F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics > Another Phone Bluetooth Problem
ARMA SPEED

04-10-2013, 12:02 AM   #1
pitzerwm
Rep
Drives: 2012 335i

Another Phone Bluetooth Problem

I only have had the car a few months and the bluetooth (an Android phone) has worked fine. Yesterday, the car deleted all but one of my phone contacts, when I get it and pick Phone, it shows the 1 phone book contact and says transferring data, which last maybe 3-4 minutes. However, it doesn't replace any of my phone's contacts. It has not messed with the phone's actual contacts, thankfully.

I called BMWNA, and might as well, been talking to some 12 year old on the street. Paired and unpaired a couple of time with no change. The phone does work, but must manually dial the number.

Any suggestions?
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2013, 01:04 PM   #2
Rajput
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW F30 320d 2012

Mine has done this at least once before.

Go into iDrive>telephone and unpair your phone and then pair up again. From memory I think it might be under 'add new device'. That should fix it.
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2013, 11:22 PM   #3
pitzerwm
Rep
Drives: 2012 335i

What it turned out to be is that the phone was asking for permission to send the contacts to the car, but it only appeared at the top, which is too small to see for an old blind fart.

Problem solved. Pairing and unpairing by itself won't do it.
Appreciate 0