E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > My anger at BMW UK (connected services/customer services)

03-22-2013, 01:07 PM   #1
mv57
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E90

My anger at BMW UK (connected services/customer services)

It is with great frustration that BMW UK customer services treat a paying customer with no concern to deal with a complaint. Their attitude is tuff shit pay up and shut up.

13 th march connected services offline completely. Considering I pay over £100 a year for the privilege to make maybe three 3 calls a year to them. (£33.33 per call average), I can understand that computers fail and go wrong, I lodged a complaint. They should clearly be made aware of their failings and not be rewarded or ignored.

Today I call, twice, after not hearing anything about my complaint. Finally a dead pan chat with a chap called Peter who called me back says I registered your complaint on the 13th march and there will be no further action. End of story. Thank you for calling.

BMW is a large corporation that will not speak or deal with an issue of one individual that was immensely let down by the lack of service provided. What is worse is the manner in which the aftercare is lacking. What I take from this? the person, the customer is worthless. Of course there is small print to hide behind for BMW to slam the door on a paying customer. But this is unacceptable in my eyes.

I have been told a manager from somewhere will call at some point.

On what number should we call you on? I am asked.
on the number you called me on peter?
I dont have any numbers for you.
How did you call me peter?

FFS That just sums up his difficult and awkward attitude towards me from the start of the call. Just rude.

BMW UK! I was till 10 minutes ago a very happy and loyal follower of all things BMW.

For now take your cars and your future and aim your marketing at someone who cares.

My money is going elsewhere. That is my choice, my power and my right. 1 of millions of your customers I know. But now one less!

My grandfather an avid BMW fan, my father an avid BMW fan, I was an avid bmw fan, my son will not be. Chain broken. I was so looking forward to seeing the new 4 coupe in person. You keep treating people in this manner I can only hope that more will do the same as me. Every part of your contact with people reflects on your brand positively or negatively. Guess which way I have taken it.

End of rant.

p.s. proof reading took out about 15 words that could have had me banned from posting.

E9X Picture game / 5 MPH / double bhp / The Beatles zebra crossing / Gordon Ramsays restaurant / Michelin star /
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2013, 02:09 PM   #2
A_P
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E46 M3

I get all that. But not letting your son buy a bm is a tad harsh. However if he ever wants a ride in a superb machine let me know
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2013, 03:06 PM   #3
335DEE
Captain
England
Rep
Drives: M3 DCT

The only way you are going to get "Drop your pants and suck you off service " is when you go to tier 1 motors.

Try owning a ford and get the same service .. you'd be back in your beemer faster than a whore could drop her knickers.

Fact is there are more people wanting to buy into the brand than despise it for being mistreated , they really don't give a f**k and they know it , little man in the street can get as angry and disappointed as you like to them you are nothing.. and even less with a ford or some other plastic crap.

Only way to deal with this kinda thing is to become a massive pain in the ass to customer services, never give up or give in until you get an apology or a resolution .. good luck

Last edited by 335DEE; 03-22-2013 at 03:16 PM..
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2013, 03:08 PM   #4
SHEEDI
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 335i - Sport PKG

Garage List
2009 BMW 335i  [8.50]
This shit is everywhere, we in New York are not happy with Service provided by BMW Dealer/Service departments
and my next BMW will not new or CPO, why bother to pay extra to buy CPO if you are not going to get quality BMW Service
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2013, 05:17 PM   #5
sixpot
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i Coupe

Lexus next?
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2013, 05:32 PM   #6
zltm089
Banned
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 335i SE Coupe Space Grey

Garage List
2006 BMW 335i  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by o0timbo0o View Post
The only way you are going to get "Drop your pants and suck you off service " is when you go to tier 1 motors.

Try owning a ford and get the same service .. you'd be back in your beemer faster than a whore could drop her knickers.

Fact is there are more people wanting to buy into the brand than despise it for being mistreated , they really don't give a f**k and they know it , little man in the street can get as angry and disappointed as you like to them you are nothing.. and even less with a ford or some other plastic crap.

Only way to deal with this kinda thing is to become a massive pain in the ass to customer services, never give up or give in until you get an apology or a resolution .. good luck
plus one.

Don't give up! In fact every time they treat me like shit makes me become more of dickhead to them.

Called Sytner Canary Wharf twice and the receptionist said that the sales team will be calling me back.

No call.

So I searched online for one of their regional directors and complained. Simples. Time to make those cunts work!

I was also told that BMW UK will be in touch with regards to the OBD security update.

Been quite busy lately, but once I get some free time, they will get it again. Bunch of lazy arrogant twats.
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2013, 07:09 AM   #7
rich1068
has left the building
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F30 330d M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by o0timbo0o View Post

Agreed. Currently shopping around for another family bus and I've dealt with Ford, Peugeot, Citroen, Honda, Toyota, Hyundai, Kia, SEAT, VW and a few others I've forgotten. How any of them manage to sell cars is beyond me.
Appreciate 0