E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > New & Preowned BMW Ordering / Pricing / Tracking Information Forum (including European Delivery) > DealersCost.com and quick production

11-26-2005, 11:19 AM   #1
ksfrogman
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 330i 6MT

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
2006 330i  [0.00]
DealersCost.com and quick production

The Sparkling Graphite 330i 6MT was not currently available in the U.S. with the color/options combination I wanted, so I knew it would have to be ordered. However, when I called a number of Southern California dealerships, I was told that it may take longer than 8 weeks to get the vehicle, especially with Xmas holiday season around the corner (i.e., Germans don't work over Xmas?).

I called DealersCost.com, and was told that because of their special relationship with the larger dealerships--in this case, Irvine BMW--they would be able to minimize the time needed to get my vehicle. Since this dealership orders so many vehicles to maintain their usual inventory, they were able to quickly modify an existing order that was to be soon scheduled for production to my specs. In short, I ordered my vehicle on Thursday, November 17, and by the following week, my vehicle had already gone into production, and is now scheduled for completion on November 29. Am I lucky and is this just a fluke?

Of course I know it may not get here until Early to mid January if I'm lucky, but not bad huh?
Appreciate 0