 80's, I ran a 10.761 @ 131.66 followed by a 10.793 @ 131.66 in my 2000 S4. I was promptly booted from the track since I do not have any of the mandated NHRA safety equipment for running quicker than 11.50; namely a roll cage, fire jacket, and fire extinguisher.

Some people in the past bashed my 11.0 second times, arguing that that they were all done during the winter under abnormally cold temperatures at fast NJ based sea level tracks. Well today I proved that my car can run well at a non-sea level track in the dead of summer under hot mid 80 degree temps. Lebanon Valley Dragway is in West Lebanon, NY and is 603ft above sea level according to their website.

I'm confident with more seat time and practice, I can get this sled to turn a 10.5X with the OEM K04s. On my 10.793 pass, my launch was absolutely horrible: a 1.737 60ft when I've ran high 1.5's to 1.600's before in the past. If I can get my 60ft down into the 1.55 to 1.60 range, I think that will be a 10.5X to 10.6X pass without any doubt. My launches were so sloppy and bogged so much that I'm really amazed the car went 10.7. Compare the launches in the 10.7 video to some of my street launches (#1 and #2) and I think you can see there's a night and day difference! For whatever reason, my car simply does not want to hook on the track. It hooks sooo much better on the street.

What this car needs next is a coilover suspension that I can dial in, a good alignment, and 4 slicks.

I also think there's a little bit of power left on the table as far as the tune goes since I was running settings that were optimized for 55 degree temps from last night. I pulled a 2.27 and 2.29 FATS last night under those temps. I did not get a chance to tweak today for the mid 80 degree temps. That's another thing I want to do for next time.

Keep in mind that while this car is gutted, it is still street driven everywhere and has not been on a trailer once its entire life! I've put over 10K miles on the car since January. It got 30MPG on the way to the track and back. The handling (Konis) and braking (Stoptechs) are still superb.

I want to thank the following people/shops for their help in getting my car into the 10's:

1) AWE-Tuning & GIAC for the fueling kit/software. This kit is great in terms of power and tweakability. I can tweak my setup over a half hour to an hour and quickly find the "sweet spot" where the car is the fastest.

2) Mike and Kurt @ Vast Performance for their MBC/TCD & Ceramic/Organic hybrid clutch. This clutch held up like a champ to 5K RPM clutch drops.

3) Greg & Mu of SSP Tuning for all their time and work they've put into my S4, ranging from replacing my clutch; to their kickass aluminum radiator; to assisting me with continued weight reduction. If anyone in the NY/NJ/CT area needs quality S4 work done at budget basement pricing, these are your guys.

4) Jeff Moss @ The Torque Factory for helping me choose the right CAI which brought my MAF signal/load more into a range that the software was programmed for.

5) Jaybquick @ JHM for his solid shifter. To go 10.7@131.6 with a crappy 1.7 60ft, you know there had to be some fast shifting going on there which there was.

5) My buddy and partner Mike @ Titsup-Racing.com for shooting the videos, hosting them all, and for helping me set up the car.

My car currently weighs approx. 2700lbs. Here is my mod list:

Plain Jane OEM RS4 K04 turbos with over 50K miles on them (never touched the WG actuators)
Vast MBC/TCD. Boost set to spike to 25-26, holds around 22 at redline.
AWE Fueling Kit with Bosch Greentop Injectors
GIAC ETGP Competition File with slight primary fuel/timing tweaks
AWE intercoolers
RS4 fuel pump
3.5" AEM Dryflow Filter coming right off the MAF. No heat shield necessary, as my IATs are unaffected (been there, done that).
Ported & Polished 01.5 intake manifold port matched to TB
Stock plastic bipipe with AMS kevlar TBB
Bosch 710N Diverter Valves
APR 2.5" downpipes (my exhaust ends at the downpipes, so I have no test pipes, cats, or catback exhaust)
Vast Performance Ceramic/Organic Hybrid Clutch with Fidanza Aluminum Flywheel
NGK AFX Wideband O2 sensor and display

10.7 Video

I believe the owner is a guy that goes by the name Big Blue..or that use to be his handle.

Car is now gone .... :-(
Appreciate 0