F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > General F30 Sedan / F32 Coupe / F36 Gran Coupe Forum > Performance Center BMW 101 Experience Delivery
ARMA SPEED

03-12-2013, 12:56 PM   #1
vahiker99
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: None

Performance Center BMW 101 Experience Delivery

Did you know you can still take Spartanburg Performance Center factory delivery of your ordered BMW, after you have taken deliver at your dealer? I have seen a lot about Performance Center delivery, but nothing about being able to do it after taking delivery from your dealer. Hope this is new information to you.

Anyway, I am actually going to take redelivery of my car at the BMW Spartanburg Performance Center. When I picked up my car, I mentioned to the Sales Manager that I was sort of disappointed I did not take delivery at the plant and he said I could still do that. So, he did his magic and I got an email from BMW inviting me to take Delivery 101 at the Spartanburg plant. I have a year to do this, but plan to do it by the end of April. For your additional info, per an email from BMW Performance Center, the plant tour will stop at the end of April and not start again until Summer 2014. You can still do the 101 delivery during this time, but you lose the plant tour. It is something to do with plant remodel. As far as delivery, I will get to do the same things I would have gotten to do, had I taken original deliver of my car at the plant. A night's stay at the Marriott, special dinner for BMW guests, breakfast for BMW guests, lunch at the plant, plant tour, performance driving and redelivery of my car, if I want them to do that (I do). Only those who ordered cars can get can get the BMW Delivery 101. It does not apply to purchases off lot.
Appreciate 1
      03-12-2013, 06:24 PM   #2
billiebob
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 328i

So do you drive it down there and surrender it to them the night before so they can redeliver it? Sounds pretty odd but fun nonetheless.
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2013, 11:07 AM   #3
vahiker99
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by billiebob View Post
So do you drive it down there and surrender it to them the night before so they can redeliver it? Sounds pretty odd but fun nonetheless.
No, you do not have to surrender your car. Redelivery is no more than one of their delivery experts going over all the features of the car at the end of the day. They will either use your car or one of theirs in the delivery process. Problem not using your personal car is if they do not have a car with your exact options, car functions will not be the same. Like I do not have BMW Assist, so I don't have voice command. I thought I would have it with Bluetooth. Even my SA thought my car would have voice command, so I want someone to redeliver my car to me again, so I can ask questions this time.
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2013, 11:23 AM   #4
FEE
Ne Conjugare Nobiscum
United_States
Rep
Drives: '13 335i Sport MG/Blk

Excellent info! Thanks. I just emailed BMW to ask for more info. The website FAQs said you have to order from a stateside dealer...I'm deployed and ordered through the Military Sales Plan direct from the factory and not a stateside dealer. I'm hoping the PCD option still applies.
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2013, 11:27 AM   #5
vahiker99
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by FEE View Post
Excellent info! Thanks. I just emailed BMW to ask for more info. The website FAQs said you have to order from a stateside dealer...I'm deployed and ordered through the Military Sales Plan direct from the factory and not a stateside dealer. I'm hoping the PCD option still applies.
Good luck. For me, the neat thing about this is that I will still get the factory deliver activities, yet I did not have to fly there to take deliver of my car. I get to enjoy driving it there. And yes, I was told this is only for ordered cars, but you might get an exception with your status.
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2013, 11:35 AM   #6
FEE
Ne Conjugare Nobiscum
United_States
Rep
Drives: '13 335i Sport MG/Blk

Quote:
Originally Posted by vahiker99 View Post
Good luck. For me, the neat thing about this is that I will still get the factory deliver activities, yet I did not have to fly there to take deliver of my car. I get to enjoy driving it there. And yes, I was told this is only for ordered cars, but you might get an exception with your status.
Thanks, I'm hoping to be able to do the same thing...actually drive the car there for redelivery. I did have to order my car, it just wasn't through a dealership. So technically that should be my loophole, or so I'm hoping, lol.
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2013, 06:56 PM   #7
billiebob
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 328i

Ahh very cool. I missed the factory tour during ED but this sounds like a nice reason to take a trip South.
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2013, 02:07 PM   #8
abstractmethod
Private
Rep
Drives: 2018 430i Coupe

I bought my car back in July and received and e-mail stating that I had to take BMW 101 within a year. My boyfriend and I are thinking about doing it in mid-April (we live in Asheville so it's just a short trip for us.)
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2013, 11:18 AM   #9
vahiker99
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by abstractmethod View Post
I bought my car back in July and received and e-mail stating that I had to take BMW 101 within a year. My boyfriend and I are thinking about doing it in mid-April (we live in Asheville so it's just a short trip for us.)
If you want to get the plant tour included, remember you will need to do the Delivery 101 before the end of April.
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2016, 11:03 PM   #10
cestbon
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 328xi

This is great info, guys, thanks! I like the idea of redelivery after-the-fact. My car should be finishing production but no guarantee at this point if I can have PCD. My CA emailed the performance center to see if shipping can be changed.

Either way, the fun and VIP treatment should be worth it, right?!
      03-15-2016, 12:05 AM   #11
MomoM3
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: X7 M50i | M2 CS | X5 35i

Interesting! I ordered my 340i in November 2015 and took delivery in January 2016. I kinda regret not doing PCD so I will definitely look into this. Thanks for sharing!
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2016, 01:49 AM   #12
nicknaz
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: C6Z

Good info, thanks for sharing.

I wish I knew that you could do it separately from getting your car delivered there.

I did PCD redelivery after euro delivery and it was a bit of a pain to drive back to CA from SC.

It would have been awesome to just get the car shipped back to my local dealership then fly over there and do the 101 experience, and then fly back home.

The X5 offroad course was a real highlight, along with the factory tour. those were definitely worth doing.

The rest of the experience was... ok. The "track" time was just a small loop, the skidpad forced you to use 335 regardless of what car you bought so you can't really simulate the experience of controlling the slide in your own car, and the other things like braking exercise were not much different than what you can do at a local autoX or car control clinic.
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2016, 05:48 AM   #13
rolltidef32
National Championship #17 and Counting!
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW i3s and 2019 X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicknaz
Good info, thanks for sharing.

I wish I knew that you could do it separately from getting your car delivered there.

I did PCD redelivery after euro delivery and it was a bit of a pain to drive back to CA from SC.

It would have been awesome to just get the car shipped back to my local dealership then fly over there and do the 101 experience, and then fly back home.

The X5 offroad course was a real highlight, along with the factory tour. those were definitely worth doing.

The rest of the experience was... ok. The "track" time was just a small loop, the skidpad forced you to use 335 regardless of what car you bought so you can't really simulate the experience of controlling the slide in your own car, and the other things like braking exercise were not much different than what you can do at a local autoX or car control clinic.
Good grief Nick, temper the expectations a little. This isn't a track day experience and is for all levels of buyers. The day was fun and my wife loves it. We've done PC delivery for our last 4 purchases.

You still have the option to do ///M School if you'd like. I've done 3 days; intermediate and advanced.

Also, keep in mind that now there is a West Coast Performance Center. You may be able to take delivery there.

If not, for future purchases, you can ask your dealer to arrange shipping. May charge you, but should be cheaper than getting it on your own. No more than a few hundred I would think.

Packs: Technology, Driver Assistance, HK Audio, Park Distance Control
Appreciate 1
      03-15-2016, 01:44 PM   #14
NightWriter
Colonel
Rep
Drives: G80 M3 Pure

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicknaz View Post
Well, duh But from what I remember, PCD after ED skips the actual "delivery" step, right? i.e. you do the track time, off road course, and factory tour and museum, but they don't hand you your keys and the full car overview...

Quote:
You can still do that...you'd just have to pay a shipping company to schlep the car cross-country for you.

Quote:

BMW does offer full one- and two-day ///M track classes. I think the PCD experience is superb for the price (FREE); I've done it a couple of times now and would recommend it heartily to anyone. If you're expecting an advanced car control clinic like a weekend at Skip Barber, you might want to adjust your expectations.
      03-20-2016, 12:20 PM   #15
cestbon
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 328xi

I got the PCD!! Booked for some time in late May - hope it can be done earlier!
      03-21-2016, 01:36 AM   #16
nicknaz
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by rolltidef32 View Post
Good grief Nick, temper the expectations a little. This isn't a track day experience and is for all levels of buyers. The day was fun and my wife loves it. We've done PC delivery for our last 4 purchases.
You are in ATL, 2.5hr from Greer. I would also do PCD for all purchases if I was that close.

For a west coast buyer, as I said, it was "ok". (glad I did it once, but not planning to do again)

by the way, in all the prep I did for euro delivery and PCD, PCD was always described in glowing and positive terms. had I seen comments like what you and Nightwriter are making about how basic it is, I might not have gone
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2016, 04:56 PM   #17
Versipellis
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: '17 F36 440i xDrive M-Sport

Quote:
http://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho....php?t=1042683

West Coast PCD.
      04-01-2016, 07:03 PM   #18
nicknaz
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Versipellis View Post
performance center classes, but not vehicle delivery (as far as I know, and what I was told by the instructors there)
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2016, 02:59 PM   #19
Versipellis
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: '17 F36 440i xDrive M-Sport

Quote:
performance center classes, but not vehicle delivery (as far as I know, and what I was told by the instructors there)
Pretty sure I saw somewhere on the BMW site just a day before I saw this thread that they did delivery there.

Might've been in the FAQ section.