F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Cosmetic Maintenance: Wash, Wax, Detailing, Repairs > Apartment Car Wash - need sprayer
ARMA SPEED

04-15-2013, 02:10 PM   #1
NateDog07V
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 15' M235i BSM Auto

Apartment Car Wash - need sprayer

I have a decent parking space in my apartment garage where a small drain is nearby and i've been contemplating getting some sort of sprayer with 4-5 gallon capacity so i can fill up a soapy bucket with water and my griots wash mitt and then take the sprayer down as well to wet the car and then rinse after washing.... has anyone bought anything like this or found a viable solution for easily getting 4+ gallons of water down to their car to do a simple wash? The sprayer i'm looking at is below for reference. Thoughts?
http://www.amazon.com/Gilmour-W4-Spr...ayer+with+pump
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2013, 02:37 PM   #2
m2michael23
Captain
Rep
Drives: G82 M4 Competition

Get a optimum no rinse wash? I use that every week till my car need a real wash
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2013, 02:46 PM   #3
live4wknds
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2012 328i

4 gallons doesn't seem like enough water for the initial wash down of the car. I like to use copious amounts of water when I first wet the car, the purpose being to rinse off as much dirt and other tiny particulates that may otherwise end up scratching the finish during the soaping/washing step.
Although it may sound counter intuitive to what I just stated, you may want to look into the rinseless/waterless car wash alternatives. I've tried a waterless product on other cars I've owned and they work quite well.
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2013, 02:54 PM   #4
NateDog07V
Second Lieutenant
Rep

I've used ONR before and while it does work fine, i'd rather go the old school water and 2 bucket method and do a legit wash as my time allows... unfortunately, the closest gas station with a coin operated place to just use their water is 5 miles away and in DC/NoVA traffic, it's a nightmare to deal with once a week
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2013, 03:02 PM   #5
Red Bread
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Smog machines

I have a garage and a hose, but still prefer ONR over the old school way. It's honestly been less swirl inducing (even on a previous Jet Black car) than using a full wash. If you want quality, ONR done with the proper method will beat anything that you could accomplish at a coin op place or with limited rinse water trying to do a conventional wash.
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2013, 03:05 PM   #6
zeezz
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F30 328i Sport Line

Yup, I have gone to doing ONR washes exclusively unless there's some crazy dirt on the car. Works great and lets me do it in the garage in our "cold" California winters.
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2013, 03:14 PM   #7
OC40
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 335i MSport + MPS/MPPK

Garage List
2013 MINI S  [0.00]
2013 BMW 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeezz
Yup, I have gone to doing ONR washes exclusively unless there's some crazy dirt on the car. Works great and lets me do it in the garage in our "cold" California winters.
+1

I use ONR exclusively...especially in the SoCal winters.
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2013, 04:27 PM   #8
NateDog07V
Second Lieutenant
Rep

For you guys using ONR, what do you do for the wheels/tires/exhaust?
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2013, 04:31 PM   #9
Red Bread
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Smog machines

Quote:
Originally Posted by NateDog07V View Post
For you guys using ONR, what do you do for the wheels/tires/exhaust?
Wash them last, with a brush, instead of the grout sponges I use for the body of the car. I use one sponge for the horizontal surfaces and one for the vertical surfaces and then wash the wheels, tires and exhaust with the brush. I still use the two bucket method and use a spray bottle to pre-soak the areas before washing them.

I tend to spray down the wheels and exhaust before starting the wash at all. One nice thing about ONR is that letting it dry on the car doesn't present any issues.
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2013, 03:10 PM   #10
utenigma
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 F30 335i 8SA M-Adaptive

Garage List
I use ONR even when it's super dirty. I had it polished and opti-coated a week after I bought it, and wash with ONR, one bucket method about once a week.

FYI, one bucket method=1 bucket, 2oz of ONR, 2 Gal distilled water, 12 microfiber cloths. Put the water, ONR and all but 2 cloths in the bucket. Working top to bottom, Pull one towel out at a time, wash one body panel, put that rag in a plastic sack, then dry with the two other towels. Repeat for each body panel - never put a dirty rag back into the ONR/water bucket - use it then throw it in the plastic sack. Takes me ~30-45 min to do the whole car in my garage and there's little to no water on the ground when I'm done. I've got 688 jet black and swirl free after 6 months and ~20 washes - still shines like a mirror
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2013, 05:55 PM   #11
finaloption
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: '13 f30 n26

Quote:
Originally Posted by utenigma View Post
I use ONR even when it's super dirty. I had it polished and opti-coated a week after I bought it, and wash with ONR, one bucket method about once a week.

FYI, one bucket method=1 bucket, 2oz of ONR, 2 Gal distilled water, 12 microfiber cloths. Put the water, ONR and all but 2 cloths in the bucket. Working top to bottom, Pull one towel out at a time, wash one body panel, put that rag in a plastic sack, then dry with the two other towels. Repeat for each body panel - never put a dirty rag back into the ONR/water bucket - use it then throw it in the plastic sack. Takes me ~30-45 min to do the whole car in my garage and there's little to no water on the ground when I'm done. I've got 688 jet black and swirl free after 6 months and ~20 washes - still shines like a mirror
+1 exact same method that i use and it works wonders.. can't recommend it enough
Appreciate 0