E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > Tyre pressure Monitor

09-05-2007, 04:54 PM   #1
Tizzy
England
Rep
Drives: BMW 320d M Sport (E90)

Tyre pressure Monitor

Anyone else had a problem with this? My car's done 8K miles (Jun 07) and I did have a suspected puncture on the O/S/R tyre a couple of weeks ago, which the tyre monitor picked up and displayed very prominently on the I-Drive screen. The tyre had lost 7-8 PSI and gradually got worse, so the system was correct, or so I thought.
Now driving along you sometimes get the Tyre Pressure Warning screen coming up - you pull over to check the pressures and lo and behold, they're all OK, so you hit reset, drive off and all is well for a few days, then it does it again. The annoying thing is when it comes on, on a high-spped motorway, you've no way of knowing that it's spurious, so you have to pull over to check the pressures, only to find that they're OK. I need to take it back to a dealer and get them to re-set the system as it's obviously some kind of system error.
      09-06-2007, 01:03 AM   #2
- Paul -
Major General
England
Rep
Drives: see above.

Garage List
2005 320D SE  [10.00]
2005 645  [9.00]
Not heard of it but you may get more response if you cross post it here

http://www.e90post.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=12

aswell.
      09-06-2007, 12:48 PM   #3
London320d
Second Lieutenant
England
Rep
Drives: '06 E90 320dSE

Get you dealer to check it out. The runflat indicator is normally reliable. You almost certainly have a fault. It could be a dodgy sensor on a wheel or the IDrive controller module.

(For reference, the runflat indicator works by monitoring the circumference of the wheel by measuring the speed that it is rotating. So a dodgy wheel sensor would cause spurious warnings)
Appreciate 0