F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > AUSTRALIA > Options
Studio RSR

03-03-2013, 08:30 PM   #1
chenb72
Australia
Rep
Drives: F30 328i M-Sport

Options

Hi, my brother purchased a 320 and chose a couple of options at the time of the purchase. Now the car is being made and he suddenly remembered other options that he wouldn't mind having as well.
He was told they can not be add on later and it's too late once the order has gone through.
Is it true that options like heated seats, comfort access & lane departure warning can not be added later on?
Does anyone know what options can and what options can't be added after you got the car?
F30 328i M-Sport, Estoril Blue, Bi-Xenon, M Adaptive Suspension, M Performance Brake & Exhaust, 19" 403M on Pirrelli P-Zero, Pro Sat Nav, Harmon Kardon 600W, Reversing Camera, DAB+, BT Ext Connect & Sunroof. 3D Japan Pod with Defi triple gauges.
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2013, 08:53 PM   #2
MikeVictor
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: anything given a chance

Garage List
Yes, best he could hope for is the dealer takes the order and he orders again. long shot, though.

Many options can only be added before production and the cost of fitting them retrospectively, in the rare case it's even possible, is prohibitively expensive.

sorry I don't have better news for you.
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2013, 09:43 PM   #3
David328M-Sport
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: F30 M-Sport 328i Estoril Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by chenb72 View Post
Hi, my brother purchased a 320 and chose a couple of options at the time of the purchase. Now the car is being made and he suddenly remembered other options that he wouldn't mind having as well.
He was told they can not be add on later and it's too late once the order has gone through.
Is it true that options like heated seats, comfort access & lane departure warning can not be added later on?
Does anyone know what options can and what options can't be added after you got the car?
Depends on how far along the order is. I managed to add reversing camera just before production started.

Pretty much most options cannot be retrofitted. Certain items like brakes, wheels, BMW options like performance options can of course be added/changed. 3rd party products are, of course, no issue to change. But integral items such as HUD, Pro Nav from Business nav, DAB+ radio, rev camera and what you suggested etc, cannot be.

Get your brother top double check with his dealer. There is usually a person (or more) dedicated to ordering. Ask them to check.
328i M-Sport, Estoril Blue, Carbon XP 35 Tint, front heated seats, black Dakota, Sports Suspension, Anthracite Headliner, HUD, Pro Nav, Sunroof, hk 600w, Bi-Xenon, 19" 403M wheels, Reversing Camera, DAB+, Xenon, BT Ext Connect, MST turbo intake pipe, MST Cold Air Intake, JB4 on Map 2 with Catless DP produces awesome performance in Sport.
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2013, 10:03 PM   #4
mackie777
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: F31 320i M

Any options that can be retrofitted are generally double or triple the cost than built price.

I would imagine for heated seats you would almost need new seats, and for comfort access new door handles would be the only addition as the car is semi comfort access anyway.

Im sure in WA the need for heated seats wouldnt be that great, and comfort access can be a bit awkward sometimes to lock the car (plus possible security issues)
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2013, 01:20 AM   #5
J1n
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: R8 V8 '14

Well I think if he wasn't informed by the car dealer that the options weren't standard he could kick a fuss and re-ordered but back to the queue he goes. I reckon better chance of looking for floor stock with the options he wants especially on the 320's they're everywhere.
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2013, 11:24 AM   #6
chenb72
Australia
Rep

Thanks for the info guys, my brother used have a Honda Euro Luxury SatNav which cost about half the 328i but has more luxury items than a M3! So he got pretty spoiled from that and not very cluey when it comes to adding options when buying a car.
I personally like all the compartments and pockets for my shit but it seems BMW is lacking in that department. The compartment under the centre arm rest is a joke most Japanese cars you can put a can of coke, a note pad and sunnies in them not to mention the thinner extra compartment on the top for pens & credit cards, etc..... There's usually a 1 DIN size space under the stereo for phone & wallet and small compartment inside the arm rest on each door.
One biggest complain I have for my car is WHERE THE F@CK CAN I PUT MY SUNGLASSES?!!!!!
It makes me wonder the definition of "Luxury". I think I paid too much for the badge
F30 328i M-Sport, Estoril Blue, Bi-Xenon, M Adaptive Suspension, M Performance Brake & Exhaust, 19" 403M on Pirrelli P-Zero, Pro Sat Nav, Harmon Kardon 600W, Reversing Camera, DAB+, BT Ext Connect & Sunroof. 3D Japan Pod with Defi triple gauges.
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2013, 05:17 PM   #7
Id
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: VW Golf R

Buyers remorse is a funny thing.

Don't people test drive cars and look at these things before buying?

If that is your priority, then a Corolla has lots of flimsy plastic lids for you to put stuff in.
      03-04-2013, 05:56 PM   #8
David328M-Sport
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: F30 M-Sport 328i Estoril Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by chenb72 View Post
WHERE THE F@CK CAN I PUT MY SUNGLASSES?!!!!!
Mine are in a case and fit in the centre armrest.

What about the deep compartment under the lights switches?
328i M-Sport, Estoril Blue, Carbon XP 35 Tint, front heated seats, black Dakota, Sports Suspension, Anthracite Headliner, HUD, Pro Nav, Sunroof, hk 600w, Bi-Xenon, 19" 403M wheels, Reversing Camera, DAB+, Xenon, BT Ext Connect, MST turbo intake pipe, MST Cold Air Intake, JB4 on Map 2 with Catless DP produces awesome performance in Sport.
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2013, 06:28 PM   #9
MikeVictor
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: anything given a chance

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by David328M-Sport View Post

yup. I don't drink in my car often so I use the tray that covers the cup holders, or if they need to be secure I put them in their case which can sit in the door pockets nicely.
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2013, 01:27 AM   #10
J1n
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

My glasses go into the case and into the driver side door compartment. I use the cup holder area quite abit.. my keys go in there. >_< . Funny many of us compare our models to US models and realize that ours are usually more optioned up. But seriously not enough..
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2013, 02:18 AM   #11
dcg71
Captain
Australia
Rep
Drives: F15 X5

There's a sun glass holder for the visor. Line specific I think. Also holds CDs/DVDs. Could be a challenging retrofit.

Appreciate 0
      03-05-2013, 02:31 AM   #12
J1n
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

:O I Nvr trust those had em before they'll scratch ur glasses that could potentially cost twice as much
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2013, 02:56 AM   #13
dcg71
Captain
Australia
Rep
Drives: F15 X5

Put them in the case before putting them in the net.
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2013, 05:07 AM   #14
chenb72
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by David328M-Sport View Post

Ooooh haven't check there yet, didn't know there's one there
Appreciate 0